• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Vire

My best guess was that they are having difficulty optimizing the Xbox One version and that the PS4 was in near complete state so they decided to show that version instead.

Which is kinda worrying considering we are less than a month from when the game is supposed to come out. But it wouldn't surprise me if both end up being 1080p 60 FPS, this game isn't doing exactly anything special.

dreamfall

It certainly does seem a bit strange.

I figured if Xbox One got the map pack/content exclusivity, why wouldn't they show it there?

But we're probably all reading too much into it.

Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

LVV2w7E.png

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/inside-call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode

(note: the first video in the IGN link is the XB1 marketing video, the rest are PS4 vids).

Scott Lowe, huh?

Has he been able to verify whether or not this is genuine PS4 footage, or footage that came from a "PC Devkit"?

Krakn3Dfx

I would think you would show the version of your game that looks and runs the best.

Forbes article from June of this year said a developer mentioned that games like Ghosts would look noticeably different:

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

Link

All signs continuously point to yes it seems.

Iacobellis

I would think you would show the version of your game that looks and runs the best.

Forbes article from June of this year said a developer mentioned that games like Ghosts would look noticeably different:

Link

All signs continuously point to yes it seems.

Microsoft's first time with a considerably weaker console... This generation is going to be a long one for them.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The person posting that said that they heard it from someone, but that poster is a reputable developer who has been on GAF for awhile.

Yeah I just followed back to the post and apparently he's one of the Skullgirls devs.

Wow, that info is really harrowing. I want both systems to be great, if the XONE is performing that much worse, yeesh.

I guess the OP & 90% of the people in this thread forgot about Black Ops 2 footage being shown for the Wii U in September 2012 a full 2 months before release?

That's interesting. Back when Botchdogs and AC4 were only being shown on PS4 there could almost have been something in the idea that it wasn't anything to do with Xbone problems but more to do with Ubi's co-marketing push with Sony, but CoD? The franchise Microsoft themselves often say is most closely associated with Xbox? Showing on Playstation before Xbox?

That's borderline unthinkable.

Thats what he wants you to think!

Your bit is getting old.

That's interesting. Back when Botchdogs and AC4 were only being shown on PS4 there could almost have been something in the idea that it wasn't anything to do with Xbone problems but more to do with Ubi's co-marketing push with Sony, but CoD? The franchise Microsoft themselves often say is most closely associated with Xbox? Showing on Playstation before Xbox?

That's borderline unthinkable.

Your bit is getting old.
Good

Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

LVV2w7E.png

Normally since the Activision/MS partnership all marketing footage up to and after a COD release has been shown on the Xbox (PS3 preview builds were still shown to the media, but not in direct feed marketing vids).

Very strange. Here's the videos so far which shows AWESOME PS4 COD:G MENU FOOTAGE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/inside-call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode

(note: the first video in the IGN link is the XB1 marketing video, the rest are PS4 vids).

Dat PS4 Lead platform

VQLGJOL.gif

How do you know Infinity Ward chose it? Maybe IGN chose it. (knowing it would generate more hits)

Lets not kid ourselves. Outlets can't demand a particular build over another. They work with what they get. The PS4 version is probably just a little bit further along then the XB1 version and Infinity Ward wants to put their best foot forward for next gen.

Vire

Lets not kid ourselves. Outlets can't demand a particular build over another. They work with what they get. The PS4 version is probably just a little bit further along then the XB1 version and Infinity Ward wants to put their best foot forward for next gen.

Yeah, but apparently the disc is already printed for XB1 and has gone gold.

So who knows.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've played the ps4 version at eurogamer expo and it is MUCH than the Xbox one version. You will say wow!

PaNaMa

Banned
I sat through the same Duracell commercial I've been sitting through for 6 months, just to watch IGN show their 1080p PS4 footage ... of a menu.

Like, honest to Jebus (save me Jebus!) why are you trolling out 5 minute videos of the damn game menu? The f%$^ing MENU. Honestly? Really?

The headline doesn't promise footage of ghost squad mode, but it implies it.
Weak, IGN. I don't know if you got $0.001 cents for my click or what, but if anyone from Duracell is reading: I'm boycotting your batteries in favour of Energizer, all because of IGN.

So there =\

Kiant

Since he lists out that it's the PS4 at 1080p, is that a hint that maybe the Xbone version isn't 1080p? Otherwise why wouldn't they use the Xbone version?

If the Xbone can't hit 1080p on CoD Ghosts, I would be very surprised. The graphics are nothing to shout about.

Top Bottom