• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Lebron

I haven't forgot about Mufasa :(

By the way, working on the new OT right now and... WOW. This thread came a long ways. This is easily the best period that the thread has ever seen.

I've been going through and piecing together stuff but I really want to throw some good reading and whatnot into the OP this time around. Any suggestions?

Mention of Blasians.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shout to the people who've hit me up.

Any additional stuff would be great too. Trying to re-engineer the Barbershop |OT| as best I can.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hey y'all...

I was curious as to what y'all thought about this article: Is the "Black Church" Guilty of Spiritual Hypocrisy? Someone made a post about the subject the other day in the gay marriage thread, but nobody really addressed it. If this is seen as derailing this thread then please ignore this post.

Thanks.
I'm like 10 lines in and I just got hit with "being gay is just like being black" like I've seen countess other times...

SO I'll just keep it at this: The black church is full of hypocrisy, and they have long since lost the influence that they once had in the black community

Imm0rt4l

I haven't worn an earring in years, only got 1 when I was 16. A friend pierced it for me with safety pin and an ice cube. I'm not against getting tats, but the finality of it is a bit much for me. If I were to get a tattoo, it would have to be really well thought out and say something about me. Not like some of these young ninjas getting amped to pay 20 bones for some wack ass ink.

I don't think I've ever seen someone with a tat and thought it looked nice. That's what keeps me from getting one. And never have I seen someone with a tat who would be less attractive without it.

Does black gaf do tattoos? And what kinds do you guys have, if any? I don't have any.

Basically.....

dat Sunny Ade, Fela Kuti etc...

King Masco for me..Too many Naija man are getting hyped that Afro beat is basically theirs, but I still prefer my home town (sierra leone) riddim

I don't think I've ever seen someone with a tat and thought it looked nice. That's what keeps me from getting one. And never have I seen someone with a tat who would be less attractive without it.

smh at this..

Anyway, here is my tatt literally 2 secs after she finished, I have 3 ear piercings too!

257048_167423326654075_4813411_o.jpg

cousins

I'm like 10 lines in and I just got hit with "being gay is just like being black" like I've seen countess other times...

SO I'll just keep it at this: The black church is full of hypocrisy, and they have long since lost the influence that they once had in the black community

Man, just post this

Choice quote:

Gay can never be the new black because first and foremost this phrase does not acknowledge the fact that there are those of us who are already gay AND black.

Anyway, race and sexuality are clearly two different parts of someone's identity.

commedieu

Banned
I just shaved my head. Last time I did this, I was 16, and instantly made fun of as resembling jason vorhees.

I shaved with a face razor.. and haven't applied any oil or anything just yet. I've got a weekend trip in palm springs..Tips on avoiding Razor Bumps until the hair starts growing back would be appreciative. Just have to keep my head clean to avoid itching/bumps. Yes..?

I shouldn't bother with lotion -- as my scalp seems to be oily enough on its own. And wouldn't that just cause irritation?

Top Bottom