• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Roto13

Elites cost 6 energy now!

EDIT: VEry first mission had an Ally Shifter. Daredevil hung around and fought alongside me and then I got a biometric for him.

rexor0717

Yeah, this will keep me around. There are so many ways to get bios now that it doesn't feel like a mistake to pick up a new character. Plus daily quests now give crystals if you do them all.

Roto13

Yeah, this will keep me around. There are so many ways to get bios now that it doesn't feel like a mistake to pick up a new character. Plus daily quests now give crystals if you do them all.

Every day or only once?

I just got both an Ally and Enemy Shifter in the same stage and got one biometric for each of them.

Bonus missions have their own tab. Thank god.

rexor0717

Every day or only once?

I just got both an Ally and Enemy Shifter in the same stage and got one biometric for each of them.

Bonus missions have their own tab. Thank god.

Every day you can get 25 crystals from completing the daily quests. This update is super nice to the players.

Drayco21

Bought a Guardians box, got Drax. Gambled, and lost. Not going to spend anymore crystals, I'm sure we'll see a team package at some point.

Shame there's no way to get Star-Lord except through the worst gametype.

rexor0717

Its interesting, the dimensional jumper assist characters give a reason to not use clear tickets. You could be missing on +1/+2 bios pretty consistently if you do.

I've done like 7 missions and dimensional shifters have given bios for Black Cat, Winter Soldier, Rocket, Modok, and Falcon.

This update is great.

Oh and the Rocket and Modok bios both came in 1 mission (a Spidey one) so you can get multiples!

Wooooow.
Awesome changes in this patch.

Elites now costing 6 energy is godly. Woot!

Loving the new UI changes. Seeing the Bio available on each mission at a glance is much nicer. Power/advantage tree in game is great as well.

Roto13

You can only do each Bonus mission once per day now.

How do you do more than 10 runs in the arena? It asks me to pay gems to recharge. Is that the only way?

rexor0717

You can only do each Bonus mission once per day now.

How do you do more than 10 runs in the arena? It asks me to pay gems to recharge. Is that the only way?

Yeah, I believe so.
So now you have to be decently far along in the game to even get the 5 bonus per day daily.

Them having so many ways of obtaining crystals actually makes me want to purchase them because I know they aren't being stingy.

Drayco21

Cool, daily achievement achievement glitched. Did all 7. Gem achievement stuck at 6/7.

I had done a couple dailies before the servers went down and they didn't count at all for this, so I wasn't able to get it today either. Seems a little janky.

rexor0717

Cool, daily achievement achievement glitched. Did all 7. Gem achievement stuck at 6/7.
I still never got that day 28 hero chest, lol. It just always on the check-in calendar, shining and laughing at me.
laugh.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What a great update. I was about to move on from this game (because of time constraints), but it's much improved.

Roto13

I can see an enemy shifter completely screwing me over at some point.

But so far, they've all been a nice bonus.

EDIT: I see Yondu is the Space Merle version.

commish

Got rocket, pretty fun and I needed another blaster. So far he doesn't have a "safe" special attack like some others do (e.g., Elektra's jumping attack), so he is a bit more exposed than I'd like. I only played with him a few times so we'll see.

Also, I'm getting SO MANY biometrics through the shifter feature, at least 1 or 2 per round. Great feature.

rexor0717

I'm really glad there is a set reset time, it was pretty annoying having all sorts of separate cooldowns. Also that flash sale feautre they added is really good. They have 60 hulkbuster bios up for sale, I kinda had to do it. I'm going to have to make sure I don't drain my wallet playing this game.
mozz_shopkeep.gif

So yeah, you should only use clear tickets on stagest that you know you can't successfully auto-play. You'd be giving up way to many shifter bios if you do.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've hit a wall at level 20. It feels like slow going now and I'm getting wrecked at stage 4-1. I guess I should replay stages / elite missions.

Roto13

I've hit a wall at level 20. It feels like slow going now and I'm getting wrecked at stage 4-1. I guess I should replay stages / elite missions.

At that point, you focus on getting materials for equipment upgrades, biometrics for ranking up, and norn stones for mastery. This game has a ton of ways to get stronger. Level is just one part of it.

WatTsu

At that point, you focus on getting materials for equipment upgrades, biometrics for ranking up, and norn stones for mastery. This game has a ton of ways to get stronger. Level is just one part of it.

It actually seems like the least important part.

commish

Every day you can get 25 crystals from completing the daily quests. This update is super nice to the players.

Yeah it's pretty sweet. And with 75 crystals a day from the $4 pack, that means I'm picking up 100 crystals a day. Nice.

Scored ol' Nebula from my Guardians chest last night, pretty happy with that.

Amazing how many Bios drop now. Come out of missions with 4 or 5 sometimes on the really lucky runs! This patch is sweet.

Unlocked Iron Fist now. Only one Bio off Ock and getting pretty close on Spidey and Venom now too, hyped to have them in my team(s).

I can see an enemy shifter completely screwing me over at some point.

But so far, they've all been a nice bonus.

Happened to me this morning - almost. A Bullseye shifter in Chapter 5-9, had all of my team under 1000 health at the end. Only just 3 starred it haha..

VexyWexy

Figures the day I finally hit 1,640 crystals saved up they remove those awesome team bio packs that cost 1,640 crystals....

Love the update though. Nebula is gonna steal Mockingbird's spot on my main team once I level her up more, she just looks too cool.

Figures the day I finally hit 1,640 crystals saved up they remove those awesome team bio packs that cost 1,640 crystals....

Love the update though. Nebula is gonna steal Mockingbird's spot on my main team once I level her up more, she just looks too cool.

Packs are one of the things that can appear on the 30 min deal so keep an eye out. Of course, you could also find individual packs for the characters you want.

Drayco21

0/3 Ultron, 0/3 Spider-Man, 0/3 Venom; starting to feel like the bio drop rate in elites has lowered significantly, and shifters are just a distraction from it. Hopefully it's just a bad day.

Edit: 0/3 Vision too.

commish

0/3 Ultron, 0/3 Spider-Man, 0/3 Venom; starting to feel like the bio drop rate in elites has lowered significantly, and shifters are just a distraction from it. Hopefully it's just a bad day.

Sometimes I'll get 5/3, other times 0/3. I think it's just random.

6/6 spiderman, 1/3 ultron, and 0/3 carter and elektra. Bastards

rexor0717

Yeah, this is super annoying but I've gotten to the point where I just accept that it happens sometimes and try not to get too mad (even though I'll still vent in this thread). I feel like the drop rate should be somewhere closer to 66% than the 33% it seems to be at.

Roto13

Here's something the rest of you might have figured out, but I didn't know about the special levels.

That little achievement meter at the bottom tracks your total clears, not each individual difficulty level like I thought, so you can fill the whole thing up even if you're not strong enough to clear every difficulty.

Once it's full, you can make the stage unlimited for 30 minutes. You still have to pay energy to play it, but it won't count against your 10 stage daily limit.

Come to me, Drax.

rexor0717

Here's something the rest of you might have figured out, but I didn't know about the special levels.

That little achievement meter at the bottom tracks your total clears, not each individual difficulty level like I thought, so you can fill the whole thing up even if you're not strong enough to clear every difficulty.

Once it's full, you can make the stage unlimited for 30 minutes. You still have to pay energy to play it, but it won't count against your 10 stage daily limit.

Come to me, Drax.

Yeah, these are pretty much grind stages. And you should take the unlimited runs asap because it doesn't count towards your existing limit. So if you do 5/10, get the unlimited run, use it, then once you're done you still have 5/10. Then you get another unlimited run. So you can grind out 20+ bios if you're lucky. I'm going hard on the MODOK one.
dac15_cool.gif

Roto13

Yeah, these are pretty much grind stages. And you should take the unlimited runs asap because it doesn't count towards your existing limit. So if you do 5/10, get the unlimited run, use it, then once you're done you still have 5/10. Then you get another unlimited run. So you can grind out 20+ bios if you're lucky. I'm going hard on the MODOK one.
dac15_cool.gif

One go was enough to get me Drax with a few biometrics to spare. Think I'll get Groot or something once my energy recharges a bit. Want to get all of the characters before I focus on grinding one up.

Finally got the Bio I needed for Vision to rank him up to level 2 haha..

Much better morning though; Vision 1/3, Spider-Man 2/3, Venom 3/3, MODOK 2/3 so far.

commish

Finally got the Bio I needed for Vision to rank him up to level 2 haha..

Much better morning though; Vision 1/3, Spider-Man 2/3, Venom 3/3, MODOK 2/3 so far.

Vision is the near the top of best characters. I have mine up to 4 stars (luck!) and he's just ridiculous. All his skills are super useful.

Vision is the near the top of best characters. I have mine up to 4 stars (luck!) and he's just ridiculous. All his skills are super useful.

Sweeeet.

I've been focusing on him lately (Hulkbuster, Hulk and Vision in my main team), but I've been super unlucky with Vision Bios so far.

Considering I've already got a heap of characters I'm not using to 2-star, long before Vision lol

After today; 19/20 Venom, 19/20 Spider-Man.. Soooo close. Almost ready to make my new third team.

Just had a normal mission mode where I got a Hulkbuster and Widow bio through shifters. Great addition to the game!

For real.
Also got a Hulkbuster Bio yesterday from a Shifter. Pretty nice to be able to get them from random missions now.

Just had this too:

Rocket, Kingpin with my Elektra run.

Game is getting crazy addictive with all the additions. Progession feels so much better than some of the other Marvel mobile games. Actually unlock characters in a relatively timely fashion in this one!

Roto13

Productive day. Drax, Groot, and Space Merle.

Also one biometric away from Nebula. Only managed to grab four of the five I needed when I made her unlimited for 30 minutes. After all those assemble points spent on energy, too.

Top Bottom