• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Traveling out of the Country - Small Jobs for Extra Cash?

luffxan

Even at home where I have consistent work I like to pick things up here and there for a day or two for fun, to add to my portfolio, and make a little extra cash on the side. Any suggestions for this while overseas? I'm visiting Amsterdam for the next couple weeks to see my girlfriend's family and I'm curious. I don't know of any sites like Craigslist or the like there to look at and go off of. I usually edit videos, design sites, make logos, and occasionally do some light labor back home.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself kicked out of the schengen zone for breaking the rules of the tourist visa.

For design stuff you could just google and email companies, explain your circumstances and ask for the chance to have different views/experience in your line of work. (Highly doubtful anyone will say yes as you need to be legally employable and insured i would imagine)

Manual labor just seems like a bad idea to be honest.

BadHand

If you injure yourself while working illegally on a tourist visa, you probably won’t be covered under the terms of the country in questions workman’s compensation scheme or your own travel/health insurance. I had a friend who was picking vegetables in Australia and he got heatstroke.

Then there is the risk of being caught, arrested and deported.

I don't see why you can just do these things overseas with home clients:

' I usually edit videos, design sites, make logos'

Top Bottom