• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

You can buy Switch from any Region and make an account of any Region, right?

For instance I bought a JPN Switch, make a US account and use it as if I bought it in US?

Once every few years I get to experience the magic of a new Nintendo system. There's just something about it to me that's unmatched. Maybe because I grew up on NES/SNES? Either way, hype is off the charts and I am just one very long work day from getting a Switch and Zelda.

Maengun1

This is the first console I will EVER be playing on Day 1, which is pretty crazy because I always tend to snatch up Nintendo consoles ASAP.

Slight disclaimer is that I actually did buy a GameCube at a launch night event, but it then went into a closet for an interminable wait until Christmas morning. This is the second time I'm actually getting a console at launch, but first time I get to crack it open as well :'D

Griss

Will hopefully be able to pick one up in Ireland next week.

Was going to delay, but I'm so high after playing Zelda that I feel like Nintendo deserve my money and support. (And I deserve a better quality Zelda experience, lol)

I just wish it was stronger in docked mode. Zelda is one of the first Nintendo games I've played where 'This game would be a lot better on stronger hardware' was a reoccuring thought, so the fact that the new machine can't even do it in 1080p as a console releasing in 2017 is very disappointing.

It looks good on the Wii U gamepad, though, so at 720p on a much better screen I'm sure it'll be dynamite portably. And that's what I'm excited most for with the Swich. The portability of amazing console games.

_PsiFire_

1 more day, this past year has been torture for me!

Reading every rumor, fake 3D leaks, every GAF discussion.

It alls comes to an end tomorrow!

Blitzhex

My friend is going to be in Spain, Barcelona to be exact, couple days after launch. Anyone from Spain-GAF know where he might be able to pick up a couple of Switchs or if there will be shortages? We've never been there before, so don't know of any retailers.

Looking forward to playing some local Bomberman and yet another amazing Zelda game. Thank you Nintendo! Hopefully this console has a bright future.

Weils

Neo Member
Have fun guys! I have to wait till Amazon JP ships mine tomorrow, and next week to arrive at my house through forward shipping. The anticipation is killing me... :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Somebody *cough* iFixit and Chipworks *cough* do something!

It's 11:16PM local time, 3.2.17.

Waking up tommorow, driving my wife to work, then going straight to the mall to pick up my preorder (I took the day off). I invited my Nintendo-skeptical friend over so we can check out the new hardware over pizza and beer.

Bomberman R, Zelda, Fast RMX, Snipperclips - tommorow's gonna be glorious!

Xypher

Got it delivered early, and while I wait for Zelda to arrive tomorrow I played around in the home menu a bit, and downloaded a bunch of demos off the japanese store.
So far the wifi chip doesn't seem to be too great, it keeps dropping the connection to the router for me, while my ps4 right next to the switch has a signal strength of 80%, the switch only has one out of three bars. I also ran into the left joycon problems a couple of times while trying out Dragon Quest Heroes being roughly two meters from the system itself. Other than that I love the Home menu, it's snappy and fast, docking and undocking is almost instant, and the joycons, even using them sideways as single joycons feel good to hold and play with. I vastly prefer using one in each hand over the grip, though. The grip feels just a bit too small for my taste.

Akoi

I swear if I get my switch tomorrow and if my Zelda preorder doesn't show up till Monday from amazon....

Kosen

Neo Member
My friend is going to be in Spain, Barcelona to be exact, couple days after launch. Anyone from Spain-GAF know where he might be able to pick up a couple of Switchs or if there will be shortages? We've never been there before, so don't know of any retailers.

GAME, Fnac and MediaMarkt are probably the most common bets

Glix

Fully paid Switch, Zelda CE, and Hybrid Cover will be waiting for me at midnight tonight at Gamestop!

Can't fucking wait!

Kinsei

Banned
I can;t wait to get mine tomorrow. Zelda, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight on day 1 are sure to keep me entertained. Blaster Master 0 next week looks great too.

AGoodODST

Going to GAME for 10am to pick up my pre purchased goodies.

Switch (grey)
Zelda
Bomberman
Case

Then go home, update, download Shovel Knight, have a quick mess around before I have to leave. Really looking forward to tomorrow night when I can finally boot up Zelda and get absorbed in it.

It's so surreal that it is actually tomorrow. We made it GAF!

NSESN

So people are talking that you need to attach the joy-con to solve the issues. Can someone confirm it here?

omg those white Joy Cons, they will be mine one day.

We are in for a treat If this console becomes the new 3ds/WiiU fusion.

I went from being estatic after the reveal, to being cynical during the January presentation, to being optimistic as hell again these past 2 weeks. Excited to reenter the world of Nintendo after skipping two gens!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nice one Rosti!

There's two pictures of the BotW Master Edition though, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Thank you. I have corrected this. Pictures of both Master Edition and Special Edition should now be showing.

The_Lump

Banned
Waiting for my Amazon order to change to 'Dispatched' like:
prwtng.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom