• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata New Famitsu Information: Skirt Can Be Removed!?

miku

N8yZBFw.jpg

Just saw Famitsu put the interview up, so I think I'll just translate the part about the skirt.

Rough translation incoming:

--"By the way, any customization for 2B? Will there be changes in clothes pattern?"

Yoko: "Square Enix is hoping to do download contents for it, and there might be different costumes perhaps."

Saito: "We still don't know what is gonna happen in the end, but it looks like you can remove the skirt."

--"Eh? Remove?"

Yoko: "Skirt comes off when you received certain amount of damage."

Saito: "Stop it, it's only white leotard under the skirt."

Yoko: "This is the very first time I talk about skirt removal in an interview out of all the media. But this is good information (laugh)."

Skirt removal is still planning, not finalized yet.

Famitsu

EDIT:
new info from interview. There are lots of contents so wait for full translation

some things from interview

-2B is one of the 3 main characters. But Saito says 'if you talk main character in traditional terms, there are 2' But Yoko insists there are 3.
-There are male type androids in the game as well
-Only androids participate in the battle to reclaim Earth. Humans don't get involved
-There are lots of unannounced weapons
-The flying thing in the trailer is called "Pot" It focuses on long-range attack so players can focus on close range attack
-pot speaks, but act more as navigation and doesn't have any feelings
-There is damage destruction on 2B's skirt. If you take certain amount of damage, it breaks. There is white leotard underneath
-The big enemy that was shown in the trailer is not a boss, but just one of bigger normal enemy. There are some really big enemies in the game
-Platinum games is working so you will be able to ride the Boar
-There are other animals like deer. You can probably ride them as well.
-Next time they release new info will be around Spring 2016.

http://gamestalk.net/nier-automata-8/

EDIT 2:

Read full interview from nier2.com
—What’s the main theme this time?

Saito: A happy ending!

Yoko: I usually don’t have a clear idea of a theme, but there will be happy ending. I want there to be one. No, there will be!

Saito: Yoko had the idea of creating the three-word teaser for E3: NINGYOU, HITO, KIKAI (doll/android, human, robot). Please enjoy speculating what this could mean in the context of the game!

—Do these keywords have a broader connection to the story?

Yoko: Yes, these keywords express the feeling of the story as a whole.

—What was the first thing that you thought about for this title.

Yoko: The budget (haha). I mean, you can’t do anything without thinking about this first.

Saito: In order to get a sense of the budget, we had Yoko-san work on a plan as the foundation. At the time we hadn’t decided on the title “Automata”, but there were other important keywords floating around like “android” and “Living Machines (kikai seimei-tai)”.

—Is there any reason that you decided upon a female-type android?

Yoko: It’s because I like girls. I like them much more than the typical powerful and macho types.

—I have a feeling this character will be quite popular among players.

Yoko: It’s just a personal preference, so I’m sure there are others who would rather have a male main character. We just wanted to go from a female feeling or perspective this time.

Saito: I talked with Akihiko Yoshida about the design, asking him to “create something that people would enjoy cosplaying.” In retrospect, I think he really enjoys creating characters that show off a bit of thigh.

—Does this game connect with the last?

Yoko: There isn’t much of a connection in terms of story, but the world and setting is the same. We didn’t want to make something that forced you to play the previous game to understand what’s going on, so we tried to the best of our ability not to connect things so greatly. If you haven’t played the previous game, you’ll still be perfectly fine.

Saito: Those who have, though, might be pleasantly surprised to see some characters and situations.

—This is the same world as the original NieR? Just the time period is different?

Yoko: Yes, that’s right. Same world, different time.

EDIT 3:

yokotaro tweet:
ファミ通さんにも記事を載せていただきました~>スカートは脱着式!? 『NieR:Automata』の新情報が発表されたパリで齊藤PとヨコオDに 直撃!【PGW2015】 goo.gl/UljYKS

sensui-tomo

going to get this out of the way so i can see how much it happens later in this thread.

Something something Creepy Anime, Ashamed of words and deeds, *insert vita joke here*. (i know its not on vita)

This thread will be loads of fun.

Go_Ly_Dow

There's a more comprehensive breakdown of the interview in the other thread.

new info from interview. There are lots of contents so wait for full translation

some things from interview

-2B is one of the 3 main characters. But Saito says 'if you talk main character in traditional terms, there are 2' But Yoko insists there are 3.
-There are male type androids in the game as well
-Only androids participate in the battle to reclaim Earth. Humans don't get involved
-There are lots of unannounced weapons
-The flying thing in the trailer is called "Pot" It focuses on long-range attack so players can focus on close range attack
-pot speaks, but act more as navigation and doesn't have any feelings
-There is damage destruction on 2B's skirt. If you take certain amount of damage, it breaks. There is white leotard underneath
-The big enemy that was shown in the trailer is not a boss, but just one of bigger normal enemy. There are some really big enemies in the game
-Platinum games is working so you will be able to ride the Boar
-There are other animals like deer. You can probably ride them as well.
-Next time they release new info will be around Spring 2016.

http://gamestalk.net/nier-automata-8/

Yes! You can ride a boar and probably a deer! I am hoping for some more random animals in there. A rhino or a hippo would be great!

So...

Nier,
Guilty Gear's new character,
DOA Extreme.

2016 is truly the age of pantsu.

NeoGaf will be full of Bigots threads.... X-O

Top Bottom