• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

tqsPPXJ.png
wwskvLg.png

Tales of Berseria
- texhnolyze
Set in the same world as Zestiria, Tales of Berseria is actually some kind of the prequel of it as they share the same world but occur at different times. But don't let it bring down your enthusiasm for Berseria, as the game doesn't share everything that made Zestiria a bad/mediocre game. It's the best Tales of games since Vesperia which was released in the West 8 years ago. That's according to the importers though.

The Legend of Dark Witch 2
- Tizoc
Sequel to the Megaman-like cute'em-up that originally released on the Nintendo 3DS. The sequel keeps and improves on its upgrade system that is inspired by Konami's Gradius series.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard
- MRORANGE
After the disaster that was RE6, Capcom has decided to take the franchise into a new promising direction and concept for the franchise., I am quite optimist that the game will return to its survival horror roots compared to the last few games that were released. Set in rural America we are thrust ed into a realm of a depraved murdering family, avoiding detection and finding clues as we go along to escape this texas chainsaw madhouse.

JO5lT6X.png
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
kAP4dOi.png
N0i3Rmf.png

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

gKSOZss.png

Voting is happening in this thread for the fourth annual NeoGAF Steam GOTY Awards. Voting is simple, just follow these steps:
  • Choose your top 5 favorite games that released on Steam in 2016. See below for official eligibility
  • Award your favorite game (#1 choice) 5 points, your next (#2 choice) 4 points, and so on.
  • (Optional) write a few sentances explaining why you think your top choice deserves to win
  • (Optional) decide on your three entries for the DLC of the Year award and Early Access GOTY award (see below)
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.
  • PM everything to jshackles
Here is a sample entry you can copy/paste into your PM:
GOTY:
(5 Points) - Game 1
(4 Points) - Game 2
(3 Points) - Game 3
(2 Points) - Game 4
(1 Point) - Game 5

I think Game 1 should win GOTY because...

DLC:
(3 Points) - DLC 1
(2 Points) - DLC 2
(1 Point) - DLC 3

I think DLC 1 should win DLC of the Year because...

EA:
(3 Points) - EA Game 1
(2 Points) - EA Game 2
(1 Point) - EA Game 3

I think EA Game 1 should win Early Access GOTY because...
Voting will close on January 16th at 4:00PM PST
t1484611200z4.png

Here is the selection criteria for each category. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.

Bou5dkj.png

This award will be given to the best game released on Steam in 2016 as chosen by our community.

• Game must have have been fully released on Steam in 2016. Early Access games and DLC are not eligible in this category.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster or Ty the Tasmanian Tiger are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Skyrim Special Edition and Bioshock Remastered are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2016. For example, The Walking Dead: New Frontier is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2016. However, King's Quest is eligible even though it came out in 2015 because it's final episode was released in 2016.

Ubr5rRZ.png

We are also soliciting optional nominations for our new category: "DLC of the Year". This award will be given to the best piece of DLC as chosen by our community.

• The DLC must have been released on Steam in 2016. It can be for any Steam game regardless of the year the game was released. It must have it's own store page on Steam.
  • Individual episodes of episodic games are not eligible. For example, individual episodes of Hitman are not eligible.
  • DLC for Free to Play games, such as Fishing Planet - Monster Night Pack are eligible.

OZdPEKq.png

This year we are recognizing outstanding Early Access games by soliciting optional nominations for "Early Access Game of the Year" with the following criteria:

• The game must have been released on Steam Early Access in 2016. If the game left Early Access before the end of 2016, it is not eligible in this category.
  • As this is the first year we're doing this award, all current Early Access games released before 2017 are eligible as long as they had at least one content update in 2016.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Monooboe

Aaah feels good to be "home" again.:D

This sale was very mellow for me, I bought ONE game, got one gift and some from giveaways here. But I have taken the 52 challange to time to play all those games from past sales now.

Knurek

Any notable gaming related Twitter accounts to follow?
I already have Lashman and ZhugeEX, so I should be good to go, right?

Tizoc

Right so so far I've dropped 2 games after playing them for some time.

Her Story
I got bored having to watch the vids and search for specific vids.

I get WHY people praised it but I really got bored @_@

Ares Extinction Agenda EX
I quit because it doesn't load or let you continue playing a stage from a checkpoint.
Instead you gotta replay a stage from the beginning =_=
It has some nice ideas but the overall execution of some of the elements falls very short. Doesn't help that movement is done with the Analog stick and you can't by default set movement to the d-pad =_=

Current gaming plans-
Ass Creed Rogue
I have no mouth and I must scream
Akiba' sTrip

masterkajo

Back for the new year. Maybe I will have more time this year and actually complete some games... well who am I kidding?

Zeeman

I'm eyeing GAMEPUMP, but I'm worried the games won't be so interesting. Do we have any indication of what any of the games might be?

To make up forgetting to post in the Winter Sale thread.

Some stuff I got and played during the sale was pretty good.

Brigador - Received as a gift. Has a look and a sound to it that just kinda fits what it is going for. Tough as nails isometric shooter at times but, pretty fun. Might be on my GOTY list or something.

Dust: An Elysian Tale - Received as a gift. A really really good "Metroidvania" that has this amazing hand drawn artstyle but, kinda gets shit for having anthropramorphic animals as the characters in it. I dunno I grew up with plenty of shit like that with platformers as a kid so it doesn't bug me I suppose. Either way that was a lot of fun. Wish the game didn't crash after the ending cutscene though for me lol.

Rot Gut - Bought like 30 minutes before the sale ended. A short but fun little action platformer. You play as a detective trying to solve this murder (although you just murder everyone yourself) that's pretty easy. Took me about 30 minutes to complete not bad for $1.69.

Free to play wise I tried Art of War: Red Tides, still in early access but the core gameplay is for sure lie, I was told it was an RTS but it's really a tower defense game with whoever produces more units the fastest wins as they move on their own to what they are supposed to kill. I think it's a mobile game port though not sure but clearly that platform is in mind.

There was also Brief Karate Foolish which is supposed to be a weird ass mugen game in vain of Dong Dong Never Dies but the game barely works and to get it into windowed mode you have to change properties on an .exe to run at 16 bit color and it did weird shit with my taskbar on windows...yeah I just stopped trying after awhile and uninstalled it.

Otherwise I am still playing Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator and Shadowverse daily.

What has everyone else been playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom