• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Qwark

Niantic confirmed that they are doing large quarterly updates and speculation is that the gym rework is going to be the spring update.

Either way, something big will be coming soon.

Ah, I'm gonna hold off on hoping for now. Obviously I want a gym update, but I don't expect it this early.

border

No one knows, really. Once the update drops and The Silph Road and/or GO Hub datamine it, we should have a better idea.

I mean, when people say "gym rework," does that mean will it be a change to how gyms work and function?

Or are they just rebalancing stats, as they have periodically done?

zulux21

I mean, when people say "gym rework," does that mean will it be a change to how gyms work and function?

Or are they just rebalancing stats, as they have periodically done?

the first thing...
and hopefully it's a huge overhaul because gyms are completely pointless in my area right now as I am on blue team and they are all level 10 blue with the min level trainer in there like 33 with gyms starting at like 2900CP.

Growlie19

Got a second Sun Stone and finished walking Togepi, adding Sunflora and Togetic to my dex. Gonna finish off Slugma before walking Houndour. I've got a 900 CP puppy with near perfect HP and defense.

So far, I've gotten four Up-Grades, four King's Rocks, two Sun Stones, and two Metal Coats. Really hoping for a Dragon Scale next time....

HiResDes

Finally about to land my first Dragonite, I could evolve an 82 percent IV Dragonair now or wait until I walk for 3 more candies to land a 91 percent IV one... Kind of a hard decision since I won't have any candy to level with if I choose option B.

Joni

Picked up a Mareep which puts me at 229. Just Steelix and Tyrannitar (and technically Puppitar) and I'll consider my regional dex complete. Unown doesn't spawn in my region.

Skip straight to Lugia.

Repeat the plot of the second movie. You need the three legendary birds to get Lugia.

Finally about to land my first Dragonite, I could evolve an 82 percent IV Dragonair now or wait until I walk for 3 more candies to land a 91 percent IV one... Kind of a hard decision since I won't have any candy to level with if I choose option B.

walk the three candies dude. Evolving the 82% one would be a total waste of candy imo.

I'm very excited to finally level up again. Because this time I have Pokemon that are already at max. so I really want to beef them up further.

Fully powered up one of my Dragonites tonight, hit 3199 CP, why not one more? :(
Anyway, found a gym to put him in and am sitting on 8 gyms now, two of them are pretty high turnover so I expect to go back to 6 shortly.

Picked up a Mareep which puts me at 229. Just Steelix and Tyrannitar (and technically Puppitar) and I'll consider my regional dex complete. Unown doesn't spawn in my region.

Unown can spawn anywhere, it's just ridiculously rare.

Had an unexpected rush of "rares" this morning. Cyndaquil and Suudowoodu, then another Suudo along the road. Then my first Houndour. Then my second last Onix.

Would love for it to be like this everyday, instead of the same five Pokemon at every nearby stop.

Would it hurt them to filter out the common spawns on the locator? I'd be more motivated to take a longer walk if I knew something cool was there, and there would be more spots open for local spawns. Now I might miss rares just around the corner because it just shows me five Ratattas half a mile away.

Oxx

I managed to tap on a Cyndaquil I didn't even see while aiming for a pokestop.

Glad I didn't leave it to the Go Plus.

I've only accumulated 24 Cyndaquil candy so far.

I'm hatching 5 old 10km eggs and the first 3 were Pinecos... what a shame.

Fucking 10k eggs are killing my interest in this game faster than anything else. At least make the damn things worthwhile. I don't need another Skarmory for the rest of my damn life and the less said about my Pineco collection, the better.

ZeroCDR

Fucking 10k eggs are killing my interest in this game faster than anything else. At least make the damn things worthwhile. I don't need another Skarmory for the rest of my damn life and the less said about my Pineco collection, the better.

I'm whatever on 10KM eggs now since I finally checked off Mareep, Larvitar and Aerodactyl. I need two Pokemon from 5KM's to complete my dex (sans regionals) and the pool is way too big, filled with endless trash that you can pick up anywhere. It really needs to be whittled down.

I'll keep on truckin' though.

I'm whatever on 10KM eggs now since I finally checked off Mareep, Larvitar and Aerodactyl. I need two Pokemon from 5KM's to complete my dex (sans regionals) and the pool is way too big, filled with endless trash that you can pick up anywhere. It really needs to be whittled down.

I'll keep on truckin' though.

I'm in desperate need of Snorlax candies, Chansey candies, and Larvitar candies. Never do I see any of those little bastards pop out of an egg.

GulAtiCa

I don't mind Pinecos. I hate getting Sudowoodos, Mantines & Skarmony. Since they are everywhere around me anyways..

I need more Chansey, Snorlax & Mareep candies. I've only ever hatched 1 Snorlax so far (1 Porygon too). Every other Pokemon I've hatched at least 2 times. I did catch 4 Snorlaxs in the wild, which is nice.

Currently walking up my Chansey to help power up my Blissey.

ZeroCDR

I got really lucky with Snorlax hatches, I hatched my 6th over Easter. They also appear in the wild here occasionally.

Chansey eluded me entirely until Valentine's, I hatched one and caught one, neither are good stats so I'm still holding out for a good one.. But I'm expecting a big gym meta shakeup so Blissey may not even be worth the investment anymore.

Walking my Larvitar now, so-so stats but I think I'll hatch a few more between now and Tyranitar.

Good news: Level up to 34!

Bad news: Hatched another Pineco.

My last 10km eggs were: 3 Pinecos, 2 Mantine, 3 Gligar, 1 Sudowoodo.

Fuck this shit!

Joni

Last egg was a weak Charmander, immediately evolved it to a weak Charmeleon to get my 200 Fire Pokémon medal. Now to work on those five fighting Pokémon I need for that medal.

Hmm...

I've literally only hatched four 10km eggs ever since Gen 2 released, so I am yet to experience what many of you are going through.

My hatches are 1 Pineco, 2 Chansey, 1 Larvitar. Even though my number of hatches is extremely small, my luck actually isn't bad.

Sorry guys. I (and several others) remember the pain of hatching Eevee at nearly 40-50% rates when they were 10km in Gen 1. That was evil, and Pineco is certainly Gen 2's Eevee.

Nests near me have changed to Cubone (we just had one two nests ago) and Teddiursa. I've also just hatched two 10km eggs. Really want Larvitar and Mareep, wouldn't mind a Porygon or Dratini. Hatched 2 Pineco. Fucking wonderful. This game can be a real kick in the balls sometimes. :(

border

My machop nest is gone. I evolved one Machamp with double-steel and one with a mixed move set. Maybe someday I'll get my Blissey-beater....

Finally evolved a Tyranitar after 220k of walking a Larvitar and got another metal coat to evolve Steelix! 228 in the dex now.

Now the looooong 450k walk to evolve my Flaaffy begins.

GulAtiCa

Gained another 10k egg today, now have 5 on me. Also now 60k away from being lv 34. Will do a mass evolution tonight, which will get me there!

GulAtiCa

New Mini Event this weekend:

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/grassweekend2017
Trainers,

Professor Willow's research into Pokémon habitats around the world has uncovered some interesting findings. His initial reports indicate that we’ll see an influx of Grass-type Pokémon sometime this weekend. These Pokémon will appear in the wild more frequently starting the afternoon of May 5, but only for a short period of time. We anticipate that Pokémon will return to their normal habitats on May 8, 2017 PDT.

Help us contribute to Professor Willow’s ongoing research by catching as many Grass-type Pokémon as possible this weekend. While you’re out with friends and family, don’t forget to document your findings using the Pokémon GO AR camera and share your screenshots on social media using #PokemonGO.

gutshot

Uh OK. Hope this doesn't mean they hit a snag with the gym rework and are rushing this out to keep us occupied in the meantime.

EDIT: Maybe they will use this opportunity to launch more shinies?

Growlie19

Well, my immediately nearby nests were trash: Nidoran-M and Goldeen. But going downtown is another story entirely: Chikorita and Cyndaquil! I'll have a Meganium in no time thanks to this plus the grass event, and possible redemption from my Shadow Claw/Solar Beam Typhlosion.

Oh, and I hatched a bunch of 5K's, too. Got Rhyhorn, Wobbuffet, Phanpy, Grimer, and other less important stuff. Now my Rhydon and Donphan are really strong (2900CP and 2600CP respectively), and I'm 6 candies away from a second Muk.

And to finish off the good news, I hit my gold Kindler and Jogger medals! I'm impressed I managed to walk the thousand kilometers in less than a year.

CassSept

I really hope they go overboard on grass spawns given it's a short event. I haven't seen a single Totodile during the water event, some progress on Meganium would be nice for a change.

At the very least I guess I'll be able to knock Sunflora off the list hopefully, maybe catch a Tangela or two to make some progress on Tangrowth too.

gutshot

I'm only missing unown, the ampharos, tyranitar and Scizor. This event does nothing for me. Oh well

Same here. Well I have a lot more to go for a full Dex but my house is in a grass biome and I work at a water biome. So the last two increased spawn events have been almost total busts for me (exception being the Lapras I got during the water event). I really need a mountain/desert biome spawn boost!

Zubz

Banned
Maybe I can finally make progress towards Venusaur... I have an Ivysaur but barely have any candy at this point.

elguero

Doubt the grass event will do anything for my Pokedex but I've been sitting on some lures to use for a while. Time to load up on stardust!

Top Bottom