• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Szadek

If Shadowlog is to belived, the game isn't doing too well:
tqN97nR.png
Mind you, shadowlog doesn't track everything. This is something a lot of japanesse player do voluntarily.

The game isn't running out of players anytime soon, but the downward trend is still a pretty big deal.
This is probably the reason why the changed thier poltics on nerfs.
I wonder if that will impact how they make expansion in the future as well.

Luigi87

Well it's a kick in the pants Cygames needed, that's for certain. They were doing more harm than good to their own game, especially with their previous mentality.
Now they just need to expedite formats to ease the power creep they created.

Kumubou

If Shadowlog is to belived, the game isn't doing too well:

Mind you, shadowlog doesn't track everything. This is something a lot of japanesse player do voluntarily.

The game isn't running out of players anytime soon, but the downward trend is still a pretty big deal.
This is probably the reason why the changed thier poltics on nerfs.
I wonder if that will impact how they make expansion in the future as well.
While only a small number of players (~10% of total downloads) are on Steam, the SteamCharts numbers bear this out as well. The game's peak CCUs on Steam are lower than at any point from the last expansion after they launched the Chinese language version. It was hovering at around 10k right before Wonderland Dreams launched and it's now below 8k peak.

This expansion has been a tire fire.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=336

Seven cards nerfed:
Tove
Spawn of the Abyss
Baphomet
Goblin Leader
Snow White
Ouroboros
Grimnir

I agree with every single one except Baphomet. I think it's a bit heavy handed to remove the enhance altogether, but it's still a 2/1 that replaces itself. Might see it in aggro now? On second thought, maybe Spawn didn't need a nerf if it can't be played on t6. Typically by 8 Blood won't have any evos so it's a 1 dmg nerf.

I really like the Tove and Snow White nerfs. Tove now gets rush if played later in a deck built for it and can potentially save an evo. Snow White now can't kill every 2 drop for free, but it can still find value in dealing 3 damage to trade evenly with a 3 drop.

I'm not surprised about Ouroboros, but not happy that Eachtar and Alice were not touched. Well, maybe Alice isn't necessary with a weaker Goblin Leader. Eachtar should still be adjusted slightly so that Shadow isn't threatening lethal every turn.

Luigi87

Refunds for all my Snow Whites? Sure!

Also as guy who usually mains Dragon... Thank crap for that Ouroboros nerf. I always thought it's heal was dumb, and mirror matches just became stupid as hell. It had way too much benefit.

All the other nerfs I'm totally okay with as well.

Eachtar and Alice getting away unscathed sucks though. Particularly Eachtar.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm surprised BKB wasn't touched.

Pooya

decent nerfs, rune probably will rule now. Back to the good old days.

Sword should be decent too.

Ouroboros was such bullshit in arena, I stopped playing because of it.

I think Grimnir is still good, you just don't put it in face decks.

Szadek

Good nerfs, this will certainly help the game a lot.
There are a lot of decks that could be great after the nerfs.
Another round of nerfs at the end of the months( if nessary) sound fix most of the remaining problems.

The Baphomet nerf sucks( RiP snakes), but I get why they had to do it.

Still, the expansions need to get a lot better. Another one has bad as the last 2 would be devastating.
I want to love this game, but Cygames makes that very hard right now.

Pooya

I deleted the game a few days ago, I don't know if I want to come back. The balance should be good now though.... until new set breaks everything again. Playing multiple f2p card games at the same time is pretty hard. No time for this.

Szadek

I deleted the game a few days ago, I don't know if I want to come back. The balance should be good now though.... until new set breaks everything again. Playing multiple f2p card games at the same time is pretty hard. No time for this.
That's understandable.
I don't really care for the other online CCG out there, so for me it's either this or nothing.

fertygo

I still like the game.. all fault aside this expansion production value is super ace. The legendary animation, the voice acting.. the Actress Feena voice line made me smile everytime despite the steamroll ability.

If they keep this up I'll still playing even this is is the card game with shittiest balance.

More free stuff coming:

1:00 p.m., Aug 6 - 1:00 p.m., Aug 29 (PT).

Play during the above period to get these rewards:

Day 1: Juventus F.C. emblem
Day 2: 1 Wonderland Dreams card pack ticket
Day 3: 50 rupies
Day 4: 1 Standard Card Pack ticket
Day 5: Juventus F.C. sleeve
Day 6: 1 Darkness Evolved card pack ticket
Day 7: 1 Rise of Bahamut card pack ticket
Day 8: 50 rupies
Day 9: 1 Tempest of the Gods card pack ticket
Day 10: 1 Wonderland Dreams card pack ticket

Also, the meta right now is pretty diverse. I'm liking it so far.

Szadek

Yup, the meta is great right now.
Forest isn't doing that well, but defiently playable if you know what you are doing, but every other crafts has at least 1 viable deck.

The nerfs did wonders.
Unless something crazy happens, we probably don't need any more nerfs till the next expansion.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I ended up opening 2 Dark Alices, so I've been tinkering around with its unique effects over Mordecai (since I still own 0 copies of!). I ended up with something like this:
vsVG5Ko.png

I basically spam the board and draw early game. With the amount of draw I have, I'm almost guaranteed to draw either Alice by 7 or Neph by 8. Neph is really just 2 more bootleg Alices since I don't own 3. Then I can stall with Test of Strength until I draw Satan and win. The Zeus's are there because I wanted to make a deck with them over Bahamut and this is the only time they really fit much better because they don't destroy ToS, leaving me open to Albert.

Even though it's not at all a serious deck, I've gone 7-3 in A2 so far. All 3 loses were to Rune haha. D-Shift can win first unless I set up ToS BEFORE Alice which is tricky. Dirt runs Mutabolt/Petrify and is an instant loss unless I have exactly Alice + Soul Conversion on t8 and I make it there from all the burn. Haven is obviously also a pain, but haven't seen any yet.

An older variant had Haunted Houses for better board control, but I replaced them with Foul Tempest. Still not convinced on which is better. I also tried running 6x 1 drops over my 4s. Couldn't afford to lose Necroassassin for the board control and Last Words activator though. I've been having a lot of fun building this win condition with bootleg Mordecai and getting to use Satan and Zeus. I also liked committing to not playing any 5, 6, or 7pp cards so that I basically never brick the early game and can play Nephs as extra Alices. I can keep up with aggro if I draw my spells/Liches. Does it seem like I'm missing anything obvious?

PS: Some games, I wonder if I should've just played traditional Neph instead haha.

Yup, the meta is great right now.
Forest isn't doing that well, but defiently playable if you know what you are doing, but every other crafts has at least 1 viable deck.

The nerfs did wonders.
Unless something crazy happens, we probably don't need any more nerfs till the next expansion.

Yeah I started playing again after nerfs

Vialed all my nerfed cards then spend some cash I had from selling steam cards for crystals to buy dragon prebuilt to get 3rd Sybille and vialed another Ouroboros+Grimnir which left me at close to 40k vials.

So I crafter 2 legendaries and put together Dragon Saha-ramp and I have a lot of fun in ranked.

I also added dirt rune for dailies and ended with 25k vials to craft other decks i'll need for missions.

Luigi87

Starting tomorrow Take-Two will include the potential to get a card pack from any set, not only Standard.

For the 30+ Take-Two tickets I have accumulated... I'm pretty content with this news. It will continue be updated as new sets are released. Currently in-progress Take-Two runs will not retroactively get an expansion set.
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=351

Luigi87

Been playing Take-Two since I haven't felt like playing Ranked.

Being said this week's analytics shows Rune knocking Sword out of the top three.

This amuses me as in DE I played Forest. In RoB I played Dragon and Sword. TotG I played Dragon, and Wonderland I played Haven and Dragon.

... Meaning none of the crafts I've ever played are currently in the top three, lol

Nerfs happening tomorrow:
- The gold Runecraft follower Falise, Leonardian Mage will no longer have the effect ”Enhance (7): Evolve this follower."
- The legendary Shadowcraft follower Demonlord Eachtar will now have the effect ”Necromancy (8): Summon 2 Zombies. Give all other allied followers +2/+0 and Rush until the end of the turn (whether Necromancy was activated or not)."
- The bronze Bloodcraft follower Big Knuckle Bodyguard will now cost 5 instead of 4.
- The silver Bloodcraft follower Scarlet Sabreur will now have the effect ”Bane. Fanfare: Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower. Then restore 2 defense to your leader."

They are all pretty good changes. Eachar is still definitely usable but not stupid broken anymore. Nuetral rune is still in a good spot. This hurts the emerging control blood and vengeance blood the most, since aggro blood has already been dropping BKB in favor of more burn. The Sabreur nerf is how she should have always been.

They also said this:
Up until now, we've tried to balance certain classes or strategies by designing strong cards. Unfortunately some of these cards ended up being stronger and more popular than anticipated. From our next card set (due to release at the end of September), we'll be reexamining our previous design direction of creating extremely powerful cards to strengthen certain classes and strategies. But we will, however, continue to pursue a design direction of creating an environment for new deck archetypes to emerge.
If they really mean this, which I believe they do since they are hitting all the needed cards in these monthly nerfs, then the next expansion should be good.

Szadek

I hate it when they remove enhance effects, but I suppose it had to be done.
Falise was just too strong.

Eachtar needs is harsh, but the card was pretty insane and is still good.
Losing the flexibility is a huge deal, so I guess we will see more Thanes than Eachtars in the future.

I feel bad for control blood, but these card had to be nerfed.
Scarlet is still good, but I'm not so sure about bkb.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well now you pick between bkb or scarlet * easy choice lol*

These are good changes and they need to be on the ball with the game like they have been

Luigi87

Now that the patch is out hopefully the next expansion will be revealed tomorrow or so. We're a month out from it's release.

Luigi87

Once more the monthly reward will include packs for the next expansion... I'm hoping it will be announced within the next 12~24 hours.

Szadek

... What in the...
Well that explains changing their Shadowverse social media profile pics to Ultimate Carrot, but yeesh.
I guess they think Cute Girls don't work as well in the west?
Which I guess make some sense, but I'm not sure how they got from there to vegetables, though.

The next expansion is called Starforged Legends. The first card reveal, an Aegis counter. I imagine it may be a one of in control decks for the control match up. I think it is a little too expensive though.

Another card reveal will happen in about an hour or so, a gold card.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The next expansion is called Starforged Legends. The first card reveal, an Aegis counter. I imagine it may be a one of in control decks for the control match up. I think it is a little too expensive though.

Another card reveal will happen in about an hour or so, a gold card.

Wouldn't be shocked if we got a gold or legend with a similar effect but targeted

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Very excited about their design direction going forward. I'm totally ok with late game bombs like Aegis and Dshift, but stuff like Eachtar needed to toned down, especially with Shadow's obscene draw power. I hope we see more interesting legendaries like Corpselord and Imperial Dragoon (with the adequate support to prop them up) over always optimal to drop on curve stuff.

Szadek

You can get 5 packs by switing the game to korean. No idea when the event ends.

Also new legendary:
Probably quite good in shadow, not so much eveywhere else (unless the get more last word support).

Luigi87

Yeah unless other crafts start getting some LW cards that isn't great elsewhere.
Ultimately it's another card that could go into like a Death Ledger deck, though it competes with Khawy as a 7 drop.

Szadek

Here is the new Medusa:

Fanfare: Summon a Poison Snake
At the start of your turn if you have 2 or more Poison Snakes combine 2 of them and become Medusiana.

Evolve: Summon a Poison Snake
At the start of your turn if you have 2 or more Poison Snakes combine 2 of them and become Medusiana.

Rush Bane Can attack 3 time in one turn.

The 2nd effect will never ever trigger,unless you already won, but she is great value, since she gets full stats on evolve.
Could be a stable 4 drop in many blood decks.

Top Bottom