• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

sörine

Banned
With all due respect, the hardware in the 3DS just won't cut it for Minecraft, especially if you want a world of decent size. Save the handheld version for the NX handheld.
Make it n3DS exclusive then. It'll soon have a higher userbase than Vita or Wii U.

Oersted

Ridley327

sörine;185120591 said:
Make it n3DS exclusive then. It'll soon have a higher userbase than Vita or Wii U.

The Xenoblade port required the n3DS hardware, and it was still downgraded in some key areas from the Wii original. I really have my doubts that a faithful Minecraft port is viable.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This will be the superior version if the game pad is used properly, though it's definitely late. If it can be marketed properly showing off the controls and unique play style then it will sell hot cakes. Minecraft has a ridiculous push factor and the player base is always hungry for more.

Weng

So if this is indeed the Tantalus/Straight Right port the gamepad integration should be top notch. I hope they included a wii remote+ and nunchuk control option with perfect motion control. I can't wait to swing my wii remote like a maniac. Though that would interfere with IR aiming :( ...but if motion control is only activated while holding the b button... hmmm

-Horizon-

Lol I tweeted about this possibly happening yesterday lol

Including some of the reactions here

what happens if minecraft for wii u happens?

I expect gaf to say "wow, too little too late" and "who would even get it on wii u now"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wouldn't be shocked if this was indeed the mystery Tantalus game that has been lurking in the shadows all year.

Nintenleo

Amiibo support for this game, maybe to gain exclusive skins, well, it would be the end of my wallet. And I never played Minecraft.

Banjo in Smash would be a dream come true, but can you imagine if they allowed a Rare game to be ported to Wii U? Viva Pinata would be beautiful on the GamePad, remember all the rumors of a port on Wii? They were such teases of it being a possibility also. :(

Kameo would also finally be on a Nintendo console where it originated as one on GC.

Regardless, this is trippy as fuck, ESPECIALLY if MS put their logo front and center on the box, seeing as their name is on the rating and not Mohjang or anyone else.

sörine

Banned
The Xenoblade port required the n3DS hardware, and it was still downgraded in some key areas from the Wii original. I really have my doubts that a faithful Minecraft port is viable.
Based on what? A more capable CPU than Vita?

n3DS outclasses the Wii in pretty much every respect too. Xenoblade was rebuilt but that doesn't really mean much.

sörine;185122070 said:

n3DS outclasses the Wii in pretty much every respect too. Xenoblade was rebuilt but that doesn't really mean much.

But Xenoblade 3D looks worse with far lower-quality textures and such though.

Banned
Way too late. This could have helped sell Wii U's back in 2013. Better late than never now. Fully expect it to be shown during the direct.

entremet

Minecraft amiibo would be pretty huge. Would MS let them?

There's tons of other Minecraft toys.

But Nintendo is very frugal, so I wonder if they would take accept the licensing terms.

MS seems to be treating Minecraft differently from their more hardcore properties like Halo.

Welfare

MS going third party before Nintendo. What a time to be alive
/s

Game is super late coming to the Wii U, but still it's nice that it's coming.

OEM

This is amazing. Microsoft making right moves for the franchise. Nintendo could sure use some Minecraft support.

Guymelef

But Nintendo is very frugal, so I wonder if they would take accept the licensing terms.

MS seems to be treating Minecraft differently from their more hardcore properties like Halo.

You don't recover $2.5 Billion making something XB exclusive.

MechDX

I should go find that thread full of posters laughing when MS bought the Minecraft IP.

I have two young boys and new it was brilliant. They play that game on every format they can

Teemo

Banned
If 4j didn't develop the port, I wonder why? If Tantalus or someone else is developing this version, they need to include new mobs-hammer bros, bullet bill, lakitu, etc, as an incentive to pick up this version of the game. I really hope it's more than just the xb1/ps4 minecraft version with a few new nintendo themed skinpacks.

novablue

Banned
The merger soon to been known as "Mictendo" begins. I think MS is after that ninth gen money. I would love MS and Nintendo to come together and make an exclusive smash game for the NX and XB1. All the lovable Rare characters with Nintendo characters, I think it would be awesome.

Oersted

Well, Nintendo said again and again they want to do more licensing deals. And with Nintendo in Universal studios, Skylanders Amiibo and a friggin Adam Sandler movie, I see a possibility.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
sörine;185122070 said:

Thats literally not true as xenoblade 3D is the proof, anyone who has played the original xenoblade on wii can already tell where the game was downgraded

3 years too late.

SEPTEMBER 2015 NPD RESULTS
1.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) [Note: This is Madden's second month.]
3.) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
4.) FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
5.) Destiny: The Taken King (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
6.) Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
7.) Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
8.) Mad Max (PS4, Xbox One)
9.) NHL 16 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
10.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)

Yes, 3 years too late. You are correct.

Top Bottom