• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4Gamers interviews Kamiya: Iwata, Okami sequel, Western media/gamers, Bayo 3 Unlikely

wizzbang

Banned
Your W101 omission is pretty funny/sad, especially after this interview

I know absoloutely nothing about W101, I'd never heard of the game except a few neogaf posts and I google imaged some screenshots and it looked kinda ho hum.

Who made it and why should I care about it?

It's funny Kamiya's worst game (RE1.5) was always highly sought after and still people are craving to play it myself included. Man how's that RE1.5 fan remake faring. I know they released the playable original build but I wonder how there progress of the full remake is coming along.

Azure J

Kamiya is seriously one of the most legitimate developers in the industry. "I just make games because they're fun to" is the best reason for a developer to be in this industry in this day and age.

Want the fuck out of a Wii U/Ps4/XB1 Okami though.

Cosmozone

Kamiya is seriously one of the most legitimate developers in the industry. "I just make games because they're fun to" is the best reason for a developer to be in this industry in this day and age.
Yes, that's really cool about him. I didn't know him much until recently, but that changed quickly. I hope more gamers also will take this attitude and make the market more diverse.

DrWong

How did you meet Iwata?

Kamiya: We've met briefly during a prior E3 and then I introduced myself to him. It took till Iwata Asks (a series of interviews about Nintendo) that I could really meet him though. Back then, I brought five games he worked on and asked him if he wanted to sign them.

Iwata: sure but please, understand you also have to sign a little [exclusive 2nd party agreement] something... [laughs]

wizzbang

Banned
.png too? Already ordered the okami one, now I just need a frame.

Yep, I'm still trying to find a JPG in my collection worthy of putting on my wall though :/ Only things I'm truly passionate about. The Okami one I linked is fan-fuckin-tastic because it's not clearly HI LOOK AT MY VIDEO GAME POSTER kind of shit. I don't want something too 16y/o on my wall.

Jintor

That doesn't mean it's any good! The guy who made Syndicate also made Black and White.

A) I liked Black and White :(
B) Molyneux made Syndicate?!?
C) W101 is trending pretty good so far. Lot of solid 8/10s, multi-unite morphs apparently also crazy shit. Also got that dodge offset.

Top Bottom