• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

Jb

They make a gazilllion dollars every year from mobile stuff and can't spend it enough so they have been aggressively expanding. They opened a console development studio in Osaka to focus on PS4 titles a while back, they are funding Platinum Games stuff, they are funding Matsuno, they are bankrolling anime, and they even opened their own anime studio last year and the first original project out of that is the upcoming Blade Runner 2022 short film directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. They are also sponsoring Juventus FC now.

So they're just bankrolling projects and artists they're fans of? Fine by me.
Also it's weird Konami needs their help to make a remaster with VR support.

Shifty

Hope it's not a technical mess like the ZoE HD collection was on launch, but I guess VR support means that it can't be a technical mess at least as far as framerate goes.

Pooya

So they're just bankrolling projects and artists they're fans of? Fine by me.
Also it's weird Konami needs their help to make a remaster with VR support.

chances are good that it was cygames that pitched them this first...

Awesome!! My PSVR is ready!

Seem like a departure from the norm for Cygames?

I know them from Shadowverse

Yup, they're continuing their branching out to bigger stuff now just like they did in anime starting with Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, in which they let a bigger director make something original only loosely from their property with very little restriction.
Edit: And duckroll mentioned the rest already.

raven777

steam also confirmed from famitsu
DKE2KzKVAAAgaZQ.jpg:large

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201709/19141954.html

emiliano

I see that VR will be in cockpit view... I would have much preferred a 3rd person view for this game. Let's see if this will work

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Wow, sucks that it is an exclusive for PSVR. Hope it is only a time exclusive and will comes to HTC Vive and Oculus Rift after that

vr?
with zoe2?
are you kidding me?
now i HAVE to buy ps4 vr...

or i could do a "pimp my pc" and switch to a 1080ti, as i already have the oculus there...
choices, choices...

now konami, how about using this to (un-needlessly) gauge the interest for zoe3? and then daze us all by announcing it? :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh man this is probably the only konami game I want left to buy on steam and heck I'll even buy the PS4 version too

Itsuki

Day one. I'll get the limited edition or limited PS4 console if they decide to make them. Really happy about this.

valkyre

Low key megaton right here folks

We need to establish what constitutes a "megaton" around here...

How is this a "megaton"?? Its a 16 year old release... it was 2001 and 2003... and its just a remastered version of an already remastered 2012 version...barely news to most people.

Loudninja

We need to establish what constitutes a "megaton" around here...

How is this a "megaton"?? Its a 16 year old release... it was 2001 and 2003... and its just a remastered version of an already remastered 2012 version...barely news to most people.
Because he think its one?Whats the problem here.

CamHostage

Heh, every time I see "Zone of the Enders" and "CyGames" in the headline together, I can't help but think of "Cy Girls", the 2004 Konami project by KCEJ (but not Kojima's team, though it's pretty clearly on the MGS/ZoE tech tree.) This was meant to be.

Mugy

So, what are we seeing here? its ZOE2 HD remake with VR necessary or its just optional? i want to play the game but im not into VR.

Heh, every time I see "Zone of the Enders" and "CyGames" in the headline together, I can't help but think of "Cy Girls", the 2004 Konami project by KCEJ (but not Kojima's team, though it's pretty clearly on the MGS/ZoE tech tree.) This was meant to be.

Oh yeah, I remember that.

Top Bottom