• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone playing Kingdom: New Lands? How is it?

Gowans

I've had a few people recommend this and saw it has a 90 on Metacritic but haven't seen any discussion on here.

Was gona grab it for Xbox but wanted to see whats the opinion on GAF, can't seem to find a thread.

Thanks

I posted 1 post about it in a thread I can't remember, why didn't you just read that?

/s

It's an awesome sidescrolling kingdom builder game. I bought it on PC before the new lands upgrade and accidentally played like 7 hours of it the first night. New Lands is just a bigger version of that with more stuff and I did the same playtime thing on the xbox release

Gowans

Thanks.

I've just found out the xbox version has a trial so I'll get on it tonight (probs tomorrow as the Smite update is out).

I'll check out some YouTube on it too.

Corpekata

Banned
New Lands is the subtitle for the updated version of the game, it was just called Kingdom until a month ago, so you might have more luck finding impressions looking under that title.

It's a solid game. A little obtuse to learn some of the mechanics at first, but if you stick with it, it's worth playing. Haven't tried this update yet though, that was my only complaint, it can feel a bit merciless to new players. Maybe they explained it more. If you do end up getting frustrated early game after enough time I'd suggest looking up a few things that confuse you, once I did the game clicked.

It has a 90 on Metacritic cause that's the X1 version with just 4 reviews by unknown outlets. It has a 74 on PC with 17 reviews.

It might be a great game, I haven't played it, but remember it looking really pretty at a convention.

New Lands is the subtitle for the updated version of the game, it was just called Kingdom until a month ago, so you might have more luck finding impressions looking under that title.

It's a solid game. A little obtuse to learn some of the mechanics at first, but if you stick with it, it's worth playing. Haven't tried this update yet though, that was my only complaint, it can feel a bit merciless to new players. Maybe they explained it more. If you do end up getting frustrated early game after enough time I'd suggest looking up a few things that confuse you, once I did the game clicked.

nah newlands is good about this stuff. I played the original PC version too, but new lands basically has the difficulty increase as you move around different islands. The starting land is pretty tame regarding threats, and lets you get a grasp of the mechanics at a pretty slow pace if you choose

JoeBoy101

Saw this pop out in the Switch store. Sounds interesting... should I give it a try ?

I half bought the Switch for this. I ADORE this game. Great retro graphics, easy as pie controls (three buttons: Left, Right, Up), but married with deep strategic gameplay.

Protome

Avoid the Switch version, it becomes near unplayable past the second island due to massive framerate issues.

atr0cious

Really want this, but worried Two Crowns will be out before I can finish it, and that one is gonna have co-op. Probably just going to wait for it.

JoeBoy101

Avoid the Switch version, it becomes near unplayable past the second island due to massive framerate issues.

Damn, did not know. That's crazy given that the iPad version and the PC version run smoothly. The hell, why would it have framerate issues for?

JonStark said:
Thanks ! bought !

Sorry about that, was unaware of the frame rate issue.

Protome

Damn, did not know. That's crazy given that the iPad version and the PC version run smoothly. The hell, why would it have framerate issues for?

It sounds like the developers thought the same and didn't thoroughly test it beyond the first couple of islands (although personally, I had massive framerate drops even on the second island) so never caught the issues before releasing it.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I bought this and am enjoying things. It's tricky to figure out what things do, so my decision making process is a bit off.

Top Bottom