• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I like New Jack and Rebecca seems cool too. Ben guy was being stupid but you need someone doing a stupid thing at least once a season in 24.

That was awesome. Had all the stupid I expect from 24. Looks like they're going even more stupid next episode so I'm in!

Don't think this is going to win over any people that weren't already fans, but I thought it was great.

Kadin

Came into it thinking it'd be like a 5/10 based on early reviews and have to say it's more like an 8/10 for me. Started out great.

SuperOrez

That was awesome. Had all the stupid I expect from 24. Looks like they're going even more stupid next episode so I'm in!

Don't think this is going to win over any people that weren't already fans, but I thought it was great.
I didn't watch the previous series but I'm in.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any reason to watch the last Bauer season before this? I miss 24 and fizzled out in like season 8 so long ago.

Any reason to watch the last Bauer season before this? I miss 24 and fizzled out in like season 8 so long ago.

I would argue that it's one of the strongest runs of 24 and partially because it's over in half the time so there's literally no bullshit. There's an action sequence that lasts almost an entire episode and it's boss. It also ties up some loose ends from earlier seasons.

So I don't know anything about this show, but I sat in my living room while thinking about why I support any teams in sports after the Superbowl and watched this. I actually sat through the entire hour for it and I don't watch anything anymore. Very cool. So I. I'm guessing previous seasons were as interesting as this right?

This can be enjoyable regardless if the new guy does or doesn't totally match Sutherland. I don't really care as long as the story is good and he does a good job.

Giolon

Do a barrel roll!

I'm on board with Eric Carter, LMFAO.

And Edgar's cousin. Bitch please.

"It's all connected, we swear!"

reKon

Banned
So I don't know anything about this show, but I sat in my living room while thinking about why I support any teams in sports after the Superbowl and watched this. I actually sat through the entire hour for it and I don't watch anything anymore. Very cool. So I. I'm guessing previous seasons were as interesting as this right?

Go watch right now starting from Season 1. The series is fun as hell.

To be honest, if you can get the original season 1 and season 2 I'd definitely watch those.

Hell...I think I'm going to start the entire series over to help pass the time between these episodes. I mean, it'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get through a season.

Carter just doesn't have the same rolls right of the tongue nature but I like the actor. And this was 24 as fuck. Went by so fast. I loved it.

Is Legacy another "full" season or half the run time like Live Another Day?

It would honestly be worse if Eric were trying to be a deliberate carbon copy of Bauer so I'm glad they seem to be avoiding that.

I'm sure he'll develop though, maybe change a bit. But if they tried to match Bauer it'd be so transparent.

Is Legacy another "full" season or half the run time like Live Another Day?

I would imagine with it being an hour at a time, and the show being 24, it'll be a full season.

EDIT: I stand corrected haha

Also, I'm downloading The Raid mini movie now, so if anything is major in that, I'll post about it here.

Kadin

Go watch right now starting from Season 1. The series is fun as hell.
Completely agree with this. I had NO desire to watch 24 when it first came out, girlfriend talked me into it. Binge watched the first 2 seasons in less than a week. We're no longer together but I still love her for this reason alone.

Kaizer

Banned
Really enjoyed that premiere, went by pretty fast too - even with commercials. I'm engaged so far, I'll be back tomorrow!

jfkgoblue

Completely agree with this. I had NO desire to watch 24 when it first came out, girlfriend talked me into it. Binge watched the first 2 seasons in less than a week. We're no longer together but I still love her for this reason alone.
I watched it in its original run because my dad loved the show, but I still binged it later and it was still awesome.

Homeland is decent but it can't compare.

jfkgoblue

Homeland is a far, far slower burn. Still really good, but yeah, not a whole lot like 24.

The ironic thing is that homeland has always been 13 episodes verse 24's... 24 episodes.

Homeland to me was trying to be a "smarter" version of 24, but its plots are just as dumb, I still enjoy it, although season 6 so far has not been good.

IIRC...

5>1>2>3>4>7>6>8 with Live Another Day being somewhere around 5 and 1.

7 and 8 are weird. I loved the first half of 7, didn't like the second half. Didn't like the first bit of 8 so stopped watching, but heard it gets way better.

Tookay

IIRC...

5>1>2>3>4>7>6>8 with Live Another Day being somewhere around 5 and 1.

7 and 8 are weird. I loved the first half of 7, didn't like the second half. Didn't like the first bit of 8 so stopped watching, but heard it gets way better.

Last third of 8 makes the rest of the shit worth it.

It's like pure unhinged Bauer Power Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom