• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Some of the Worst Movie Taglines?

newjeruse

b2bac526c67c22b726757219a9d78a26.jpg
Wow. This is the hands down winner.

Pacific Rim: "To fight monsters, we created monsters."

I mean, it sounds kinda cool, but it is absolutely not relevant to anything that occurs or is explored in the film in any way.

I must have the purest mind on the universe because I didn't get what was so bad about that Yogi Bears poster until it was explained to me lol

"THIS IS NOT A GAME."

Wpfmgkm.jpg

What a terrible, unimaginative, spoiler-territory tagline for a movie that features the timeliness line, "The way we win matters."

THE
WAY
WE
WIN
MATTERS

would have been a billion times better. They fundamentally didn't know how to market this movie, because it was a quote-unquote "young adult" adaptation without any of the emo crybaby stuff that defines the "young adult" genre.

Ithil

The 2010 remake of Clash of the Titans' trailers featured the amazing tagline of "Titans Will Clash".

RINGS WILL LORD
APES WILL PLANET
US WILL LAST
DEAD WILL DAWN

StarTrekV_Seatbelt_Poster.jpg

Incredibly stupid, but it's so stupid I actually want it.

That's actually kind of brilliant.

Anyway, I'm going with Flight of the Navigator: "Come along on the greatest adventure of the summer." Yeah, it's a good movie, but that tagline is just so bland.
latest

I'm pretty sure Die Hard 1 is actually the retooled Commando 2. Die Hard 2 was actually an original story.

Die Hard is based on a book, itself a sequel to a book that was filmed with Frank Sinatra. There was some legal thing that they had to give Sinatra first refusal on the role that became McClane.

[boots];244633500 said:
All of these:

08c8af1067a48e9871bbe9f545f1e0b1--ben-affleck.jpg

d541f7dd938a39af8cf15761d3e0bfa8.jpg

04c2febc9723502ba47a5a27f15925d2.jpg

600full-armageddon-poster.jpg

I think this is kind of a cool idea for a series of posters. What's silly is the idea that "A.J." "CHICK" etc. are these iconic characters that anyone would recognize. You need to do these posters for like the Avengers or something.

Sephzilla

Die Hard is based on a book, itself a sequel to a book that was filmed with Frank Sinatra. There was some legal thing that they had to give Sinatra first refusal on the role that became McClane.

When Sinatra turned it down, the retooled it to be a sequel to Commando. But then Arnold turned it down, so the retooled it again to become Die Hard.

Die Hard 1's origin is interesting.

Top Bottom