• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Final ATR at TGS 2017 [UP] Story updates continue into 2018

Yay more content in 2018!!!
Walking into 2018 with positive vibes like
tumblr_omanusuHFi1w2io3mo2_540.gif

Runner67

I mean..if they don't add it to the main game then imo it's a waste of time. Accessing it thru the main menu would be a disservice.

They've been listening to Fan feedback. So far we got the Regalia Type D, a chapter select and bestiary. Next they are allowing us to choose multiple hunts.

I remember a recent interview tabata talked about possibly including the DLC and ch 13v2 in the main game as prompts that you would load into should you have them.

The story content however that is going to be patched in will likely be added to the main game itself. They already added KG and Omen cutscenes this way. If they are planning on truely enhancing the story, they will most likely do it the normal way.

I just hope they make like a full-on 10 hours expansion starring Ardyn where they cram all the astrals and Solhiem lore alongside his backstory. I think this would be the cleanest, most efficient way to handle all the missing story content in one go.

theofficefan99

I have no idea how they will fix that garbage story unless ofcourse they just straight out replace some parts but that isnt gonna happen.

It'll remain garbage in terms of writing since they're not going to go ARR on it but I'm hoping this stuff will at least provide some memorable/exciting stuff.

Thanks a lot for posting the pic from the versus xiii ps3 trailer. Reminds me of a time when Noctis was mature and was ready to take revenge on niflheim rather than the baby boy he turned into in the final game.

Dunno what I expected when I entered the thread really.

Tabata and team are focusing on adding to the story and are killing themselves doing so. So, as a fan, I appreciate the effort and heart the team is putting in to give true fans what they want.

Dunno what I expected when I entered the thread really.

Tabata and team are focusing on adding to the story and are killing themselves doing so. So, as a fan, I appreciate the effort and heart the team is putting in to give true fans what they want.

Hell yeah man this is too exciting to be honest, I never expected FFXV to be my fav/second favorite game so for them to still be supporting it in 2018 like they say man it's so awesome. People are cynical about it and it is what it is on that front, but when all this stuff is implemented, gonna be too busy playing it to care, you feel?????

Strimei

I clicked this thread by accident, but I just wanted to say, you could have said this was from Deus Ex and I'd believe you. Yellow-ish tint and gold font probably helps me think of it though.

(Not sure if this was said before, I've paid zero attention to FFXV, just a random thought brought about by a misclick, heh)

Zee-Row

Banned
So will this multiplayer mode have new areas or is it just you and friends walking around the same areas as the campaign?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Adding to the story to fix it a year after the game is out and beyond is kind of amazing. In a depressing way.

The multiplayer stuff looks really fun but I honestly want the team to move onto something else completely after 2017.

ZeoVGM

Banned
A portion of the team are prototyping a new IP for next-gen.

Yeah, I don't even want a portion of the team still working on a single player game over a year after it released. Put them all on other projects. They've supported XV a ton. I used to defend it but saying they plan on going into 2018 with story updates is ridiculously silly.

Koozek

Nothing FFXV related yet?
:
https://twitter.com/Kume856/with_replies

It's been 10 months since the game was released. Huge thanks from the team :)

Sales is pretty well

Many fans are still playing and enjoying the game,

In the trailer of Episode Ignis, you can see how the story goes in it. The last DLC (apologies that I don't quite get what the last means)

They've been mulling over is it really okay to make Episode Ignis the last DLC on FFXV.

As survey showed, fans are waiting for more stories.

Deepening the story of FFXV is what the fans want, and the dev team WILL work on it, and KEEP DELIVERING contents in 2018

they'll deliver what's been left out from the FFXV story.

https://twitter.com/Kume856/with_replies

(Remember, it's not easy to keep on delivering the contents related to already-released games. Huge thanks to the team!!)

So, the contents from now on will be focused on deepening the story.

This is the final ATR. But they'll find a new way to communicate with fans.

What did you expect? FF16 this gen? FF games are one per gen at best.. 7r will probably be multi-gen the first part at best.

Nope. FF7,8,9 on PS1 gen, FFX then MMO FFXI, then FFX-2 then FFXII on PS2 gen. FF13 then FF13-2 then FF13-3 and FF14 MMO on PS3 gen that was ported to PS4 gen. We only got one FF on this gen so far. There will be the FF7 remake and we can expect another MMO FF using UE4 maybe.

Nope. FF7,8,9 on PS1 gen, FFX then MMO FFXI, then FFX-2 then FFXII on PS2 gen. FF13 then FF13-2 then FF13-3 and FF14 MMO on PS3 gen that was ported to PS4 gen. We only got one FF on this gen so far. There will be the FF7 remake and we can expect another MMO FF using UE4 maybe.

Those were different times during ps1 days that's never coming back.. MMO's imo are different beasts. Last gen all you got was FF13 and it's crappy sequels (if you want to consider it multiple FF games sure..technically anyway)

You will never see multiple mainlines ever again during a single gen.

Schneider

another ff mmo will not happen this gen, it would only destroy 14 which has seen its best sales and subscribers since the arr relaunch

Koozek

I mean they didn't start talking about the free updates roadmap for the future, MP expansion, other character based DLCs after Ignis, like Luna, Ardyn and whether they will be part of this Season Pass or a newer Season Pass.
They only showed Dragon Quest gameplay so far.
Dude, the FFXV stream ended 2 hours ago, lol.

I mean they didn't start talking about the free updates roadmap for the future, MP expansion, other character based DLCs after Ignis, like Luna, Ardyn and whether they will be part of this Season Pass or a newer Season Pass.
They only showed Dragon Quest gameplay so far.
You realize it already happened right? lol

Based on the active time report..... I'm not entirely sure why they released the game so incomplete. I' happy for another year of content but I'm still mad I spent money on an incomplete game.

ZeoVGM

Banned
What did you expect? FF16 this gen? FF games are one per gen at best.

Well, that really only became the case last gen. Kind of.

But there's also two this gen anyway if you count ARR, which absolutely should be counted.

And hell, last gen had XIII-2 as well.

Based on the active time report..... I'm not entirely sure why they released the game so incomplete. I' happy for another year of content but I'm still mad I spent money on an incomplete game.

About missing content, I stumbled on this today by hasard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2eaq_Fevg
Very disappointed. I wish they included the Duscae content or at least made Duscae available to download for everyone.
I wonder what happened to the main game vision that changed the final build so much.

OmegaDL50

This problem is compounded even further because one game was in pre-production for nearly 6 years and put by the wayside of active development because of other projects (FFXIII sequels and FF XIV and it's conversion into A Realm Reborn for example). It's bad enough people think because that ONE game took so long to come out they assume every single future release must also take an equally ridiculous amount of time to come out,

Shifting around staff and reorganizing development teams to assist in other projects effectively putting one project entirely on halt is an exception when it comes to FF history developments, not a norm. It's quite amazing the revisionist history on some folks have in regards to FF releases and upcoming releases for future games as well when you hear exaggurated nonsense like FFXVI won't be out until 2035 or stuff like FF7r not coming out until the end of PS5 gen or whatnot.

Well, that really only became the case last gen. Kind of.

But there's also two this gen anyway if you count ARR, which absolutely should be counted.

And hell, last gen had XIII-2 as well.

I view FF MMO's as a revenue machine, yes they got their stories and whatnot. But I wouldn't categorize them alongside the SP ones. And yeah that overhaul 14 got is nothing short of a miracle.

That's going to be the case moving forward one mainline per gen, games take a longtime to make which is why SE is considering putting Mp aspects to their games (which sucks for us) or "games as a service"

Ps: don't forget lighting returns.

Koozek

About missing content, I stumbled on this today by hasard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2eaq_Fevg
Very disappointed. I wish they included the Duscae content or at least made Duscae available to download for everyone.
I wonder what happened to the main game vision that changed the final build so much.
If you're asking why things changed and were cut, well, that's game development. Things change a lot all the time in many games. Just read the chapter about Uncharted 4's development after the original director's department mid-way in in Jason Schreier's new book (audio book version voiced by Noctis' VA, btw). Reminded me a lot the whole Versus/XV thing, actually.

This problem is compounded even further because one game was in pre-production for nearly 6 years and put by the wayside of active development because of other projects (FFXIII sequels and FF XIV and it's conversion into A Realm Reborn for example). It's bad enough people think because that ONE game took so long to come out they assume every single future release must also take an equally ridiculous amount of time to come out,

Shifting around staff and reorganizing development teams to assist in other projects effectively putting one project entirely on halt is an exception when it comes to FF history developments, not a norm. It's quite amazing the revisionist history on some folks have in regards to FF releases and upcoming releases for future games as well when you hear exaggurated nonsense like FFXVI won't be out until 2035 or stuff like FF7r not coming out until the end of PS5 gen or whatnot.

The problem with FFXV that it took 10 years to make is the fact that it was a last-gen game first then it was decided to be a current gen title and meanwhile Luminous Engine was being developed and then reworked from scratch for current gen (shifting an engine from PS3 CELL to current gen platforms is not a granted easy task) and faced many hurdles in the process. There is no certain fact or proof that a newer FF game or new IP will meet the same fate since the Luminous Engine is already well established by now and devs are doing more tests with it using different hardwares (Agni's Philosophy multiple tests and KINGSGLAIVE running real-time etc...)

Final Fantasy XV threads always move quickly when people are upset. It's kind of mystifying but cool to be honest.

Oh well. I'm excited for more content! Especially Ardyn and Luna.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I view FF MMO's as a revenue machine, yes they got their stories and whatnot. But I wouldn't categorize them alongside the SP ones. And yeah that overhaul 14 got is nothing short of a miracle.

Doesn't matter how you categorize or view them. :p

They are full Final Fantasy titles.

That's going to be the case moving forward one mainline per gen,

Perhaps. We'll see. This gen still has a lot of time left in it.

Top Bottom