• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiffyG

I love this song. Stay Away is good too, in a power-ballady way. I know she has some fans in this thread; does anyone know anything about a future album?
fqMOv.png
So is I'll Never Know. I love the 'island' sound. I've been keeping tabs on Charli since a few months back and still no news on an album. But one thing is for certain, it will be fucking dark pop gold!

I keep trying to get into iamamiwhoami but I just....I can't. Don't really know why :/

Some of her stuff is really hard to get into. Some is easier to like. O and John are amazing. And I'm giving you direct links to the songs so you won't have to sit through the long ass videos. They are visually appealing, but I find it easier to like her music without the videos. You can go back and watch the videos later if you really want.

Btw, I'm now highly anticipating the Marina And the Diamonds album.

I've listened to:

- Primadonna
- Homewrecker
- Lies
- Starring Role
- Radioactive

And I like them all. One more than the other, but still. I'm hyped.
July bitches! I have some other songs in my arsenal if you'd like me to share. :p

Marina has a knack for taking vapid pop songs and creating depth and adding raw emotion. The latest Marina-fied song is none other than "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber. She changes the lyrics, and crafts a great pop song from that abomination of a song.

>> Marina covering "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Diplo reworked his "Climax" track with Usher for a somewhat more energetic version; there's another mix with Flosstradamus that I don't like as much.

Anyway, so everyone should listen to all of Stuart Price's remixes. Coldplay without its usual drowsiness? Don't mind if I do.

Yep, have felt for several years that this is one of the most effective remixes around. This is the sound of a producer hitting all the right buttons, and even at 8+ minutes, it never wears out its welcome for even a second.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, the production is pretty good on that one, but I don't think Flowers' vocals fit very well.

It's been at least a few years since Price/Lu Cont has managed to do a remix that really did much for me; Fred Falke still has the bouncy-bassy-feel-good remix game on lockdown.

Mau ®

You hoz ready for the slayage that's about to happen. The Where Have You Been video drops tomorrow. I'm afraid your fave's summer of misery is about to begin.

tumblr_lhlsflZ0oh1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Mumei

I first listened to Primadonna and Homewrecker first. I grew tired of them quickly, but they're both nice songs.

Then I discovered Lies and Starring Role. Both are great songs that I still listen to regularly.

*I actually prefer a youtube rip from this song that has a slightly hightened pitch. Since Marina has a pretty heavy voice, a higher pitch doesn't make her sound like a chipmunk. I like it that way.

That up-pitched version is pretty cool, though I prefer the studio over it.

Nemesis_

You hoz ready for the slayage that's about to happen. The Where Have You Been video drops tomorrow. I'm afraid your fave's summer of misery is about to begin.

I hate that song. So awful, and why is she sampling or at least using composition from the 50s? Maybe it's just because the song itself (or at least, the song it "samples") has so many bad connotations here in Australia for me.

MARIUS, LOOK SIS

577502_10150836669439574_10376464573_9246448_1582590164_n.jpg

Nemesis_

Pretty disappointed to hear FOHL will be getting time on the tour. But I suppose it has strong personal meaning to her so it makes sense.

GH.

I just can't.

How am I going to wait TWO MONTHS. ;_;

Nemesis_

Really?

It sounds like a bit of a revamp/remix so I suppose that will make it a bit better. I am pretty sure Black Jesus will also make the cut since she's mentioned it so many fucking times before. If The Queen makes the cut then heads will roll.

It just occured to me though that we won't hear all The Fame Monster songs and most definitely not many of The Fame songs. welp

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Really?

It sounds like a bit of a revamp/remix so I suppose that will make it a bit better. I am pretty sure Black Jesus will also make the cut since she's mentioned it so many fucking times before. If The Queen makes the cut then heads will roll.

It just occured to me though that we won't hear all The Fame Monster songs and most definitely not many of The Fame songs. welp

she 'said' she was going to perform all of the songs from BTW

The Queen will specially be performed since it goes with the theme of Born This Way

Nemesis_

she 'said' she was going to perform all of the songs from BTW

Really? Wow. If that's true then, well, here's what I would like to hear from the others though I am dreaming.

THE FAME:
  • Just Dance
  • LoveGame
  • Poker Face
  • Paparazzi
  • Money Honey
  • Paper Gangsta

THE FAME MONSTER:
  • Bad Romance
  • Alejandro
  • Dance In The Dark
  • Telephone
  • So Happy I Could Die
  • Monster

I'd also like ONE unreleased song (like Glitter and Grease or Future Love) and ONE upcoming single from the new album. DO IT GAGA, THESE ARE MY DEMANDS

As in "yessss im gonna go cray cray over how good it is!!"

or

"imma cut a bitch for this travesty".

My opinion of The Queen falls in the latter category.

The latter too.

:)

At university, my GIF library is unreachable. Depressing

How many songs will she being singing? My ideal setlist would be:

Marry the Night
Just Dance
LoveGame
Poker Face
Paparazzi
Alejandro
Telephone
Monster
Dance in the Dark
Bad Romance
Speechless
Hair
Teeth
Judas
Bloody Mary
Government Hooker
Scheisse
Electric Chapel
So Happy I Could Die
Heavy Metal Lover
You and I
The Edge of Glory
Born This Way

Flawless, am I right or am I right

Nemesis_

How many songs will she being singing? My ideal setlist would be:

Marry the Night
Just Dance
LoveGame
Poker Face
Paparazzi
Alejandro
Telephone
Monster
Dance in the Dark
Bad Romance
Speechless
Hair
Teeth
Judas
Bloody Mary
Government Hooker
Scheisse
Electric Chapel
So Happy I Could Die
Heavy Metal Lover
You and I
The Edge of Glory
Born This Way

Flawless, am I right or am I right

I could do without Speechless or Hair. Speechless is so unnecessary if we're getting You and I. Hair is just awful. I hate Edge of Glory but it's a single so I am not going to be able to avoid it ever.

But otherwise, an impressive setlist. :)

I argue with myself every day as to whether or not Marry The Night would be a perfect opener or closer.

Fuck I cannot wait to hear Judas live.

Nemesis_

Out of Control I'll give you. That shit is amazing.

Earthquake, I've never heard of =/

Nothing on but the Radio I've never heard of either - do you mean Living On The Radio? Because that's also pretty terrible.

Reloaded I could get behind. But it's too FAMEy for my liking. I prefer the whole MONSTER period to the FAME period.

FOHL is the absolute worst track on Born This Way her discography.
I also don't like Hair, Black Jesus, and bad kids.

We agree! <3

Apparently Bad Kids has extra lyrics that are in the booklet but not on the album versions - they're exclusively sung at the tour =/

Nemesis_

....flop stan
ihu3aJiBdIcNb.gif

Nothing On But The Radio couldn't find one with better quality, the one I used got deleted (I wonder why.. )
Earthquake see if you recognize something

I'm so embarrassed. I have heard these!

I totally agree with you on Nothing On But The Radio. Great song, seems like it would sound so great live. I don't think we'll hear it though =(

Earthquake is like a much more tolerable Fashion Of His Love for me. Wait, this has elements of FOHL doesn't it? This reminds me of that song that people were circulating called "Then You'd Love Me" but I think this is actually the same song. >_>

THESE SONGS NEED TO HAPPEN

EDIT: LOL JUST READ THE COMMENTS

This song&#65279; fits perfectlly to the hunger games movie

GUNRVKHNH 3 weeks ago

She didn't release this song in respect to the earthquake in Japan. So she edited so some&#65279; part could be released, which is the bridge to Fashion Of His Love.

hotcar617 3 weeks ago

So LOL

The only unreleased song I really really enjoy that's "slow" is Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes)

Bladenic

Best Lady Gaga songs IMO - Just Dance, Poker Face, Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, like all of Fame Monster but especially MONSTER, and I don't like anything from Born this Way THAT much. Also I must be like the only person that really likes Eh Eh.

Mumei

Best Lady Gaga songs IMO - Just Dance, Poker Face, Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, like all of Fame Monster but especially MONSTER, and I don't like anything from Born this Way THAT much. Also I must be like the only person that really likes Eh Eh.

I liked it three years ago. Does that count?

Nemesis_

I think it was only a single in select markets too, kind of like how Dance In The Dark was a single here in Australia following Alejandro, but nowhere else =/

Bladenic

I think it was only a single in select markets too, kind of like how Dance In The Dark was a single here in Australia following Alejandro, but nowhere else =/

Both Dance in the Dark and Monster should have been singles. Monster would have seriously slayed everything and everyone's faves.

Nemesis_

Now that I have looked up Jesse Jane to know who she was (and I see I dodged a bullet going straight to Wikipedia)... I'm not really seeing the resemblance.

I did not think of that, and I am at university. Google Image search will be the death of me and my masters.

royalan

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
WARNING: HOT SHIT AHEAD
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

So, it's funny that I recently mentioned Sam Sparro and the pathetic state of male pop these days, because little did I know that he had a video for a new single (his first since 2010) prepped to drop this week.

"I Wish I Never Met You" is Sam Sparro's latest single, and after a few listens I can honestly say it's one of my favorite tracks released this year.

YrEXy.jpg

Deceptively deep and soulful tone paired with some Robyn/Body Talk-esque production? Catchy lyrics sprinkled with some pretty ridiculous moments ("You had me feeling like a crackhead/I squeeze you out like a blackhead"). Oh, Glambert, where did your wig go?

I think I'm full-on stanning for this man now.

Unapologetically gay.

Unapologetically religious.

Unapologetically makes good music.

And doesn't look like he smells like a bathhouse like Jake Shears.

Oh, and looks like this:

mn7gF.jpg

Things are looking up for men's pop.

Kyon

Banned
he used to be hot, not so much now imo (i think its the stache)

plus he's not really pop.

Roy you scrounging for scraps sis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom