• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Marvel

could never
How do you get the Bi-Han shader? done Sub's event, nothing. Now I'm going through the battle sim to see if it drops there.

delSai

Playing Sub-Zero in this actually makes me want to get into MK. I think Run and Block buttons will either take a long ass time to get used to or make me not want to play it at all.
But should MK11 have a costume creation feature i dont think i'll be able to pass on it. Lemme put a dumb tail on Reptile

Anything interesting? I dropped the mobile version after 2 days.
Sorry but i dunno, stopped watching really early on. I'm only interested in potential console unlocks. There needs to be more premier skins.
Hopefully they'll confirm new gear and skins at SDCC

Marvel

could never
Think I just fucked myself put of that Noob shader. I completed the tower with all requirements met, got the elite gear and stuff. But no shader... the tower says "Free trial of sub zero"

Ruh oh

Q8D3vil

I feel that subzero is one of the best animated characters in the game, everything from his movement to his Treat are very well done. I feel that they actually reacted to the criticism.

Strider

Man Evo kinda just snuck up on me... Between SubZero release, Evo, Destiny beta and Splatoon 2 it's a great couple weeks for me gaming wise.

Anyway got through the SZ multiverse yesterday but will probably jump online for the first time tonight with him... expecting to get rocked xd

Probity

Platinum farming for the next 12+ hours on Fractured multiverse Holy Terror event. It would be fine and simple if not for the perfect Harley AI at the end every time with stats that aren't attainable.

I feel that subzero is one of the best animated characters in the game, everything from his movement to his Treat are very well done. I feel that they actually reacted to the criticism.

My only criticism of Sub-Zero visually is his blades and hammer. They look very low quality. I get it's supposed to have this permafrost look too it but... just looks low resolution in return.

That said I'm digging him! I never really played Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat (always been a Reptile/Sektor guy.) One of my biggest gripes with Injustice 2 is the button layout and combinations of some characters seemed nonsense just to be different, ala Supergirl. But Sub-Zero's all feel in the right place and make sense instantly. Only meant to jump in for maybe 30 minutes last night, ended up playing an hour and a half!

Ravelle

Re-rolling and transmog should be all in the character gear menu, back in and out of different menu's is such a hassle.

You can chain open motherboxes now but you still can't buy more than one at a time or buy additional ones if you're at the end of that chain or equip the gear on the fly you just got. I also want to equip loot for a character you don't play at that moment.

Q8D3vil

My only criticism of Sub-Zero visually is his blades and hammer. They look very low quality. I get it's supposed to have this permafrost look too it but... just looks low resolution in return.

That said I'm digging him! I never really played Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat (always been a Reptile/Sektor guy.) One of my biggest gripes with Injustice 2 is the button layout and combinations of some characters seemed nonsense just to be different, ala Supergirl. But Sub-Zero's all feel in the right place and make sense instantly. Only meant to jump in for maybe 30 minutes last night, ended up playing an hour and a half!
Yeah button layout and some moveset made sense in mkx because of block button. But it doesnt make sense in I2.

patchday

How do you guys make money in game I'm constantly broke/

I just never spend it. If they ever add the option to buy motherboxes in bundles I'm sure I'll go broke. No way am I buying like 100s of gold motherboxes one at a time thats crazy too me.

I'm up to 3.5 mil. didnt spend a single dime on subzero so far.

But I will spend credits on those random ability / random shader verses so I can unlock the rest of the abilities for subzero hopefully this weekend

--------

Farming

Okay to answer your question. I have Doctor Fate and that belt Lupis that gives him crazy gold for his remaining health. I have his AI set to maximum Evade / Zone. He just runs away and beats many opponents with full health. He makes bouts 3k credits at least. This adds up in Endless after bout 50 fights. But I rarely find the need to do this unless for some reason I splurge and want to replenish my credits.

I also have 2 matching pieces for Batman's Billionaire set so I can earn 10% more credits. Havent even tried that

Lastly, Green Arrow has a gear set that essentially turns him into a loot fountain. I am actually missing one piece. But if I had both GA can essentially earn you a bunch of epics after a mtach if you leave the game running all night, LOL. I don't think I want gear that much but I'm sure this could help out our poorer gafs generate an economy

The main key is using a controller with Turbo button or ps4 remote + autohotkey script. Just leave an AI in endless. If yer fighter loses sure Batman will takeover as default but he'll lose so many matches and get gear / shaders/ abilities. Batman is probably still my most decked out fighter which is reason he became my main (cause he had so much sweet looking gear & shaders)

patchday

Gear set for Green Arrow I'd like to complete someday just for the lulz---

Speedy's Crime-Fighting Cap
Ollie's First Compound Bow (missing this one)

Bonus 2/2: Arms Deal: 50% increased chance of Gear dropped for characters other than Green Arrow to be of higher rarity

Silly devs wont open up a Green Arrow multiverse so I can try to get the item drop either it's such BS. Loot whore Rage!! Instead we get a bunch of crap mulotiverses popup for Swamp Thing. Really?! Any of us mains Swampy?? LOL

So far, like I said, Dr Fate is my gold fountain-->
Belt - Lapis Philosophorum
Bonus: Remaining Health at the end of the match is converted into bonus credits

I kinda want Billionaire's 5/5 set but only at 2 pieces. With 2 set pieces I get 10% more credits & guild credits. 3 pieces would give me 15% more creds. 5 pieces would give me Golden Batarangs. Drool.

This is why I try to avoid games with random loot. Not because I hate the games but it reveals my inner loot whore. I have an immense love for this game but a little hate.

Innolis

Hope this is the right place to post this:

Any advice on Catwoman's setplay and general strategy? Her combos are easy so far but I'm having problems figuring out what to actually do during the match and which tools I should be abusing.

She also has a shit-ton of strings, any recommendation on which ones are the most useful ones? Which ones to use to open people up?

The combos feel a little weird in this game. Any tips for a noob? I can beat a medium CPU about 75% of the time.

Haven't played any of NetherRealm's previous games.

Innolis

The combos feel a little weird in this game. Any tips for a noob? I can beat a medium CPU about 75% of the time.

Haven't played any of NetherRealm's previous games.

They are not freeform or gattling combos, think of them more in the lines of dial-a-combo you input the sequence and let it do it's thing. Input the entire sequence without hitconfirming it.

JAXXX

DEpsQKnU0AA5Dmw.jpg

komarkaze

I bought Injustice 2 for Xbox recently and leveled up enough to join a guild. I was able to locate and view the GAF guild but I did not see an option to send a request to join. Am I supposed to be invited by the guild owner?

I'm loving the game so far. Really impressed by the facial animations.

vg260

$70 for Ultimate edition already?!

Damn us early adopters took it up the $#%

what is Darkseid only $5?! LOL you better be all smiles yo'

Early adopters should have expected this. It's par for the course. I actually went back and looked at the price history for their games and would have bet on this kinda sale around July. It's not even a NRS thing anymore in terms if price drops. I'm holding firm not buying any fall release until Black Friday though.

I thought about it when buying the Xbox version, but it was worth the head start with how NRS like to nerf their games in term of unlocks and in-game economy, and that hapoened here. Totally worth it if you wanted to unlock stuff. They've only been making in more of a pain in the ass.

How much total space does Injustice 2 take up on the 'ol ps4 hard drive, after all the dlc and patches and whatnot? Thinking of returning the physical copy I bought on sale for $50 a few days ago and getting the ultimate edition on PsN, curious how big a download I have ahead of me. Store says 27 GB but that's usually just the baseline download size the unpatched game started with.

patchday

Evo stream on btw --- twitch.tv/netherrealm

I'm fine with throwing cash at NRS day 1, they're my fave studio lol.

lol yeah I was being half serious. I was trying to stress he got a good deal and there's nothing to be salty bout.

I've been playing since IJ1/MKX so I know the score.

I tried installing it but says that the PS4 play cannot be installed on the following windows version: ...,Windows 7 x64,...
I scrolled down on the download page, and the system requirements I need is windows 8 or 10.

patchday

Evo-----

Seeing some Wonder Womans here at Evo. Just saw a BA beat WW just now

Now watching a WW vs Deadshot.

Please buff this girl Netherrealms in the post-evo balance pass. Or nerf this residual damage from blocked projectiles good lord

[edit] Oh CRAP-- WW just beat Aqua (and Deadshot)! Finally a WW win on a major event lol. Was UntitledSix vs JER

I tried installing it but says that the PS4 play cannot be installed on the following windows version: ...,Windows 7 x64,...
I scrolled down on the download page, and the system requirements I need is windows 8 or 10.

you should upgrade or buy a turbo controller.

I had this laptop over 5 years, would it be a good idea to upgrade it? Is there a cheap turbo controller I can buy? It would've been nice if my arcade stick has turbo button.

patchday

Hell yeah you upgrade it. My wife has a laptop over 5 yrs. granted she went from Win 8 -> 10 which was huge upgrade due to Win 8 being horrid

[edit] you know what maybe her laptop was only like 3 yrs old but I'd still say go for it

Top Bottom