• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

EA gave us Dead Space 2, right? Then those guys

Let's go with cancer. I have yet to see a "Hey, think about cancer's feelings, you guys" post.

Or how about the opposite, an attack force! Is there a Lion King attack force out there? Who hates the Lion King!?

Or fried chicken! IDK how this got started as a "black" thing, but that shit is godlike and enjoyed by people of all colors, creeds, religions, sexualities, etc.

Onemic

EA gave us Dead Space 2, right? Then those guys

Let's go with cancer. I have yet to see a "Hey, think about cancer's feelings, you guys" post.

Or how about the opposite, an attack force! Is there a Lion King attack force out there? Who hates the Lion King!?

Or fried chicken! IDK how this got started as a "black" thing, but that shit is godlike and enjoyed by people of all colors, creeds, religions, sexualities, etc.

No, only black people.

"Just cuz I eat chicken and watermelon they think that something’s wrong with me. Let me tell you somethin' if you don’t like chicken and watermelon, something is wrong with you, there is something wrong with you! Where are all these people who don't like chicken and watermelon? I'm sick of hearing about how bad it is, it's great! I'm waiting for chicken to approach me to do a commercial n***a, I'll do it for free, chicken! It's the least I can do."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"All these years I thought I liked chicken because it was delicious. Turns out I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken."

"Just cuz I eat chicken and watermelon they think that something’s wrong with me. Let me tell you somethin' if you don’t like chicken and watermelon, something is wrong with you, there is something wrong with you! Where are all these people who don't like chicken and watermelon? I'm sick of hearing about how bad it is, it's great! I'm waiting for chicken to approach me to do a commercial n***a, I'll do it for free, chicken! It's the least I can do."

Interestingly enough, I hate watermelon. So it was funny when I went over to a friend's house for a project - I was the only black guy there, and his mom served watermelon. I was the only one who didn't eat it. Mindfuck for everyone

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i like watermelon, but it doesnt come close to my favorites. other melons are straight up gross though.

Onemic

Yup, never liked watermelon. Whenever I tell someone that they always give me, "but you're black, you're supposed to love watermelon!" I do agree it is the best melon though as the other melons all taste terrible.

Chicken is a different story. Anyone that doesn't like it in all its variants are beyond hope.

zero_suit

Yup never liked watermelon. Whenever I tell someone that they always give me, "but you're black, you're supposed to love watermelon!"

Chicken is a different story. Anyone that doesn't like it in all its variants are beyond hope.

And rap, Madden, basketball, etc..

abuC

Watermelon sucks.

bunk-the-wire.gif

LowerLevel

Love me some watermelon, chicken, grape/orange soda, basketball and true hip-hop
I guess it's "underground" now...
but I hate Madden Football, love reading books, like ALL types of music, including foreign and especially electronica, (except newer country songs), and wrpg's are my favorite genre. Where do I fit in?
don't answer that as i don't care if people don't think I'm "black" enough

Onemic

Love me some watermelon, chicken, grape/orange soda, basketball and true hip-hop
but I hate Madden Football, love reading books, like ALL types of music, including foreign and especially electronica, (except newer country songs), and wrpg's are my favorite genre. Where do I fit in?

Stop acting white.

zero_suit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

lol welcome friend, what's the source of your avatar?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Dude, I mean, we're not in the sixth grade here. We're not going to chide the authenticity of your 'blackness'. lol

With that out the way, I have pretty eclectic taste in music also. I love trance and prog house. One of my favorite acts is Above & Beyond.

Imm0rt4l

I was at an annual aviation convention and I had fried chicken on my plate as I was walking past the buffet line. My hands were full and I was sorta looking through the different stuff and the older gentlemen next in line got some tongs and put watermelon on my plate, awkward. I don't even fucking like watermelon.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
No-sign fried chicken slander. That shit is "magically delicious."

alright black-gaf

google tatyiana foxx,

and have a very good not safe work time.

I was not prepared. Good lord.

edit:
I was at an annual aviation convention and I had fried chicken on my plate as I was walking past the buffet line. My hands were full and I was sorta looking through the different stuff and the guy next in line got some tongs and put watermelon my plate, it was awkward. I don't even fucking like watermelon.

Wow. Define "Air" and tell me where I can find it. lol

I was at an annual aviation convention and I had fried chicken on my plate as I was walking past the buffet line. My hands were full and I was sorta looking through the different stuff and the older gentlemen next in line got some tongs and put watermelon on my plate, awkward. I don't even fucking like watermelon.

trapped.gif

Slayven

You should have found your black partner and looked out for each other.

Top Bottom