• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the greatest videogame patent I've ever read

Tntnnbltn

Hey guys, who bumped this ol ----

la35bac0d380119b5b663cdzz3.gif

m3k

lol i skimmed this saw branching paths with prostitutes, vampires, lenin and marx and saving the world... and now the last page has uni surf girls pimpin physics books... bookmarked for future reading and chuckles :lol

Nessus

How can you use assertions from general relativity and quantum mechanics, two contradictory sets of principles, to arrive at a conclusion?

This guy reminds me of Time Cube.

Orpheon

Banned
I find it absolutely hilarious that it took 7 pages (for us 50/pg pure-bloods) of his tripe to get him banned.

And Kudos to SoloGeekLentenQuest for producing Gerry's Quest - seriously ROFL-worthy.

Nessus said:
This guy reminds me of Time Cube.

Thank you! I was trying to remember the name of that site but was coming up blank. Even looked up on Portal of Evil to see if anything there could jar my memory.

Portal of Evil....:( what have you become? That used to be such an awesome hub of insanity.

Blizzard

Banned
glimmerman said:
Excellent, someone finally banned the twat.
What a self-righteous, self-serving, pseudo-intellectual idiot.
And the worst part was, he would cite something like "Sauron creating the soulless orcs", and then totally ignore Botolf's serious, detailed explanation of who DID create the orcs (not Sauron) and how they actually had souls. :lol

Jive Turkey said:
I went back and reread this thread and stll have no idea what was going on.

You're missing nothing. The only thing that was going on was "Dr" McCrap spewing bull in some attempt to drive up google rankings for his many, many websites.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mods need to impose stricter guidelines for membership with this kind of member. Almost best to only allow recommendations with a resume in.

beat

wrowa said:
Did anyone actually read through his giant amounts of text?
Enough to tell that he made no sense whatsoever... I mean, I asked a basic question about the so-called intrinsic value of gold (as maintained by believers in the gold standard*) and he went off on an insane tangent about why he liked golden guns.

* I assumed he was one since nutjob libertarians often are goldbugs, and besides there's his rantings about the 'fiatocracy' - goldbugs hate fiat currency.

Sibylus

Banned
Blizzard said:
And the worst part was, he would cite something like "Sauron creating the soulless orcs", and then totally ignore Botolf's serious, detailed explanation of who DID create the orcs (not Sauron) and how they actually had souls. :lol
I shall never forgive him for that error. Never!

Hello Neogaffers!

What other titles do you think the Gold 45 Revolver / Ideas Have Consequences / Moral Premise technology could enhance? I cover some novel ideas @ my gamasutra blog:
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...ology__Making_Billions_in_the_Renaissance.php

Would love to hear ideas for your mods!

Improving/Exalting/Simplifying Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Gears of War, GTA, Fallout, Left For Dead, and all RPGs/FPSs With The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology & Making $$$$Billions$$$ in the Renaissance

Improving/Exalting/Simplifying ASSASSIN'S CREED with The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology:

The game opens in Rome. From street to street you walk, on by the Parthenon and Coliseum. You hear bits and pieces of conversations, and your task is to infiltrate the communist movement and carry out missions so as to prove your trustworthiness, as you rise on towards the top, so you can assassinate the communist leader.

You can see the titles of the books people are carrying/reading in the cafes, and you can can accept and read the pamphlets they are passing out. Sometimes you pick one up after they drop it, while getting up from their table in the cafe. You see the Marxist philosophy expressed, so you subtly follow them and say, "excuse me--I think you dropped this." They thank you. "It's good reading," you choose to say, and they introduce themselves. You are standing beneath an ancient archway inscribed with Virgil's immortal words, and you smile to yourself, as the words remind you of your true, exalted mission: "Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito."

This would be a brand new form of spy/assassin game, centered about the player's knowledge regarding various politcial philosophies, which would guide them in their choices in the dialogue trees, by which they would either move closer to the top of the communist party, or be exiled/killed. Imagine how fun that would be to fool communists en route to kiling their leader! Of course any other ideologies/ideas could be used/woven into the AI/technology, but the novel dynamic would be the same.

Showdown11B2.jpg

The novel technology would perform best for the most realistic scenarios acknowledging the fact that freedom's classical ideals have ever lead to greater peace and propserity than collectivism's. Imagine pretending to sympathize with the ideologies of the Red Coats/Scottish Nobles/Sauron/Nazis while infiltrating their ranks to kill their leader. And imagine the dire consequences of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time!

The more convincing you are in the dialogue (dialogue trees such as Mass Effect, but endowed with the ideas have consequences technology which deals with different ideologies that have far-ranging consequences which will be rendered in the game)--the more you respond and interact like a communist--the faster you move up, and the less *physical/risky* missions you have to perform to prove your worth to the communist party. If you fail to rise to the top and assassinate the leader, tens of millions will be killed; and freedom and liberty will be taken from all in the triumphant communist regime.

In various embodiements of the game, there will also be opportunities to bring communists over to your side by quoting the US Constitution/Founding Fathers/etc., so as to help you achieve your goals, but watch out, as it might get you killed! Best to move slowly and wait for them to broach the subject of the Constitution and liberty, but watch out again, as it could be a trap! Especially coming from a hot woman you just spent the night with!

Missions may involve you passing out communist pamphlets, defacing the opposing party's posters/signs signifying liberty, and disseminating propaganda. Missions could also involve you having to prove your worth by killing members of the opposing party--(your party!)--so as to rise on up, but such actions could result in losing the game, as you would be living the dervish "ends justify the means" philosopy.

At any rate, all embodiements end with the ideas or ideals--first heard in words--rendered in deeds. If you fail to kill the communist leader, you get to witness tens of millions dying. If you succeed, you get to witness liberty and an exalted, prosperous, and free world.

OMG! We're surrounded by fanboys! & we forgot our Gold 45 Revolvers at home!
fanboy1.jpg

Check out the Gold 45 Revolver treatment of Mass Effect, Gears of War, GTA, Fallout, Left For Dead, and all RPGs/FPSs With The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology @ Gamasutra!

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...ology__Making_Billions_in_the_Renaissance.php

Lookin' forward to hearin' your ideas on further applications of the novel tech/gaming mechanics!

Gomu Gomu said:
Oh hey he's back :lol :lol . Why were you banned before?

posting too many pictures of hot chicks. haaha ah :)

actually linking to too many of my outside sites. i was just sharing some love. :)

but now i'm only linking to gamasutra, so i don't get re-banned. :)

i cannot let the greatest thread ever die, like the market cap at major gaming companies who refuse to try anything new, but only reskin yesterday's technology, slap "emotional, epic, engaging storytelling," on the box at Best Buy, and then sell it to all us fanboys who were bored with GTA back in 2002.

Gomu Gomu

I've alerady given up discussing whatever BS you're trying to say. But It's always fun to read other people's reactions to it :lol .

Gomu Gomu said:
I've alerady given up discussing whatever BS you're trying to say. But It's always fun to read other people's reactions to it :lol .

yes--reading this thread taps and serves a deeper intellectual/emotional level that killing locusts in Gears of War will never satiate, no matter how many you chainsaw away. we're all born with immortal souls, and we're all longing for games to serve those immortal souls, so that games might become epic art. too bad EA consigned Dante's Beatrice to Hell. :lol :D

Best thread ever. Never have I witnessed an awesome so great... not even in the "great Miktar dragon penis extravaganza of 2008" or the "carnival of stupid" have I been so entertained and perplexed.

Dr. McGucken, I must admit that I have not completely read your patent or all your posts on here, but I am curious as to what video games today you enjoy? Or what games today get the closest to your idea of exalted game experiences?

gold45revolver said:
yes--reading this thread taps and serves a deeper intellectual/emotional level that killing locusts in Gears of War will never satiate, no matter how many you chainsaw away. we're all born with immortal souls, and we're all longing for games to serve those immortal souls, so that games might become epic art. too bad EA consigned Dante's Beatrice to Hell. :lol :D

We are not all born with immortal souls. Only those who think of themselves as something other than matter. Careful with those generalizations.

HDR+ragdoll said:
Dr. McGucken, I must admit that I have not completely read your patent or all your posts on here, but I am curious as to what video games today you enjoy? Or what games today get the closest to your idea of exalted game experiences?

Sometimes when I play Gears of War I get my girlfriend to quote Marx/Lenin whenever a Locust shows up, so I can pretend teh Locust is saying those things.

Hopefully Len Wiseman will use this same technique when he directs the Gears of War movie, as Kate Beckensdale could do cool Locust voiceover to add depth and emotional impact.

beckspartyBeckin_468x419.jpg

malingenie said:
We are not all born with immortal souls. Only those who think of themselves as something other than matter. Careful with those generalizations.

Sorry! Now I've messed up twice in this thread. The other time was worse though: "And the worst part was, he would cite something like "Sauron creating the soulless orcs", and then totally ignore Botolf's serious, detailed explanation of who DID create the orcs (not Sauron) and how they actually had souls.

I shall never forgive him for that error. Never!"

Don't taze me broseph!

Top Bottom