• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lionelhutz

So true on the sniper rifle part.
I haven't even touched on, and I used to love collecting them in D1.

Snipers don't do enough damage on their own for a single target weapon and don't get enough ammo for the damage they do to be in heavy slot. Why should I not pick a Rocket launcher, Fusion Rifle or even Grenade Launcher? Not to mention every single one of them feels shit to use. Where's my Shortgaze/Ambush? Where's my Injection Mold/Quickdraw? The DARCI an exotic sniper rifle has an exotic perk that gives you....more aim assist and does more damage to highlights targets. Those are the exotic perk lul

Exotics in particular got shafted hard this time around. I like exotics because they are OP and OP stuff makes me feel powerful and fulfills my power fantasy. You can only equip on exotic at a time and yet they are all so tame in comparison.

I mean look at this shit, this is suppose to be an exotic perk on hunter boots...smh

You can thank PVP for the tame perks and boring weapons.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone looking for a fresh raid on PS4?

I haven't done the Raid yet. Kinda want to do it... >_>

I hate being LTTP with stuff like this but I'm just not as quick and skilled and the rest of DestinyGAF.

Edit:

283 Titan if decide to take me along. Have mic. Obv.

PSN is the same.

Jblanks

Separate playlists I don't agree with. There was pitiful population and long times in between matches of the more unpopular gametypes. While I wouldn't mind removing Control from Quickplay, I prefer the change. It keeps things fresh with game types switching up (and D1 did the same thing in year 3 by the way).

Strike exclusive gear is cool. Something I can agree on bringing over.

Regardless, the things being asked to brought over from D1 are a bit exaggerated in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249582276&postcount=9503

Fair.

Just did the Nightfall and that was... not that hard. Finished with 3:30 left, and we definitely missed some 30+ second additions. I was expecting a lot worse.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Need 3 more for Calus

5:00pm PDT, 8:00pm EST, 1:00am BST

285+ ideally with experience

1. free_the_slaves 302 titan
2. Gein789 298 warlock
3. Tigerheli 300 titan
4. Branaghs 288 Warlock
5. Shadow
6. Pedro

FULL

Frenden

Banned
I'm having a blast with my friends in both pve and pvp.

I didn't want a complete overhaul of Destiny. I wanted better, more streamlined, more rewarding Destiny. That's what they delivered.

Need 3 more for Calus

2. Gein789 298 warlock
3. Tigerheli 300 titan

I'm down to do it on my alt 300 warlock,I have a lot of experience in throne room and very little inside.

PSN:broodshadow

Floody

Need 3 more for Calus

2. Gein789 298 warlock
3. Tigerheli 300 titan

I'd be down, can go either a 303 Hunter or 302 Titan.
I've only ever done the
Throne Room, very little experience in the ShadowRelm
if that's a problem.
PSN is IIFloodyII

I'm having a blast with my friends in both pve and pvp.

I didn't want a complete overhaul of Destiny. I wanted better, more streamlined, more rewarding Destiny. That's what they delivered.

That's about where I'm at. They could tighten some stuff up and adjust things for QoL improvements but I'm pretty happy with where the game is at right now. Especially since we've yet to see everything.

Excited to see the Faction Wars and see how IB will be implemented.

Mafro

Faction Rally sounds pretty disappointing. Basically the game as the way they worked in the first game with the XP grind for gear except one faction "wins" and you can get a special weapon cheaper if you're in the faction. Meh, pretty much what everyone thought it would be then.

So true on the sniper rifle part.
I haven't even touched on, and I used to love collecting them in D1.

Snipers don't do enough damage on their own for a single target weapon and don't get enough ammo for the damage they do to be in heavy slot. Why should I not pick a Rocket launcher, Fusion Rifle or even Grenade Launcher? Not to mention every single one of them feels shit to use. Where's my Shortgaze/Ambush? Where's my Injection Mold/Quickdraw? The DARCI an exotic sniper rifle has an exotic perk that gives you....more aim assist and does more damage to highlights targets. Those are the exotic perk lul

Exotics in particular got shafted hard this time around. I like exotics because they are OP and OP stuff makes me feel powerful and fulfills my power fantasy. You can only equip on exotic at a time and yet they are all so tame in comparison.

I mean look at this shit, this is suppose to be an exotic perk on hunter boots...smh

Yeah, I was just thinking about this as I'm trying to put together an all hand cannon Lucky Pants build. At the very least these pants should include a perk where your hand cannons are reloaded automatically when holstered or something similar like Outlaw applied to all hand cannons when wearing that particular leg armor.

Dalek

Faction Rally sounds pretty disappointing. Basically the game as the way they worked in the first game with the XP grind for gear except one faction "wins" and you can get a special weapon cheaper if you're in the faction. Meh, pretty much what everyone thought it would be then.

Why doesn't the Community just all agree to pick the same faction and everyone wins?

Jblanks

Lol @ Faction Rally. I wasn't even expecting much more than D1, but it's literally the same thing. I need to stop getting my hopes up for anything involving Destiny..

Wallach

New Monarchy armor looks dope. As usual.

Sidearm, though? Come on, nobody is gonna want to join New Monarchy to get some doink ass sidearm at a discount.

Holy crap so the legendary fusion Shock and Awe is basically a OG Plan C! Same switch to quick charge, super high impact and range and only a 5 sec cooldown between quick fires vs Plan C's 10 sec! It's got to be the best PvP fusion, right?!

Me and my son ran the Cayde Treasure chest circuit while I got the Dead Orbit Hand Cannon my son got the New Monarchy Scout Rifle and the Future War Cult Auto Rifle.

Previously I had gotten nothing of use from these chest but this time took the advice in a video I watched earlier that claimed you would have a better chance at these weapons if you did one Treasure map/chest and then did a PE or Strike, etc and then did another Treasure map/chest...rinse and repeat. Maybe it was a coincidence but it sure did seem to improve things.

New Monarchy armor looks dope. As usual.

Sidearm, though? Come on, nobody is gonna want to join New Monarchy to get some doink ass sidearm at a discount.

I mean.. I'll admit that I'd rather have the Dead Orbit scout rifle... but New Monarchy had a sidearm that was beastly in D1.

Floody

Me and my son ran the Cayde Treasure chest circuit while I got the Dead Orbit Hand Cannon my son got the New Monarchy Scout Rifle and the Future War Cult Auto Rifle.

Previously I had gotten nothing of use from these chest but this time took the advice in a video a watched earlier that claimed you would have a better chance at these weapons if you did one Treasure map/chest and then did a PE or Strike, etc and then did another Treasure map/chest...rinse and repeat. Maybe it was a coincidence but it sure did seem to improve things.

I got the Dead Orbit Pulse and New Monarchy Scout after getting nothing the previous 2 weeks. Was the first time I was doing Public Events inbetween too, so could be linked.

The shader stuff is starting to get to me as if you apply a shader to a piece of gear it should always be selectable from that point on. You should be able to switch to a new one and then back to the other one without having to acquire another shader of that same type. And that should go for every piece of gear in the game.

Having to reacquire the same shader you once had applied just because you wanted to change the shader for the time being is just absurd.

TsuWave

lmao at that faction rally "event"

anyway, this is how i'm gonna have it:

titan - dead orbit
hunter (main) - fwc
warlock - new monarchy

Top Bottom