• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted NGP set before Uncharted 1, has more exploration/fewer gunfights

arne

KAL2006 said:
WTF, so is that French interview completely wrong, what Arne is saying is that it takes place before U1, the french interview says it is between U1 and U2

Christophe made a mistake. :)

Godslay

Banned
Any price estimates for an NGP? I recently fell in love with Uncharted and would buy the hardware for this game alone.

Luigiv

but has more exploration and fewer gunfights, letting people breathe while playing.
Well that's somewhat promising. Don't know if it's enough to make me dip into the series again, though.

Shai-Tan

Banned
revolverjgw said:
They shouldn't do anything different than what they're currently doing. Let Uncharted be Uncharted, it's not Tomb Raider. Anything not involving shooting needs to be simple and painless, it must not hold the player up. I know this offends some people's sensibilities, but Naughty Dog know better than they do. This is an shooting game with pretty interludes to set a pulpy action/adventure mood and I'm sure that's the way it will stay.

The "adventure" segments are fun additions to a shooting game. Playing Uncharted with other people, I find these parts are total crowd pleasers, and as a player it's nice to get a break. I love the atmosphere and sights during them, and they don't take up enough time to make it an "interactive movie", the meat of the action gameplay easily holds up to any other TPS. If I want to solve a challenging logic puzzle or some irritating jumping puzzle, I'll play another game designed with that kind of thing in mind.

All I want is for them to add another 15-20 minutes of this adventure-lite content, something like that extended jaunt on the first island in UC1, or the village/ice caves of UC2. UC1 in particular felt like it needed a chapter like this later on, given how much of it there was early on.

I don't agree at all. A good philosophy for games if they are going to include secondary gameplay or alternate between different types of gameplay is that it should be fun and engaging regardless of what the player is doing, whether it's shooting, exploring, platforming, or doing a puzzle. Not to imply it should be anything like Tomb Raider or any other game with frustrating elements. UC1 has easy platforming but you can fail not guessing a jump right, UC2 it's so automatic it doesn't even feel like gameplay

This is sounding awesome. Naughty Dog seems to be providing significant input into the game, and it seems both they and Sony Bend really get the idea that handheld games should be really different from their console counterparts.

styl3s

Calling it now

wifi only will be 199-249
3g will be 299-349

wifi will not be more than 249, they learned from their mistake with the PSP/DS.

styl3s said:
Calling it now

wifi only will be 199-249
3g will be 299-349

wifi will not be more than 249, they learned from their mistake with the PSP/DS.

Yeah SONY will aproach the NGP like Apple, they will make the NGP WIFI cost $250 and the 3G version $350, just $100 plus like Apple.

Kuran

Banned
I'd pay up to a $1000 for a handheld that could potentially run a straight port of Dark Souls.. I mean, damn. Thank you Sony for having the balls to deliver this device.

Top Bottom