• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

DMczaf

o81aUdq.gif

What's sad about this GIF is that WM30 is the last good WM.

We need an edit where he's shaking his head at WM31-33

Pretty much.

Rollins/HHH was a snoozer
Orton/Wyatt was just stupid
Mixed tag was bad, wrong person won
The SD Womens match was obviously rushed
Roman/Taker was meh.

Reigns/Taker is one of the worst WrestleMania main events of all time.

https://youtu.be/-WS0aSwrkAQ

That awkward moment when Ellen's Show features a picture of Chris Benoit as Pegasus Kid

Guarantee you whoever wrote that knew it was Benoit too... Fucked up

In the "Death of WWE" DVD that will release in 2022, they will look back at Jinder becoming WWE champion as a fucking joke, a turning point where viewers started to tune out, ratings dropped dramatically, and everyone laughs about it.
The modern era's Arquette

Hasney

So is WWE not actively pursuing the Broken gimmick?

According to the Observer, current obstacle in the Broken gimmick talks between the WWE and Impact Wrestling is Impact refusing to sell the gimmick to the WWE.

Impact is only willing to license the gimmick to the WWE (and others) and are still demanding royalties. WWE wants all or nothing which is why talks recently stopped. Only way WWE might be interested again is if Matt Hardy wins the legal case against Impact/Anthem and then sells the gimmick to the WWE.

Stardom has announced that Kairi Hojo's final date will be June 4th.

I wonder if WWE holds off mentioning her until the tournament (like it seems they're doing with Evie and Nixon Newell) or announce the signing beforehand after her final date. Anything been said about Io and whether she's going to make it to the tournament?

ReiGun

Im pretty sure it kind of just happened. He also has 0 personality this run. Like, if someone asked me to describe his personality I wouldnt know what to say.
Seth is the prototypical "dude who wrestles" character. His "personality" is just a bunch of buzzwords, some of which don't even fit what he does on screen. How are you "The Architect" when people are costantly outsmarting you?

According to the Observer, current obstacle in the Broken gimmick talks between the WWE and Impact Wrestling is Impact refusing to sell the gimmick to the WWE.

Impact is only willing to license the gimmick to the WWE (and others) and are still demanding royalties. WWE wants all or nothing which is why talks recently stopped. Only way WWE might be interested again is if Matt Hardy wins the legal case against Impact/Anthem and then sells the gimmick to the WWE.

Actually that's not it. We don't know what Anthem is willing to do, because WWE is only barely broaching the subject. They are waiting until the Matt/Anthem stuff is resolved before they make any actual attempt to buy the IP.

I wonder if WWE holds off mentioning her until the tournament (like it seems they're doing with Evie and Nixon Newell) or announce the signing beforehand after her final date. Anything been said about Io and whether she's going to make it to the tournament?

She'll be in it. 100%.

Kaladin

I didn't realize there was a new thread.

WWE was nice enough to give me a birthday present this year. The June 13th Smackdown with all the Backlash rematches falls on my birthday. I'm turning 36!

Also, one of my favorite authors (Neal Stephenson) has a book out that day, and the weekend before I'm going to see one of my favorite country singers in Atlanta. Also that same weekend, I'm hitting up a sushi buffet in ATL that looks amazing.

It's going to be a good one.

Top Bottom