• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Menu Music

Yeah, that's Wii music alright. Ambient, not especially melodic (Mii Maker being an exception), highly relaxing.

Wonder if the Wii Shop Channel (not to be confused with the eShop) will reuse the old music...

Richie

Don't wanna spoil myself just yet. Only heard the Parental Controls', because I'm never using that.

Damn, for what it is, quite good!

...Ye know, I'm aware both are unrelated and all, but it is a bit of a tease to see these atmospheric, enjoyable new compositions for the Wii U's OS, while NSMBU reuses old music...

Medalion

Banned
Nintendo systems always have great memorable music

This time around, very ambient, spacey, relaxing... it does evoke a certain sense of the Gamecube start up menu

Is Nintendo the only company that currently puts music in software menus like this? I can't remember any music from my 360 or PS3.
Vita has menu music and, more importantly, it can be turned off, which is an option I'd love to have on every console/handheld that has menu music.

e: beaten

kitsuneyo

It would be good if they change the music once every year or so, like on the Sky+ programme guide.

I love that Mii Maker music :D

This stuff is like a friendlier BoC!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I absolutely loved the Mii Contest Channel music, so catchy! I never really used the software, but sometimes I would boot the channel up just to hear the music.

Starts at the 23 second

I'll wait for next Sunday to first hear the WiiU music, I like a having little unknown when I boot up a new console for the first time.

Effect

It's like they went to the Zelda or Mario Galaxy team told them to make menu music. Which is likely what happen. Sounds good.

Top Bottom