• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can 20 dollar budget CW do a better Flash costume then the JL? Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reszo

I kinda like the JL costume. i think it will look great in motion

e7121fdc8fadb213a46cf31f41c41ad2.gif

Damn, Idk if im going to be able to look at cw flash the same after seeing Flash's effects in the movie.

A big part of the problem with the DCU suit is the lack of a real gold colour, Too much grey and Ezra having a weak jawline for having no chin guard

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Btw, isn't the Flash smarter than Batman, or is Batman taking over the creation of a suit for Flash a matter of material wealth?

You give costume designers and other people with big egos involved with the decision making process basically an unlimited budget and there you go.

It's not as if the show's Flash costume be it the actual current one or the "future" version is that great either but the 90s show one, material aside is just silly with its fake muscles.

Vic_Viper

Supposedly Batman helps Barry get a new suit in Justice League. Pretty much the same way Iron Man builds Parker a new Spider-man suit lol.

That future Flash suit from the latest episode is so sick btw.

Alienous

It seems like the DCEU employs people who feel the need to prove that they're better than decades upon decades worth of iteration.

If it isn't in character it's in design. You can just pull them from the comic book and plop them into a movie, no, you have to make sure the Blue Boyscout doesn't smile, or that the Joker looks like a rebellious teenager who's a fan of the Joker.

To their credit every so often they hit on something, like Aquaman, but otherwise there is no excuse for going through an entire design process and coming out of the other end with the design they have for the Flash and Cyborg.

LotusHD

Banned
They're really invested in this piece of crap tv show to say otherwise

JL one is better but both really could do with major changes

I like how people can't just stick to debating which costume looks better, if you like either of the costumes, then you're apparently a total fanboy for either the Flash TV show or the DCEU.

Sigh

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like how people can't just stick to debating which costume looks better, if you like either of the costumes, then you're apparently a total fanboy for either the Flash TV show or the DCEU.

Sigh
I follow neither and I still think CW Flash looks better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got

Banned
I still don't understand what all the wires are

They are connected to his penis. He ejaculates really hard into them and the speed of that ejaculate shoots around through the tubes and gains constant momentum (because it's speedster ejaculate) and keeps his speed going.

"guitar-riff" ZACK SNYDER!!!!!!

Azazzel

Can someone even be a fanboy of CW's Flash? The first season was neat but afterwards it just becomes another cw show where people do dumb shit for seemingly no reason.

Ashhong

The JL costume is definitely a bit weird, but can we at least wait until seeing more than a combined 30 seconds of footage vs 3 seasons of the CW one?

Cipherr

CW's suits look good in stills but once you see them in motion they start looking like ass. Budget CG makes it even worse imo.

Not that I'm a fan of Ezra's over-designed suit either but I'll take that any day over the pajamas Cap wore in Avengers.

blogs-the-feed-avengers-captain-america.jpg

What the fuck were they thinking.

Cap in Avengers was worst of all time territory. Its fucking gross that they had the balls to put that shit on screen. Re-watching it is hilarious, especially the fucked up bulky boots hes wearing. Terrible.

I don't understand how they went from that trash to the flat out PERFECT look in Winter Soldier... Its just.. That chin strap and the darker coloring is perfect.

Astral Dog

Hmmm

I think i may be the only one that likes both 😳

one has a cheap looking head and off flash symbol the other a weird neck and looks a bit overdesigned but both are good compared to Batman

J_Viper

Cap in Avengers was worst of all time territory. Its fucking gross that they had the balls to put that shit on screen. Re-watching it is hilarious, especially the fucked up bulky boots hes wearing. Terrible.

I don't understand how they went from that trash to the flat out PERFECT look in Winter Soldier... Its just.. That chin strap and the darker coloring is perfect.

What really makes it worse is that helmet.

When it gets knocked off in the final battle, the costume actually looks alright

bf67cab0abf254d235add34666ce4fd3.jpg

Renekton

You just have a low cringe threshold. It is very old school comics camp, plus it makes sense that Coulson designed it based on the WW2 warbond marketing material.

The boots and gloves are still kinda crap but overall the suit is ok without the helmet. Once he puts that on he looks as bad as those Halloween costume stores lol

But even in the sequels where they significantly fix the costume I think cap still looks best without that helmet. Which seems kinda pointless tbh when his identity is known to the world.

For ezras flash they should copy captain America and give him a helmet with a chinstrap

They made a better helmet but for some reason decided to go with what's on screen.

The likely total production and marketing budget of the Justice League movies alone is probably higher than what 10 seasons of The Flash TV series would cost to produce. So no shit a show in its 3rd season (and the budget cuts that come with it) has some not so great VFX shots.

MartyStu

The approach to the design is misguided, but I am also of the opinion that the CW costume is incredibly misguided as well.

Of the two, I like the Justice League design a lot more. The gloves are indeed stupid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom