• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can 20 dollar budget CW do a better Flash costume then the JL? Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

barry-allen-bad-hair-once-and-future-flash-987405.png

the-flash-movie-eying-back-to-the-future-director-robert-zemeckis-1.jpg

Even Gambit doesn't wear fingerless gloves anymore

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I didn't even notice the gloves until you pointed it out.

Just... why?

farisr

I was worried how it'd turn out after seeing him in BvS. But totally fine with the JL one after shown so far.

The CW Flash isn't, like, the greatest thing, but Lord, I really don't know what they were thinking when they designed the DCEU Flash. It's such a mess

both are awful. the worst kind of tasteless crap.
fingerless gloves is the only good thing about it.

What is this?

Dynomutt

I still don't understand what all the wires are

The technology developed by Wayne Tech consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it's needed.

These hyper strong kinetic Flywire filaments are applied to a minimalistic suit upper, reducing weight to create Wayne Tech's lightest material ever.

Paper-thin fabric that is highly malleable covers the user amplifying energy while reducing friction fatigue, with Wayne Tech Flywire filaments attaching to the suit to nerve endings maximizing transference and reducing latency.

Developed by Lucius Fox.

Explained here.

hamchan

The lower budget forces them to make the costume simpler, which actually makes it better instead of some overdesigned nonsense armour.

Ithil

Bigger budgets are no substitute for superior design work. See X-Men Apocalypse "uniforms" vs Deadpool's X-Men uniforms.

The color scheme really kills me on DCEU Flash, too. Like, you have the gold already to break up the red, you don't need that much black. It looks like two suits jammed together. Goddamn man.

Movie Flash not only looks better, he caught Captain Boomerang in 10 seconds. TV flash would have lost to him twice, asked Harrison Wells and Cisco if he needs to run fast, broke up with Iris 3 times, asked arrow for advice, killed 5 earth 2lings for no reason, and ruined the timeline, before finally catching him.

Theorry

The technology developed by Wayne Tech consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it’s needed.

These hyper strong kinetic Flywire filaments are applied to a minimalistic suit upper, reducing weight to create Wayne Tech's lightest material ever.

Paper-thin fabric that is highly malleable covers the user amplifying energy while reducing friction fatigue, with Wayne Tech Flywire filaments attaching to the suit to nerve endings maximizing transference and reducing latency.

Developed by Lucius Fox.

Explained here.

Obama-Drops-the-Mic.gif

Veelk

Banned
I don't think either are particularly great, but I also have difficulty imagining what a good Flash costume would look like in live action.

As Superhero costumes evolved, less emphasis has been placed on superheroes' heroic build showing through the costume. Superhero suits used to be suits, but now Batman and Superman wear a kind of armor like costume. While they still show off their builds, I don't feel there is as great an emphasis on them wearing spandex anymore.

The thing is that with flash, you don't have much elsewhere to go. CW tried to replicate the spandex by just having him wear leather, but that is as much budgetary reasons as anything. DCEU on the other hand went the Batman route and turned the spandex into armor. He kind of looks like a power ranger now.

Thing is, even though I'm not a big fan of the spandex look in general, a speedster is probably the character for whom it fits best. As a runner, he should have the look of someone super light and agile. I just don't see that working as a superhero outfit complete with mask and everything.

marrec

Banned
The technology developed by Wayne Tech consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it’s needed.

Developed by Lucius Fox.

Explained here.

Lol

Movie Flash not only looks better, he caught Captain Boomerang in 10 seconds. TV flash would have lost to him twice, asked Harrison Wells and Cisco if he needs to run fast, broke up with Iris 3 times, asked arrow for advice, killed 5 earth 2lings for no reason, and ruined the timeline, before finally catching him.

Movie Barry will fuck up the timeline if his movies get off the ground. Bank on it.

I think in the particular case of the Flash, the TV crew were well aware of the particular set of expectations on them. It was their first effort to turn a discount Batman show into a TV universe. Going from an emphatically grounded and gritty adaptation to a character who could not be divorced from the ridiculous sci-fi concepts that are its foundation. They had decided that they weren't going to treat the whole affair as a several seasons long origin story; Barry Allen would be the Flash by the end of the first episode.

He needed a costume to match.

Flash in Justice League is not the focus. He'll be part of the third film in a universe that opened with a Superman movie. They have nothing to prove with this incarnation of Barry Allen, and so they're scarcely trying to.

G-Fex

CW Flash needed a better costume for a long time now. Nothing tops Reverse Flash's.

And Slayven wouldn't be nagging if the JL Flash was in fact Wally

WedgeX

Banned
JL Flash looks like what would happen if the Toy Man built his own Superhero action figures

There were some JL toys when I was...in middle school?...which had the first Kyle Rayner figure that is see. As a whole they were a bit awkward and edgy, as thintgs in the late 90s were. This flash suit seems like they lifted that toy's suit directly onto film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom