• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

KevinG

Ah, the digital version is out today I guess.

19 more days until the discs are out (I've got the limited edition on preorder)

81VP3S%2B61FL._SX522_.jpg

It better be as cool as the picture makes it look.

strafer

Demoncarnotaur came to me with the thread idea last night but wanted me to make the thread, I thought it sounded like a good, fun idea and no... I don't really keep a memory bank of GAF threads :p

I figured something was going to backfire, which was why I was a little hesitant to go with it at first. Sorry. If you/mods think this thread is in poor judgment as one already exists, I don't have a problem with a lockdown.

Don't get the reference =\

lol wtf...i guess he forgot to...whatever

For me it's JP>TLW>JW>JP3. I loved Jurassic World, but the Lost World was what got me into Jurassic Park when I was younger.
Thread has inspired me to take new pictures of my collection, will post later.

Symphonic

Oooohhh, I'll use this thread to post updates on my JP-29 Jeep restoration!

I decided after seeing Jurassic World that I wanted to make a Jurassic Park Jeep. So back in July I bought this:

11752173_10207296342426430_9218538599379811362_n.jpg

10987491_10207340533811187_6603797217403723663_o.jpg

Over the past few months, I gutted it and removed the inaccurate doors / hardtop / wheels and I am slowly piecing it back to gether after painting:

11998952_10207725687319784_5113755541332396627_n.jpg

12038144_10207868738415972_4224012353106191101_n.jpg

12039387_10207876932900829_6766906852261234931_n.jpg

As of now, I am working on painting the doors tan, working on the mirrors, then will get to the windshield and the interior / soft top :D

Wheels will be painted last.

Dude

Manu

JURASSIC PARK | 1993 | STEVEN SPIELBERG
Written by David Koepp, music by John Williams
Starring Ian Malcolm, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Richard Attenborough, Bob Peck, Ariana Richards, Joseph Mazzello

lol

Is the Telltale Jurassic Park adventure game decent? I'm about to 100% Lego Jurassic World and I feel like I may still need some more JP action after that.

I didn't finish it, but I would say that I thought what I played of it would foot the bill toward what you seem to be looking for, if you can mind the technical problems.

Jawmuncher

Great OT, Subbed

Is the Telltale Jurassic Park adventure game decent? I'm about to 100% Lego Jurassic World and I feel like I may still need some more JP action after that.

Go in expecting something more akin to the 90's comics and you should be all set.
I found it a pretty enjoyable romp. It's a mix of an adventure game with heavy rain. So long as a lot of QTEs don't bother you, it should be a fun ride.

Oooohhh, I'll use this thread to post updates on my JP-29 Jeep restoration!

I decided after seeing Jurassic World that I wanted to make a Jurassic Park Jeep. So back in July I bought this:

As of now, I am working on painting the doors tan, working on the mirrors, then will get to the windshield and the interior / soft top :D

Wheels will be painted last.

Keep us updated! I've always wanted to work on my own JP Jeep one day but I've yet to find an affordable model to tinker around with since I have experience in the matter.

Fuchsdh

Man, it was certainly disappointing, because the plot and the setting, everything that did with the extra dinos... they were all great. And then they just had some poor characters, combined with just an unengaging QTE slog.

There were I think two or three puzzles that were actually good in the game, though.

The Telltale game would be so much better with different gamplay mechanics. Why they didn't use the Walking Dead format is beyond me.

I'd still be game for them to a sequel, but it better play like their other games that are actually fun.

Awesome gifs strafer! That Lost World gif particularly demonstrates how fucking shitty that movie is.

You're crazy, that entire sequence is godly.

Awesome gifs strafer! That Lost World gif particularly demonstrates how fucking shitty that movie is.

My wife and I recently rewatched the trilogy on BD. I remain unable to understand why JP3 is considered 'the bad sequel' instead of TLW. The Lost World just doesn't give any shits about continuity, making sense, characters acting recognizably human or making believable decisions... It doesn't even look good, the cinematography is bland and the special effects look worse than JP1. Plus it has Vince Vaughn in it. Basically I hate everything about it except for maybe Julianne Moore lol.

JP3 may not be the best movie ever but it has a self-contained story that basically makes sense, appealing performances, decent effects, and a kid character who's actually not annoying and terrible. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap.

Manu

For what it's worth, my parents always liked JP3 better than TLW.

(I watched 1-3 with them as a kid)

Ooh, I need to sub this thread. Good stuff, brother!

Love this franchise. Though I've been into dinosaurs long before the movies, they helped change the dino landscape faster than textbooks and thus inspired a speedier change in our views and depictions making information, toys and other forms of media much more accurate and cooler to look at.

Manu

Ooh, I need to sub this thread. Good stuff, brother!

Love this franchise. Though I've been into dinosaurs long before the movies, they helped change the dino landscape faster than textbooks and thus inspired a speedier change in our views and depictions making information, toys and other forms of media much more accurate and cooler to look at.

Tell me about it. I used to own one of these:

il_570xN.763580359_dt6h.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THOSE TEETH.

Same here. Can't wait. I just forget if it's 3D or not. I hope so. 3D at home is so much better than in the theater. I should check my email/amazon order.

Tell me about it. I used to own one of these:

il_570xN.763580359_dt6h.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THOSE TEETH.
Exactly. One thing I won't ever forget is the smell of my old dinosaurs. Especially my dark blue/purple/light blue "brontosaurus" that I always held while watching "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend".

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. Can't wait. I just forget if it's 3D or not. I hope so. 3D at home is so much better than in the theater. I should check my email/amazon order.

Pretty sure it is, since these LEs usually have a complete set of everything that comes with it.

I have the LE of the trilogy, and the t-rex sculpt isn't bad. Really hope that this one will be better though! Oh and that the blu ray will also have an actual case + lenticular slip.

Jawmuncher

I have high hopes for this (Also have it on Pre-Order). The statue for the trilogy is rather nice. I have it on my desk as we speak.
When was this image added? Didn't know the movie would be coming in a tin. Not that big of a deal (Going to put mine in the new trilogy box) but it's weird.

CQQo7ncWgAAThXM.jpg

Veddy nice. What are you using for shelving and where? Garage? I should clean out and clean up my garage for my various collectables instead of finding room in a... err... room.

Veddy nice. What are you using for shelving and where? Garage? I should clean out and clean up my garage for my various collectables instead of finding room in a... err... room.

Its in my basement, in my storage/unfinished side. Most of it use to be stored away in boxes but a couple years ago I decided to put it on shelves.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Jurassic World is the most disappointing film I saw in theaters this year. The best thing about it was my girl Blue and her slow motion save the day shot.

Wowww

Any prototypes in your collection?

At the moment no, but I've come close a few times. I live in Cincinnati, so there's ex-Kenner people all over the place. Probably won't be adding a whole lot for now, next summer I am working on a Jeep 18 replica.
Just an FYI, I follow you on twitter- I usually find out any JP related news first from you, so thanks lol.

Top Bottom