• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Szadek

Big Order.
a29.gif

Also, Psycho-Pass 2.
Easily the worst sequel to any anything I have ever seen.

Kalentan

Thanks, that sounds like fan fic garbage of a season. I will give it a pass.

Honestly pretty sure there's fan fiction that are better. Like I haven't checked but there probably are.

Ao is like E7 through the eyes of someone who despised E7 and it's just so fucking bad.

John Blade

I think my worst anime I manage to watch and completed as it's in my collection might be Divergence Eve and the sequel. An anime show which trick you to think this is going to be a fun happy show with fan service which anime fans love.

What you expect to watch is this

but what you got is
  • A sci-fi horror show which isn't great to start.
  • The character development you see in the show is average two dimensional so, you don't really care too much about them even when they have tragic scene with them (and man...they is one which take the cake for it and foreshadow literally in the 1st episode).
  • A story which start okay but just feel dumb when you consider all of this nightmare you will going to watch and be stop if they don't build the space port which go around the planet to somewhere further away from it just in case something bad is happen (which you found out, it did happen in the sequel).
  • An ending which kinda make to you wish you didn't watch the show at all which kinda have a proper ending (if you can say that) in the sequel but that also literally throw a fuck you to the audience who still follow the show.

They isn't really anything for people to watch this anime and might be one of the worst anime I have own.

Also, for the other people here who put show that isn't worst, you have a weird choice of what you define the worst show.

blakep267

A lot of the Gundam shows. I remember being a big fan of Gundam wing, G Gundam, and 8th MS team when they aired on Cartoon Network. But when I went to watch other Gundam shows they just were all Terrible. (I'm not talking about IBO, more late 90's early 2000's)

The shows were all long, drawn out, boring teen dramas more than political robot shows. I think it was Seed that came on toonami at 1 point and I remember staying up every Saturday to watch it and absolutely nothing happening each week

Also Samurai Flamenco. Imo it's garbage in the sense that it's not outright terrible, but I didn't agree with any of the choices the creator made with the show. I think it should've been X, but then it ends up being Y and I hate it

xam3l

But the music in Guitly Crown was the only thing that make me watch the whole thing.
Sawano's score and EGOIST themes are way to good for that.
Apart from that, yeah, Guilty Crown is a massive dump.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
FMAB

Not necessarily 0/10 on it's own individual merits, but for being redundant in general and pointless to watch due to 03 being better in every way.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is a 0/10?
The anime that's pretty much held the crown as top rated on MAL since it came out?

Filing this one under "Contrarian opinions"

I've been watching anime since 1991....this is the only anime I hate worst MC ever and the rest isn't even worth talking about
KILL IT WITH FIRE

73199l.jpg

As the other person in the universe who really disliked this (because NO PERSON IN THE WORLD SPEAK OR BEHAVE AS THOSE CHARACTERS): put out the fire, there is worse.

DemWalls

This one:

xxvd7wgdyazz3no633zghmjje2amywgt_hq.jpg

I don't regret watching it, but... it's just so completely bland. Like, watching paint dry might have more purpose.

At least Guilty Crown, as shitty as it was, was rather spectacular from an audiovisual point of view (from what I remember).

Nikodemos

Seikon no Qwaser/Qwaser of Stigmata was basically the writer saying "I really wanted to make a Hentai but nobody in the mainstream would take it, so I made something as close to Hentai as I could to get it mainstream published and slapped some generic Shonen style bullshit onto it"

The protags super powers are fueled by Breast Milk.
Frankly, I'm far less critical of dumb semi-hentai stuff like Seikon no Qwaser or Sekirei than I am of horrendously botched attempts at earnest adaptations like the atrocity performed on Berserk. At least when you watch something like Hyakka Ryouran, Highschool DxD or Queen's Blade you already know what to expect.

What they did to Berserk should be banned by international treaties.

Also, there's only one true show that is hentai-but-not-completely, and that is Valkyrie Drive.

daveo42

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul. Fuck that show. Throw it in the damn trash.
I only finished it (or will soon) because it was on Toonami. I wouldn't watch that show on something like Crunchyroll if you paid me.

I read the manga in the middle of the first season. The manga (or at least the first manga) was a pretty good read with the right levels of fucked up shit and character/plot progression to keep me interested. The end of the anime shat all over that though. Then it continued to supply a fresh pile of hot shit until there was nothing left but a whimpering fart left by the finale of season 2. God fucking dammit has there never been a worse anime adaptation of a manga.

With how far off the anime was from the manga, they'd need to start from scratch if they ever wanted to do :re.

blakep267

Aldnoah zero actually became funny, because it was a " What Magic is Inaho gonna do this week to save the day"

I fell on the floor laughing when some people were fighting on earth and losing, so Inaho, who is in space, had to go outside his ship in his mecha upside down, calculate the trajectory and fire a single shot down to earth to save the day

My thing is, if probability drives are so strong, why doesn't everybody have the fake eyes

Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam 00 Season 2 and movie.
SAO
Oreimo
Victory Gundam
School Days
Diabolik Lovers

All of these are some of the worst pieces of trash I've ever watched and I really wish that I could erase my memory of watching them.

60263.jpg

Aldonah Zero

Watched it after hearing Gaffers complain what a piece of shit it is and I was not ready.

Everyone, aside from the main character, is worthless. Every. One. How do they function without him? The military itself kneels before him, the entire army is about effective as a wet napkin and they just sit around waiting for him to save the day.

He makes Jesus Yamato look like a well-rounded character with depth.

Yeah I really wanted to like this. The soundtrack was great and I loved the premise but the story and most of the characters were awful. Inaho is fucking ridiculous. He's so OP he'd probably find a way to defeat Saitama.

Oh and wtf at the end of S1? I guess they don't make bullets like they used to.

The worst anime I've watched completely in other words...
probably forgetting something but I'll say Code Geass. The idea it is held as a classic by some, oy. In retrospect I can't identify a single redeemable thing about this anime. I should have known, ass is right in the name.
Though Purpleeyes parody of it is hilarious at least, but you only arguebly need to have seen the original to enjoy that.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
School Days is trash, and the ending is honestly the part that makes the most sense. MC is an otherworldly doofus, so I chock it up to classic karmic retribution.
I've been watching anime since 1991....this is the only anime I hate worst MC ever and the rest isn't even worth talking about
KILL IT WITH FIRE

73199l.jpg

You're not fooling us, CERN!

Mayoiga. I don't watch a lot of anime, but horror titles are easier for me to digest than most other genres. This one was absolute garbage though.

It's about a group of kids who find themselves in a Silent Hill type town that preys on their worst fears (Ex. one girl is afraid of bees and gets chased by bees, a guy who was disgraced at his job for the metro company is chased by a train, etc). It's schlocky stuff, but it's still got some appeal because you know that this is most likely some purgatory where they're all either going to die horribly, or already have and just don't realize it yet.

But then, episode after episode, the cast
stays the same size
. As a viewer, it makes you feel uneasy. Are they really doing this? Surely it's all in service of some bigger upcoming moment right? Then the finale comes and
everyone leaves the town alive, singing a happy song together. Nothing truly significant happens or has happened over the entire story.

It's shit-tier.

memeyoiga.jpg

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
The protagonist had an unsavory urine fetish.

174052.gif

The absurdity of the series as a whole, along with some decent animation, kept me interested. Very, very few harem have ever interested me, and I've only ever liked one for proper.

I think my worst anime I manage to watch and completed as it's in my collection might be Divergence Eve and the sequel.

(Snip)

Great, Divergence Eve sounds like my kind of trash. At least the DVDs can be bought for dirt cheap used.

PillarEN

I don't do the "complete it even if you hate it" thing. Some animes that will never rewatch though are High School of the Dead. Great first two episodes. Really falls apart soon after. Shame.

Gantz. It stretches things out so long. Better than HSotD, but in the end not worth it.

Green Green 13 erolutions - The main series was bad enough but this was practically a hentai in ova form and was complete shit.

Ninja Scroll TV - Just awful... Especially considering how good for its time the movie was for me.

DBZ movie 11 - Fuck bio Brolly, that is all.

Liseda

Not exactly 0/10s but these are the lowest I've rated and somehow completed:

2/10 - Black Bullet - fuck this show, complete fucking garbage.
2/10 - Pupa - this was also laughable bad, at least it was short.
1/10 - Amnesia - easily the worst show I've managed to complete..

John Blade

Great, Divergence Eve sounds like my kind of trash. At least the DVDs can be bought for dirt cheap used.

Well, I wish you luck watching Divergence Eve and when you finish watching the show, go watch Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles, the sequel of the show. A bit more serious in the plot and less fans service (a bit) but not really a big improvement of the franchise (which actually set the bar low when you watch it). Might get weird at the beginning because of those flashback scene (which if you watch the show, might make sense). Also, be prepared to have an ending which feel cheap and make you wonder why did I waste my time watching this franchise as that is how I feel when I am done. Wish you luck.

Update: Few more stuff I start to remember of why the show is bad.
  • CGI Animation - It feel like either a very early CGI animation or very cheap as it look out of place in the show quite a bit. Also, this isn't a small part but quite a bit was shown. You see most of this of the mecha the female characters will be using and the monster and this bring out another issue in the show.
  • Monster or alien. It suppose to be scary (well...the show have horror in it) and unfortunately, it isn't. You can blame this mostly at the cheap CGI look which make it less scary and kinda a joke. Doesn't help even the main character monster isn't look much better in the shot which ruin any horror feel in the show.

kurahador

Blood-C -- I was not ready to witness how stupid and absurd the show get towards the end. It make me sad that the conclusion movie never picks up that madness.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kill la kill is a cancer on humanity and is the reason alien life avoids us.

I prefer 03 version myself. It's actually one of the only anime things I actually like. I attempted to watch Brotherhood at one point but it just didn't really catch my attention.

My co-workers think I'm crazy when I mention this to them. They always argue that it's simply better because it follows the manga. My response is I just don't give a shit and I think the story they told works on it's own merit.

I kinda like both?

You can naturally prefer either one, but they differ so much after a certain point that if you enjoy one I feel you owe it to yourself to at least try the other.

Top Bottom