• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

Thanks for that link to that documentary. I hadn't seen it before, will definitely give it a watch.

As for a driver I'm a fan(obsession) of I'd be comfortable in the Button camp.

Ark

I'm generally a fan of everyone, but if I had to chose from the top 5 then I'd go with Hamilton, Button and Alonso (in no particular order).

F#A#Oo

Banned
Also 'LOL' at ferraris comments on self-interest when they are paid a fortune for simply turning up that no other team gets.

Well they pull a lot of the strings in and around F1...are you really surprised that they want a better deal than the rest of the paddock?

Chris R

Thanks for that link to that documentary. I hadn't seen it before, will definitely give it a watch.

As for a driver I'm a fan(obsession) of I'd be comfortable in the Button camp.

I'm going to watch it too (if it isn't taken down by the time I get home).

As for my driver, it has to be Lewis, which I guess makes me the laughing stock of everyone else here :(

Kobayashi is my 2nd favorite driver, but he hasn't had a great season this year :|

Az

I know I don't post much in here just to let you 'locals' know what I am about. Been following F1 since 97/98 with my dad (Schumi fan), but I used to be huge Mika fan. Stopped between 07/09 for whatever reason I don't know.
Currently I like to go for the underdog. Started to really enjoy Kubica and really hope he makes it back someday. Now, I am pretty much undecided, just want to see some good racing.

smiggyRT

Anyone else been watching Sky's Legends of F1 series? Quite enjoying them even if there isn't that much to them and Steve Rider is as boring as always.

Shaneus

Oh, I do. He's firmly in the wank bank, as well.

But I'm still not nearly as obsessed with him as you with Vettel. We post ironically with self-awareness most of the time, you don't. That's the difference! ;)
And with that, we find out who the REAL fans are. For shame!

Actually, it comes down more to objectivity as far as actual racing prowess and attitude goes. Webber fans can still acknowledge that Alonso is the best overall driver, Vettel still has a lot to learn and Webber is God.

PS. That wallpaper? Fucking glorious.

pappe

The FF joins a growing stable of cars the star driver has received since signing with Ferrari, including a custom 458 Italia, a Maserati GranTourismo Convertible, an Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari and a special edition Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. Nice work if you can get it.

Fuck You, Alonso!!!!

<3

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I read somewhere it was strongly influenced by the 512 BB.

Might as well have called it the 458 BB, such a good homage respect.
y6CrH.jpg

MNUZx.jpg

IdH0H.jpg

YQVco.jpg

Love you guys <3

For any of the new guys around this year, you should definitely watch this BBC Four documentary on the 'Killer Years' of F1 in the 60's, 70's. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen and I just finished watching it for the fourth time because I linked it to a friend.
That was hard to watch sometimes.
I still have Wheldon and Simoncelli's death fresh on my mind.

_machine

Might as well have called it the 458 BB, such a good homage respect.
That looks really nice, but I don't think white "grill" parts fit in it as well as in the 512BB.
For any of the new guys around this year, you should definitely watch this BBC Four documentary on the 'Killer Years' of F1 in the 60's, 70's. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen and I just finished watching it for the fourth time because I linked it to a friend.
Thanks, just started watching it now that I finished watching Senna :)

F1: Ferrari has 'great confidence' in Massa - president

Mar.29 (GMM) Luca di Montezemolo has offered Felipe Massa some cautious backing.

The struggling driver was summoned to Ferrari's Maranello headquarters this week rather than travel home to Brazil to see his young family.

But team boss Stefano Domenicali said the 30-year-old retains Ferrari's full backing, despite two sub-standard performances in Australia and Malaysia and widespread calls within the media for his dismissal.

Germany's SID news agency quotes Ferrari president Montezemolo as saying: "We have great confidence in Massa.

"And at the moment I don't see many outstanding drivers out there," he added.

The implication could be that an "outstanding" driver might be a candidate to replace Massa either now or in the future.

The cream of Ferrari's own driver development academy, Sergio Perez, sensationally finished second behind Fernando Alonso last weekend in Malaysia, with Massa fifteenth.

Brazilian former driver and now commentator Luciano Burti traces Massa's decline all the way back to Hockenheim 2010, when on the one-year anniversary of his near-fatal crash he was told by his engineer: "Fernando is faster than you".

"When that order came, his house fell around him," Burti told Brazil's Globo.

Soon after that, Alonso was - and still is - the darling of Ferrari, while one of Massa's strongest supporters, the O Estado de S.Paulo correspondent Livio Oricchio, now believes the Brazilian is little more than the "test driver" for new components.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-has-great-confidence-in-massa-president/?i=2

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
To be honest it says a lot about Massas drive to succeed that he even stayed at Ferrari after that.

You only have to look at how Alonso reacted to the mere suggestion that Hamilton got preferential treatment to him to see how a champion would have reacted. Not saying he has to be a champion and good luck to him bleeding Ferrari for every penny he can, but if your second driver doesn't even believe he can be number 1 then you've got the wrong guy.

Ferrari winning not impossible, says Montezemolo
29 March 2012

Luca di Montezemolo believes Ferrari still stands a chance of winning the Formula 1 world title this year, despite competing with what is a below par car at present. Following Fernando Alonso’s highly unexpected win in Malaysia, the entire company gathered for a catch-up at the factory in Maranello.

“This victory must not be an isolated one, but rather the starting point to a season in which we want to be the best,” said Montezemolo, as former Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger also attended the gathering.

“To succeed, we have to be the best in our daily work in every sector. We know there is a lot to do, but we also know it’s not impossible.”

Ferrari last won the Constructors’ title in 2008 and is yet to claim Drivers’ honours since Kimi Räikkönen collected his crown.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/276604/ferrari-winning-not-impossible-says-montezemolo/

I think I'm gonna buy Montezemolo a shirt.

MqKKQ.jpg

ANDY_098

French Grand Prix set to return in 2013
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/276623/french-grand-prix-set-to-return-in-2013/

The French Grand Prix will be returning to the F1 calendar in 2013, leParisien reports on Thursday. Tomorrow, Prime Minister Francois Fillon is expected to confirm that Paul Ricard will be back on the schedule for the first time since 1990. The Belgian Grand Prix will be placed on hold, as the two races begin to alternate.

Half as much Spa is better than no Spa I suppose. Paul Ricard should be pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom