• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I liked the old thread title. It's like the fat kid on the playground that makes jokes about how he's fat. You can't be all, "HEY FAT KID IS FAT" because the fat kid is fat and he knows it. It's like taken off the table in terms of exploiting his insecurities. Now you will have schoolyard bullies swarming.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thats strange, on the first page alone there are:

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. |OT2|
Cheap Arse Gaffer (Euro Gaming) |OT2|
STEAM announcements & updates 2011 |OT3| Buy now, play later.
The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |OT3|

Those aren't games, don't see why consoles can't have OT's. /shrug

That's what i thought was weird.

Takao

Banned
Maybe duckroll didn't read my OP or misunderstood this thread as another "bitch about Vita" thread or something? Even the 3DS Japanese Launch thread used "|OT|"...

Jonnyram

I think they just updated the rules a few weeks ago and those other OTs are legacy. I wouldn't worry about it too much as it doesn't make much difference either way. I'm not fond of "OTs" anyway.

klee123

Just watched the Ragnarok Odyssey trailer that andriasang posted:
http://andriasang.com/comzcc/ragnarok_odyssey_trailer/

Didn't realise the music was by Kumi Tanioka :O
Suddenly quite interested in this. But somewhat apprehensive as it's GungHo.
Is it real, real Game Arts developing it? Or are they abusing the name?

I actually like the fast paced gameplay of this. Could lead to some really interesting co op games if done right.

Curious how many people that just picked up a 3ds have the cash for a vita this weekend over there.

Do people wait in lines for days in a japan aka hire a hobo to wait for you?

And ewwww bilinear filtering... That makes games look better???

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I actually like the fast paced gameplay of this. Could lead to some really interesting co op games if done right.
Too bad it doesn't have online multiplayer and the gameplay itself seems kind of shallow.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I saw your play impressions and was disappointed as I am really looking forward to this one. Hoping that it ends up turning out well.
If it turns out that the retail version is actually good (has tons of content etc.) I'll probably buy it, because I'm (or rather was) a huge Ragnarok Online fan.

klee123

Too bad it doesn't have online multiplayer and the gameplay itself seems kind of shallow.

I'm not too fussed about the lack of native online MP, because hopefully Sony's ad hoc party will be compatible with the vita once ragnarok hits, but the shallow gameplay is a concern =(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
No reviews in Famitsu for Vita launch - so what's the point of bothering reviewing them at all if the games will be already out?

yokless.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Just watched the Ragnarok Odyssey trailer that andriasang posted:
http://andriasang.com/comzcc/ragnarok_odyssey_trailer/

Didn't realise the music was by Kumi Tanioka :O
Suddenly quite interested in this. But somewhat apprehensive as it's GungHo.
Is it real, real Game Arts developing it? Or are they abusing the name?
It looks like it'd be interesting in single player too, I'm actually interested. It looks like a Game Arts game despite being real time, I doubt they're just using the name.

I'm not sure. Didn't Game Arts also develop that 2D Ragnarok RPG that was released a few months back on PSP?
Don't think so.

No reviews in Famitsu for Vita launch - so what's the point of bothering reviewing them at all if the games will be already out?

yokless.

Dengeki is doing their special issue, arent they?
I mean not like it's worth listening to both of those publication's reviews anyway.

Amir0x

Banned

yokless.

No Famitsu reviews for Vita games!? Oh God...I...I don't know what to even think anymore! How will I choose games!?

Argyle

Thread title changed? Preorder cancelled!

Preorder numbers are quite big - Amazon sold out of it's first batch in under 30 minutes and right now it's impossible to preorder a WiFi model (3G preorders are still being taken in Yodobashi and I think Amazon).

You can use your PSN account.

Amazon's site is weird right now, if you keep refreshing the page for each Vita sku you will eventually see a preorder link from Amazon (instead of a third party scalper) show up, but I have no idea if you can actually place a preorder at this point.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
No Famitsu reviews for Vita games!? Oh God...I...I don't know what to even think anymore! How will I choose games!?

well, that wasn't the point - i'm a long term ignorer of anything Famitsu has to say but their value as a review source to -anyone- surely goes straight in the shitter if they can't review a set of launch games.

I just want to reinforce what a useless pile of shit the mag is.

Luigi87

Yeah, if Steam, Android, iOS, and deal threads can have OTs, then I can't see why for the life of me this one doesn't.

Anywho, seeing as I won't be getting a Vita any time soon (certainly not importing, and doubtful I'll have the cash at the NA launch aside for it), I am very interested in the launch figures for Japan.

Specifically due to the whole MoHun releasing on 3DS a week prior to Vita, it is simply something I find curious (I have thought since TGS that perhaps Sony should have moved the Vita up to ship earlier by a couple of weeks, but perhaps said thoughts were unnecessary).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm arriving in Tokyo on Thursday. Hope I don't have any trouble buying one this weekend. Need to pickup a few WiFi ones :eek:

Went to yodobashi and played a little with the demo unit.

Hardware is cool, a little huge but cool nonetheless.

Gravity Daze was stunning but I'm still not sold on the gameplay. Looking foreword to play the final build.

vCViR.jpg

madmackem

Went to yodobashi and played a little with the demo unit.

Hardware is cool, a little huge but cool nonetheless.

Gravity Daze was stunning but I'm still not sold on the gameplay. Looking foreword to play the final build.

vCViR.jpg

Even in photos, daaaaaaaaaaat screen damn you 22nd feb 2012.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not sure if this has been asked, if someone can answer, I'd appreciate it!

<3

I know that Vita media will be region free. But can you change the internal settings to different languages? Also, does anyone know if by doing that it enables some games to be in English? ie Uncharted, etc.

Thx.

I liked the old thread title. It's like the fat kid on the playground that makes jokes about how he's fat. You can't be all, "HEY FAT KID IS FAT" because the fat kid is fat and he knows it. It's like taken off the table in terms of exploiting his insecurities. Now you will have schoolyard bullies swarming.

And then the fat kid picks up the skinny bully and slams him on the ground?

NateDrake

Not sure if this has been asked, if someone can answer, I'd appreciate it!

<3

I know that Vita media will be region free. But can you change the internal settings to different languages? Also, does anyone know if by doing that it enables some games to be in English? ie Uncharted, etc.

Thx.

I believe so, but it won't enable games to be in English. Game would need to have English as an option ie Uncharted. Whereas the Japanese Tales of Innocence for Vita likely won't have an English language option, so unless you know Japanese importing the game would be pointless.

Jonnyram

Uncharted has English, yes. Pretty sure the hardware will let you switch. It's Sony, after all.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I believe so, but it won't enable games to be in English. Game would need to have English as an option ie Uncharted. Whereas the Japanese Tales of Innocence for Vita likely won't have an English language option, so unless you know Japanese importing the game would be pointless.

As far as I know only the asian version of Uncharted supports English.

Gaspode_T

I'm arriving in Tokyo on Thursday. Hope I don't have any trouble buying one this weekend. Need to pickup a few WiFi ones :eek:

You might be in trouble, I heard from a store manager that the Wifi shipments will be far less than the 3G ones. It depends whether or not people line up I guess, if you can find the right small shop to go to they might have a small shipment to put on sale for the people lining up without preorders, but I would guess the amount of Wifi models would be less than 20. Just guessing.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It was good that the title was changed. The original was in poor taste.

First thought when I saw the original thread was "oh,yet another thread whining about the Vita".

Troidal

But will it be delivered on Saturday is the question.

The one I order said "Delivered by 18-20", and I wont be in Tokyo until end of the month, so it's a non-issue.

Would be a nice alternative for those who don't really want to line up and ensure themselves with a unit in a few days.

Just trying to help man.

duckroll

Thats strange, on the first page alone there are:

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. |OT2|
Cheap Arse Gaffer (Euro Gaming) |OT2|
STEAM announcements & updates 2011 |OT3| Buy now, play later.
The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |OT3|

Those aren't games, don't see why consoles can't have OT's. /shrug

Those will get removed too. Thank you for reporting them.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just trying to help man.
You misunderstood me, it's great that you wrote this - I even considered getting my Vita of Amazon instead of local store (you can save a few k yen on all the stuff combined if you buy from Amazon), but it's just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom