• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricky

Pfff, Sony and Microsoft have been doing HD-remakes for years now. Nintendo ripping off the others once again. Nintendoomed.

... :p

(By the way; Holy shit that looks amazing. This is how you do an HD-remake! If this is any indication of what Nintendo can do I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy and/or Sunshine HD.)

Takuya

Banned
I honestly think the original version looks nicer, despite the huge polygon disadvantage. They ruined the art style on the HD remake.

Reyne

Hmm, yes. I never did like how Wind Waker Link looked like in Smash Bros Brawl, and now they are making the entire game like that.

Hobby

bSpO3g7.jpg

EqTAuuE.jpg

SwNia7o.jpg

iTnuNBS.jpg

Tyv3iWD.jpg

2VKADWp.jpg

wJzNkon.jpg

G6mKXln.jpg

Uv0f0SG.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the game's look, something about it seems off. I'm more interested in the gameplay tune ups, I wonder if they'll put those cut dungeons back in?

OmegaFax

Hopefully, Nintendo will expand or adapt the Tingle Tuner (GBA/GC link) found in the original title with the Wii U controller in some way.

Tan

I honestly think the original version looks nicer, despite the huge polygon disadvantage. They ruined the art style on the HD remake.

Yeah...was kind of my initial impression as well.

Still looks good, just doesn't match the original's vibes.

Shion

I wanted it to look more like Ni no Kuni but anyway.

Add:
- New dungeons
- New side-quests
- More NPCs
- New locations

Remove:
- The Triforce quest

HDR is crazy... and it is an entirely different style. It honestly looks like a fan-made shader mod in some screens.

I sortof get the aesthetic though, it seems to look a bit like clay figurines.. I guess I prefer how the old game looked... really like a cartoon. Good to see Nintendo in the HD era at last though, whew.

Nintendo. Please. You can make this 100% the king of all Zelda games if you cut that Triforce fetch quest out and add dungeons to the end. It would be amazing.

UrbanRats

This looks incredibly awful.
WW on Dolphin looks miles better.
WTF is that bloom and those horrible colors? Also the reflective lights on the characters fuck up the cel shading effect.

Curious about the gameplay improvements, though.

I feel like if this would be any other title, GAF would shit bricks on it.

This feels like they took the models, removed the cel shading, added tons of over-the-edge post processing effects and that's it.

Those textures were painted to work with the cel shaded style. If you just use normal shaders now, it looks off.

First comments I got from colleagues was that it 'looks like something out of Garrys Mod'.

Tiktaalik

It's nice, but Windwaker badly needs gameplay fixes to the end game. The triforce hunt is terrible.

If Nintendo can fix this incomplete title they'll have something really special.

I love the way it looks. As others have said, looks like some claymation-type of shit.

Makes me want an HD Clayfighters... on second thought, maybe an HD Claymates would be better.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It looks awesome but I'm surprised that they moved away from cell shading. Something like those Naruto games or Ni no Kuni would have been preferred, I think.

Ah well, looks great regardless.

jackal27

Banned
Wind Waker is the best traditional Zelda. I think that most people are going to realize this when the remake comes out. I am SO pumped for this.

I have but one request: BROWN SLEEVES

Nimajneb

The lighting looks bad, especially the bloom. Hopefully Nintendo will come to there sense an implement proper cell shading.

I can't wait for this, WW is so good.

iavi

Alright. Wii U purchase fasttracked. This is how you do an HD port. It's different looking, and will actually be a different experience than had they just dolphin'd it. I'm excited as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom