• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

dr_mario

So, I'm teaching logic this semester. It just began in Germany, so we are still at the beginning, talking about valid and sound arguments (e.g. "Every man is mortal. Socrates is a man. Therefore, Socrates is mortal). To spice up my teachings, I always use funny examples (e.g. "Every Kokiri has a fairy. Link is a Kokiri. etc.). Normally, people really do laugh. However, this time, nobody understood the following argument's joke:

Everyone who runs into a hospital, seeking and finding his wife, is lost
Tim runs into a hospital and seeks his wife
Therefore, Tim is lost.

Apparently, no one in this thread goes to my Logic class. Shame :(

pbsapeer

Banned
So, I'm teaching logic this semester. It just began in Germany, so we are still at the beginning, talking about valid and sound arguments (e.g. "Every man is mortal. Socrates is a man. Therefore, Socrates is mortal). To spice up my teachings, I always use funny examples (e.g. "Every Kokiri has a fairy. Link is a Kokiri. etc.). Normally, people really do laugh. However, this time, nobody understood the following argument's joke:

Therefore, Tim is lost.

IS THIS CAD

1upsuper

Therefore, Tim is lost.

Their Loss.

Theecliff

Banned
9aJENwl.gif
c.gif

Melchiah

wylpEQl.jpg

I loled at the so specific reason for Pink Floyd hahaha.

Also, I'm so curious to know what would be the comment for Melchiah's band :D

"The myth of Soviet military danger" in relation to Talking Heads is pretty funny as well.

To my understanding, anti-religious bands may have issues when they play in Russia. The singer of Belphegor was spat on by a religious fanatic a while ago, when they arrived at an airport in Saint Petersburg. A few years ago, a couple of Finnish bands also had a violent confrontation with neo-nazis in Poland. It's safe to say, that I have no desire to play in places, where neo-fascism and intolerance rears its ugly head in such a manner.

PixelPeZ

"The myth of Soviet military danger" in relation to Talking Heads is pretty funny as well.

To my understanding, anti-religious bands may have issues when they play in Russia. The singer of Belphegor was spat on by a religious fanatic a while ago, when they arrived at an airport in Saint Petersburg. A few years ago, a couple of Finnish bands also had a violent confrontation with neo-nazis in Poland. It's safe to say, that I have no desire to play in places, where neo-fascism and intolerance rears its ugly head in such a manner.

Wasn't Behemoth detained and their tour cancelled in Russia a few years back?

That list was basically a checklist for all former Soviet countries back in the day, and all bands had to apply for a licence to play live and had to perform their set in front of a committee to ensure that their music was ideologically correct. Pretty crazy to think about now.

Anyways.
22500088_322200931586866_3102654327039197184_n.jpg

Melchiah

Wasn't Behemoth detained and their tour cancelled in Russia a few years back?

That list was basically a checklist for all former Soviet countries back in the day, and all bands had to apply for a licence to play live and had to perform their set in front of a committee to ensure that their music was ideologically correct. Pretty crazy to think about now.

Yeah, and both Behemoth and Gorgoroth got prosecuted In Poland for their shows.

It's pretty crazy to think about how nationalism and neo-fascism were banned topics, considering the current climate over there.

SRQBlE6.jpg

Top Bottom