• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Fans Are Ripping The Halo World Championship For Its Shabby Venue

Compsiox

Banned
Halo 5 multiplayer doesn't hold a candle to any of the Halo trilogy games.

It even worst then Reach ZBNS.

The only games it beats (and barely) is default reach and Halo 4. Hardly any sort of accomplishment.

Oh please, they made changes that were innovative and worked well. Halo couldn't keep going with the same style of gameplay found in the trilogy. Halo 5 multiplayer is far better than you give it credit for.

I must be one of the few people who loved Halo 5. Didn't like the campaign but the multiplayer is pretty fun, especially Warzone, and the free DLC is nice

Markoman

giphy.gif

Omg

...but I'm dissapointed that no one has used the Forza crowd yet.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Oh please, they made changes that were innovative and worked well. Halo couldn't keep going with the same style of gameplay found in the trilogy. Halo 5 multiplayer is far better than you give it credit for.

Nu CoD ctrl + C ctrl + V.

such innovation...

Halos player base only started to colapse when the game went to shit with Halo Reach.

Halo Reach was bad, players stopped playing.

Halo 4 was significantly worse and even more players stopped playing.

Halo 5 isn't even Halo and now virtually no one plays.

jem0208

Nu CoD ctrl + C ctrl + V.

such innovation...

Halos player base only started to colapse when the game went to shit with Halo Reach.

Halo Reach was bad, players stopped playing.

Halo 4 was significantly worse and even more players stopped playing.

Halo 5 isn't even Halo and now virtually no one plays.

Joke e-Sports gets a joke venue. Sounds about right.

Ignorance abound in this thread it seems.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ignorance abound in this thread it seems.

I admit I haven't been following competitive Halo for a while.

But that's only because we've made a collective decision to stop covering it because no one gave a single fuck.

Brazil

No feelings hurt. Just wondering how important it would really be to the industry that your mag doesn't cover halo esports

I never said anything about a magazine.

Still, it's probably not important at all. Just like Halo as an eSport.

jem0208

No feelings hurt. Just wondering how important it would really be to the industry that your mag doesn't cover halo esports

When you've got ESPN covering it I don't think you really need random shit rags...

http://www.espn.co.uk/esports/story/_/id/18978409/halo-victory-x-had-everything-last-seven-years

I never said anything about a magazine.

Still, it's probably not important at all. Just like Halo as an eSport.

Why are you even posting here if it's so unimportant?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Honestly this was expected after seeing what Halo became.

It's like watching one of your favorite atheletes pass their prime. Urging them to retire on a high note but they keep going and doing more harm to their legacy.

Hopefully this doesn't take away from the gains being made in the esports arena. A black eye like this can cause a lot of negative PR that isn't easily overlooked.

Brazil

Didn't you play Halo for the first time in like 2014? Sit down bruh, lmao.

That MCC purchase still got you hurt

I actually managed to pick up (a heavily discounted) copy of Halo 5 and enjoyed it quite a bit afterwards :p

Can't say I got over the dumpste fire that was MCC, though, no.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember the pros of Halo in my state and the stuff their fan base use to say. From what I remember house LAN parties were what started it all in CE and H2. Then years later things like Evo got video footage and there were shows like Direct TV's World Cyber Games.

I'm not a HUGE competitive follower, but something like this is never gonna be a hit with the typical esports viewers IMO. From my experience on Twitch they're all very critical.

Be happy with what you get I guess. This sure wouldn't impress the society we have today, who are obsessed with sports.

The money always tends to be a large amount in these events, but it changes so often if you ask me. I know nothing about how these work. The last tournament I went to was in 2005 at a Church and it was Halo 2.

Who knows, anymore Halo doesn't really stand out. But that doesn't mean much. CS, Quake, CoD, and even Gears have a large tournament scene. It's just easy to miss if you aren't interested.

I would have not known this was even a thing had I not clicked the thread.

jem0208

His post wasn't great, but you're a bit too invested in this from the sound of it. Take a chill pill. You're acting like he insulted your mother.

I'm very chill, just been enjoying some great Halo actually.

I was just responding to ignorant shit posting in kind.

Honestly, it's always the same in gaming side Halo threads. Half the posts are from people who don't even play the games.

Top Bottom