• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis Teaser Trailer

My body is ready! But the DLC clearly isn't, since it's coming out in December... Wonder why it's taking so long, since FFXV -> Episode Gladio was 4 months and Episode Gladio -> Episode Prompto was 3 months.

Manu

WH6sPvB.png

Please tell me I'm not the only one who was really confused for a moment.

WarLox

These episodes would be so much better if i could import my current character and current items to play them. These isolated one shots are doing nothing for me.

DNAbro

Episode Prompto already out?

Also damn didn't expect to have to wait till December. Seems really far off. I was hoping something like October.

Twookie

looked pretty interesting

december seems late, I'm hoping it will be more meatier than the others(I haven't actually played those yet though) since it comes that late. I'm excited for it though, teaser was good.

Oh December? I though this would be in like september or something...

Maybe that "extra story content" where we could vote comes at the same time.

Wonder how they'll handle him being
blind
. It'd be a shame to see Altissia in a monochromatic outlines if they're making him
"see" through sound.

Ydelnae

I'm expecting Ravus to team up with Ignis during this DLC since other than Iris (absent from the Altissia incident) and the FFXV female protagonist, he's the only secondary character that they could use if they follow Prompto and Gladio's DLC structure.

I would look forward to that, Ravus and Ignis should make an interesting couple and everything that happens during this DLC could give us some memorable moments.
I'm also expecting the gameplay to be turn-based for this episode

Edit: Wait, coming in December? lol

I'm getting a feeling Ardyn forces Ignis to wear the ring in order to save Noctis, and his blindness serves as a price to pay for using their power.

I really hope the extra time helps make this the most polished and complete episode. They have a chance to redeem the Altissia story events, as that was the most disappointing section of the game for me. If they can deliver on some of that E3 2013 hype trailer, it would be amazing.

Ultros aint nothin without Typhoon so I'm kinda glad they held back on him, that stuff about a customisable character sounds damn interesting, kinda like Dragons Dogma pawns?

Man, what a weird crazy game this is turning into. The PC version is gonna be nuts.

MilkBeard

It's important to get this one right, so they can take an extra two months. It would be cool to get other stuff while we wait, though. I hope some of that leak is legit.

You mean this one, I guess:
1.08: This one comes in June, will add the ability of going out of the tracks with the regalia using an update with a new mission from Cindy. This mission feature Prompto alone. Also adds Prompto playable to chapter 13 at the moment Noctis is with the crystal. This sequence will be alternated between Noctis gameplay and Prompto gameplay.

DLC Episode Prompto: Adds full 5h narrative experience with long distance persecution in the snow while one of Ardyns peasants, The Worm, will chase Prompto, you can shoot from the motorcycle and use special hits whit mechanic guns. It begins in a little village in a snowy area, this is where prompto was born. This one is already in full production, once in Niflheim you fight against Versatel and reveal an important connection between Prompto and Regis, also why he is in the kingdom of Noctis as a child.

1.09: Coming in August, this update adds the feature to customize characters, you'll be part of the kingsglaive soldiers and you can go with Noctis on the entire game as a 5th party member except at some points.

1.10: Coming in September, this update adds a new dungeon with all of the monsters from the game with higher level, this dungeon works as an elevator, each floor is harder than the last one.

1.11: Coming in October, adds Halloween themed city but there is not much info about this one. This may no happen since they are more focused on the Episode Ignis.

1.12/DLC: Coming in November: Adds multiplayer function and online server, makes the continent of Niflheim playable as a parallel story with Kingsglaives (the ones you can customize) and you take down Iedolas on his human form. This journey happens by one of the old model car from versus XIII. Also expect a lot of outfits by this update applicable to Noctis and friends. There will be plenty of quests and hunts here.

1.13: Adds Ignis playable after Noctis enters the Crystal in chapter 13, there is a little gameplay escaping from Niflheim, vision will be limited to light strikes and running. It will feature more voice acting than controlable sequences and QTE.

DLC Episode Ignis: Coming December, this one adds an entire strategic battle against the empire in the Leviathan chapter, it's like a board game where Ignis chooses how to attack with some long shaped explosives, as he allied with Altissia soldiers. After the mini game you control Ignis while a battle against Ravus and Caligo. Gladiolus and Prompto joins the party and by the end expect Ultros to appear. After the battle they see Titan summon and go save Noctis and Luna. Luna speaks to the boys while Noctis is asleep. Ignis takes the ring from Luna and wears it, the Lucii makes a deal with Ignis making him blind but he can only save one, Luna or Noctis, he saves Noctis.

*Ultros was meant to be added on the journey with Cid from Cape Caem to Altissia, but due to time this must not happen, since the battle will be too hard to develop in a tiny boat and without swimming mechanics for the party.

Man, if Ignis is forced to wear the ring ;_;

Top Bottom