• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 is a beautiful looking game

Loved the game, the cut scenes were a bit much but I looked past it and adored it for the gameplay.

Yeah I liked it more than the Uncharted games but holy shit, talk about crazy cutscenes. There are literally only 3-4 minute short bursts of gameplay in between all of them too.

Raiden

Banned
Did not find another thread to bump.

Playing through Max Payne 3 right now. Max Payne 2 was one of my absolute favorite games i think i blasted through it about 10 times.

Gameplay and shooting is great, but story/character wise so far oh my god what happened. I miss the noire touch and storytelling from MP2. Max his face changed for the worst and not because he aged and got fatter, it just looks different.

His character feels out of touch with the previous one as well, dumb one-liners, acting like a chump a bit.

I dont know, its probably because i loved the previous game so much and the wait for MP3 being insanely long that i'm not feeling it right now.

I'll see how it turns out.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Playing through Max Payne 3 right now. Max Payne 2 was one of my absolute favorite games i think i blasted through it about 10 times.

Gameplay and shooting is great, but story/character wise so far oh my god what happened. I miss the noire touch and storytelling from MP2. Max his face changed for the worst and not because he aged and got fatter, it just looks different.

His character feels out of touch with the previous one as well, dumb one-liners, acting like a chump a bit.

I dont know, its probably because i loved the previous game so much and the wait for MP3 being insanely long that i'm not feeling it right now.

I actually liked the change myself and my first playthrough was quite good...but the game starts to crumble a bit as you replay it simply due to the overuse of cutscenes.

I mean, I enjoy the way it transitions between gameplay and cutscene at some point but MP3 just went too damn far. They use cutscenes to bridge nearly every single room in the game.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

The wait couldn't be that long if you're just playing it now.

Raiden

Banned
The wait couldn't be that long if you're just playing it now.

That be true. I lost pretty much all interest from footage that i saw. I was one of those moaners when they showed bald Payne and pretty much lost interest. Picked it up for 16€ now.

Still feel kinda bummed about Max being a complete and total drunk now because at the end of MP 2
his last words were "I had a dream of my wife. She was dead, but it was alright

But hey still enjoying it though and still early in the game. But the dialogue is a huge step down no denying that.

dark10x said:
I actually liked the change myself and my first playthrough was quite good...but the game starts to crumble a bit as you replay it simply due to the overuse of cutscenes.

I mean, I enjoy the way it transitions between gameplay and cutscene at some point but MP3 just went too damn far. They use cutscenes to bridge nearly every single room in the game.

Yeah cutscene abuse is annoying as hell and i'm a guy who loves cutscenes. The constant flashing and drunkeffect or whatever is pissing me off as well.

And the keywords jumping on the screen every 5 seconds as well.

Top Bottom