• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

That trailer sold me like crazy. I love the whole vibe, and there was some unexpected and funny moments in there. I just really like Tom's portrayal.

I dont get the homecoming hate

WE have done several generations of isolated solo films

Let MCU take a swing at the bat and give it a fair shake jesus

A fair shake means judging what we've seen, which (in my opinion) isn't very compelling. Seems really safe narratively.

I will agree it feels safe and simple but thats not exactly a bad thing if the dialogue and characters are entertaining and fun

I definitely like the villian but they are showing waaaayy too much of the movie in all these previews

SpaceWolf

Banned
8MaCz1a.jpg

jph139

Spider-Man looks like an Ant-Man or Doctor Strange level movie to me... a fun watch but not something really interesting or fresh enough to see twice.

I mean, haven't seen third trailer yet, but from impressions I sort of doubt it'll be changing my expectations.

BLACKLAC

Pretty obvious what they are setting up with all the tech, and it's genius. They basically get to have their cake and eat it too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
At least Tony will deactivate the Beginnersprogramm in the suit in the end of the movie.
Then in Infinity War, the Venom-Symbiot is gonna eat Tonys Suit
Tony dies.
We will have the black Costume for one movie
Then Sony pulls out of the MCU.

Pretty obvious what they are setting up with all the tech, and it's genius. They basically get to have their cake and eat it too.

Exactly. Going overboard on the techy gimmicks is absolutely something Tony would do, and something Peter will think is super cool at first. And we see that he has to go through the trial of proving himself as Spider-Man without the suit - at which point he realizes he doesn't need them, and he doesn't need Stark breathing down his neck.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Exactly. Going overboard on the techy gimmicks is absolutely something Tony would do, and something Peter will think is super cool at first. And we see that he has to go through the trial of proving himself as Spider-Man without the suit - at which point he realizes he doesn't need them, and he doesn't need Stark breathing down his neck.

That, or his entire story arc is going to culminate in proving he's "worthy enough" to wear the suit and thus truly earn the name of Spiderman.

I don't know guys, I think this film could go either way.

The Kree

Banned
Spider-Man having gadgets made by someone else is a silly detail to get hung up on. It's just as ridiculous as people who got upset that his webshooters were organic in the Raimi movies. It's not the end all be all of anything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Spider-Man having gadgets made by someone else is a silly detail to get hung up on. It's just as ridiculous as people who got upset that his webshooters were organic in the Raimi movies. It's not the end all be all of anything.

Yeah, if he would get them from Stark and thats it I would agree. But there is a SpiderBot. a SpiderOS who can talk. A SpiderParachute (why not webbing one?), most likely SpiderToiletpaper falling out of the suit.

I mean, I don't like it. I'd rather Peter make his own shit, but it does look like it's leading to that anyway.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I mean, I don't like it. I'd rather Peter make his own shit, but it does look like it's leading to that anyway.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it all plays into Peter's journey in the movie. Also, dude is picking apart Stark tech and he's in high school. It's not like they're completely dumping his technical and scientific aptitude.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it all plays into Peter's journey in the movie. Also, dude is picking apart Stark tech and he's in high school. It's not like they're completely dumping his technical and scientific aptitude.

Early on it looked like he was just going to be handed his stuff from Unkka Tony. But I like in today's trailer how Peter was actually using his technological know-how to hack the suit.

I do wonder if Homecoming will get a third Spidey suit that he made himself with some tech in it.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, if he would get them from Stark and thats it I would agree. But there is a SpiderBot. a SpiderOS who can talk. A SpiderParachute (why not webbing one?), most likely SpiderToiletpaper falling out of the suit.

To me, those seem to highlight the ridiculous levels in how Tony makes it "easy" for Peter to do his thing early in the trailer, getting him hooked with all the tech. Like watching scenes of a junkie's high and how it eventually leads to crashing hard.

In the second trailer, Peter tells Tony that he's nothing without the suit, and Tony fires back saying he shouldn't have it at all. Not only mirroring Tony's situation with the Iron Man armour leading to his revelation that he's more than just the armour by the end of Iron Man 3, but also something of a wake up call for Peter to hopefully figure out that same lesson.

Seems like it goes: Washington monument fight > hotel room "you ARE a kid"/training wheels protocol discovery > ferry scene where they disable the training wheels leading to a dangerous fight with Vulture almost ripping the ship apart > Tony takes the suit back > Peter goes back to his DIY suit.

I think that the end of Homecoming will feature Peter making his own Spidey suit that'll mimic the next big costume evolution that the comic Spidey had.

That trailer was funny but something still feels off about it. I'm expecting this to be the lowest scoring marvel film this year.

The thor series is underwhelming but Taika the gawd gonna deliver.

DP, but How are the Russo Brothers going to make thanos a great villain like they said and have time for that and the rest of the avenger characters +Guardians+ Strange+ Captain Marvel? Getting some Age of Ultron bloat signs here. If everyone has a 'moment' like Civil War then the film is gonna be disjointed as hell.

DP, but How are the Russo Brothers going to make thanos a great villain like they said and have time for that and the rest of the avenger characters +Guardians+ Strange+ Captain Marvel? Getting some Age of Ultron bloat signs here. If everyone has a 'moment' like Civil War then the film is gonna be disjointed as hell.

Civil war was executed great considering it was basically the same idea

they were considerate of the challenges then with the giant cast so Im sure they are even more keen on nailing this as well

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Two three hour films.

El Topo

I strongly doubt Carol is in the movie much, if at all.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Marvel Props At Disneyland Tease Some MAJOR New Additions To The MCU

Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout is launching at Disneyland's resort in California and IGN has spotted some props on display which appear to tease big changes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. When you line up for the ride, you're led to believe that you're viewing some of The Collector's collection and among the props on display are an Ultron drone and Nova Corps uniform.

However, there are some which are even more noteworthy. First up is an "Asgardian War Hammer" which is the spitting image of the one belonging to Beta Ray Bill. The description says it "Originated in the dwarves forge on Nidavellir, this finely crafted object is made of the powerful stone, Uru." That confirms that it's Stormbreaker, the weapon which has been wielded by the fan-favourite hero.

Next up are some "Mysterious Artifacts" which "were found at the bottom of the Terran ocean. Very little is known of the civilization the created them." That's a pretty obvious nod to Namor, the Sub-Mariner and his home of Atlantis. Could it be that these two will show up in Avengers: Infinity War?

Having Namor show up in the MCU sometime soon would be ace.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
If anything Namor related is appearing in a Disney theme park instead of a Universal one, this is actually pretty good news.

jph139

I feel like the Namor situation is similar to the Hulk where they can use him in movies but would need to negotiate to headline with him.

So, Wakanda/Atlantis War, please.

And the Illuminati.

Fhtagn

I hope Beta Ray Bill debuts in Ragnarok in a small enough role that he's not in any of the trailers and I can be surprised on opening night. Hope it's not just that Thor uses Stormbreaker as a Mjolnir replacement.

And Namor interacting with Black Panther is something I want to see...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fantasic Four confirmed, guys!

Is Hulk stuff also there? Because the rights are shared, too. Thats why we dont get Solomovies with Hulk.

Edit: Are there any male asian actors for Black Panther confirmed?

Top Bottom