• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Party Chat now Available in Xbox Beta Android App

Bazookaxp

ztarwscls8401.jpg

So far I have been able to test the app with 2 friends on at the same time. The audio quality was on par with PC or Xbox so thankfully no major downgrade. I was using my headphones that contained an inline mic that came with my note 8 to chat with friends, and was told I sound pretty decent during the call. The online mute button on my headphones did not mute me in party chat however you can mute yourself from inside the app manually. It also appears that you must be connected to wifi to get the party chat to actually connect to a room as of right now. Looking forward to see how this handles large rooms of people. Only issue I had was I had 2 instances where it seemed like the app did not recognize me talking. However this only lasted for about a second each time.

Vbrasa

Is this not the exact same thing Nintendo tries to do but get called out for ?

Huuuuuge difference. One has actual voice chat on the console as a choice, the other does not.

I'm not an Xbox One owner, but it's pretty cool that this is a thing, for those that play with their friends on PC.

Metzhara

It's extra cool because you can just party up with friends on the go before hitting that big gaming session.
Xbox, PC, and Mobile all whenever you want it.
That's pretty awesome.

Trup1aya

Is this not the exact same thing Nintendo tries to do but get called out for ?

Not really.

This is specifically for party chat. So a guy who is away from his xbox/pc can chat with his his friends who are on their Xbox/pc/Mobile, even if everyone in the party is playing different games.

This isn’t a requirement for in-game communication.

Gamespawn

Not really.

This is specifically for party chat. So a guy who is away from his xbox/pc can chat with his his friends who are on their Xbox/pc/Mobile, even if everyone in the party is playing different games.

This isn’t a requirement for in-game communication.
But there are services like Discord just for this type of thing.

Top Bottom