• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Blockbuster UK lists 25 (speculative?) Wii U games in database

SykoTech

Boring and predictable lineup. Pikmin 3 would probably be the only thing that would even begin to interest me in buying a Wii U, and that would likely be a faith interest.

Really hope they bring it for E3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Why are you treating this as if it's fake?

Because there is a much greater possibility that it is fake? If I took a picture of my computer screen like this and added "Red Steel 3" and some one said "Why should we believe this is real?" would you respond with "Why should we believe this is fake?"

This is probably pure speculation on Blockbuster's part with perhaps a little bit of 3rd party knowledge. I mean Shield Pose?

If true, this seems like a pretty decent lineup as launch windows go... but for me, nothing really stands out as a system seller. The main games I'm interested are multiplats on the 360/PS3.

And also, isn't John Harker one of the guys who said he saw the launch lineup and how impressive it was? Or am I mistaking that for someone else..? If I'm right, and the fact that he isn't denying this list...... it could indeed be real (Or at least most of it).

smh, people already own a console that can play these games (PS360).

I guess we'll have to wait til E3 to see if they utilize the tablet in a way that compels consumers to purchase the WiiU over the PS360. Plus show me some Nintendo launch IP.

However, I don't believe the tablet is going to be as revolutionary a gaming device as the Wiimote.

1. People want less plastic gaming shit in their living rooms not more of them.
  2. The iPad's been around for the last several years and several people already have a tablet device of some sort in their home.

Comet

Really hope Nintendo has more for us because that's a weak lineup (particularly the first party offerings)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
smh, people already own a console that can play these games (PS360).

I guess we'll have to wait til E3 to see if they utilize the tablet in a way that compels consumers to purchase the WiiU over the PS360. Plus show me some Nintendo launch IP.

However, I don't believe the tablet is going to be as revolutionary a gaming device as the Wiimote.

1. People want less plastic gaming shit in their living rooms not more of them.
  2. The iPad's been around for the last several years and several people already have a tablet device of some sort in their home.

I think the Wii U's exciting features doesn't come just from the tablet but the combination of the tablet and the TV screen. It's basically like a giant DS except that it becomes a lot more interesting in multiplayer because one person can hide the second screen and see things the other players can't.

EDIT: Also, the Wii U is basically going for an Xbox 360 + Nintendo 1st party titles. Where are these 3rd party exclusives people seem to be indicating they are getting on other platforms?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You know what Zombie is? Also, three Rayman/Rabbids-related games for launch? Damn, Ubisoft.

I think whoever entered that data took every announced game at E3 last year and everything they heard since and just created a tracking number for it. Do I think it's fake? No, personally I don't, but do I think its 100% right? No, it's not. But to say its 'fake' as in, 'this is not a database listing from Blockbuster UK, its something some kid made in photoshop,' i don't believe that either

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed
Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders II
Dirt 3
Formula 1 All Stars
Game Party
Ghost Recon Online
Just Dance 4
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Marvel Super Heroes
Metro: Last Light
Monsters Party
New Super Mario Brothers Mii
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pikmin
Rabbids Party Land
Raving Rabbids
Rayman Legends
Shield Pose
Splinter Cell 6
Sports Connection
Tekken
Your Shape 2013
Zombie

And so, this is how it begins...

Rich!

I think whoever entered that data took every announced game at E3 last year and everything they heard since and just created a tracking number for it.

Well, that's exactly what it is.

On the blockbuster system, if you type in the following command:

FIND WIIU-
or
STA then WIIU-

It brings up a list of all consoles and games listed under that category, along with speculative prices and product codes - this list is from that. It has been there since E3 last year, and every single time a new game is speculated or hinted at, the BB Games team add it on, asking us to try and utilize these to gain preorders.

That is absolutely all it is. Seriously. Do not try and look into it any further than this, because it's a fucking waste of time.

edit: oh, and you guys would have loved to have seen their category lists for the vita before release. almost entirely speculative bullshit, which has been remedied now since release. Exactly the same situation for this here.

Top Bottom