• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: FINAL STAGE (Sega 3D Classics, 3DS), out December 22 (JP)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

TDLink

I wish they released the compilation exclusive games separately on the eshop also. Give the compilation a few months exclusivity or something sure, but I don't want to have to buy it (and thus rebuy some games I already got on their own) just for new stuff.

I wish they released the compilation exclusive games separately on the eshop also. Give the compilation a few months exclusivity or something sure, but I don't want to have to buy it (and thus rebuy some games I already got on their own) just for new stuff.

They did with just one; Puyo Puyo Tsu in Japan so far.

Hopefully all of them see a release on the eShop worldwide soon enough.

Edit: Gematsu says that it WILL include the mystery #1 game in the OP, sadly I guess the other 4 aren't? :(

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/sega-3d-fukkoku-archives-3-final-stage-announced-3ds

I hope it's something HUGE. Any ideas of what it could be? What would be THAT popular?

Sonic 3? Virtua Fighter? Virtua Racing would've been amazing.

But not as much as VIRTUAL ON!

TDLink

They did with just one; Puyo Puyo Tsu in Japan so far.

Hopefully all of them see a release on the eShop worldwide soon enough.

Edit: Gematsu says that it WILL include the mystery #1 game in the OP, sadly I guess the other 4 aren't? :(

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/sega-3d-fukkoku-archives-3-final-stage-announced-3ds

I hope it's something HUGE. Any ideas of what it could be? What would be THAT popular?

Sonic 3? Virtua Fighter? Virtua Racing would've been amazing.

But not as much as VIRTUAL ON!

Alright well releasing one gives me hope the rest will come eventually.

My totally out there guess for the huge game is panzer dragoon.

Probably will be sonic 3 and knuckles though.

Tizoc

I will accept all 4 of these for the 3rd series
exlOICq.jpg

Uz5L1K.jpg

uT9MC5S.jpg

YMgBlnS.jpg

Uz5L1K.jpg

LewieP

Yeah I reckon Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be the number one request, unless they are excluding games that they are unable to release for licensing reasons.

They did such and good job with 1 & 2. 3 & K is a glaring omission.

I bet their version of Virtua Racer would look fantastic. I'm not so fond of the game, but I do love how it looks. The PS2 version especially looks really nice and smooth.

The 3DS probably wouldn't be powerful enough to handle anything like Outrun 2 or even Sega Rally, right?

Paz

Yeah I reckon Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be the number one request, unless they are excluding games that they are unable to release for licensing reasons.

They did such and good job with 1 & 2. 3 & K is a glaring omission.

I bet their version of Virtua Racer would look fantastic. I'm not so fond of the game, but I do love how it looks. The PS2 version especially looks really nice and smooth.

The 3DS probably wouldn't be powerful enough to handle anything like Outrun 2 or even Sega Rally, right?

If it was built ground up for 3DS I'm sure it could do a perfect Sega Rally, but I doubt it's gonna happen as that seems like a lot of work.

I freakin love these 3D remakes, Space Harrier is *SO* good on 3DS.

ash_ag

I would be disappointed if Pulseman doesn't end up in the Archives considering Sugimori is involved in the compilation project.

@MUWANdo

Banned

retroman

The previous collections contained eight or more games each, so it would be awesome if at least the top 3 requested games would be featured on this final collection. I NEED Outrunners!

I suppose the chances of Golden Axe: The Revenge Of Death Adder being #1 are really slim, though :(

If the slot will be filled by only one requested game, the least Sega could do is put a few really good Mega Drive games on this collection, e.g. Alien Soldier, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Streets Of Rage 3, Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, etc.

Krejlooc

Banned
HOLY FUCK OUTRUNNERS

HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

Is this seriously going to be the first home port of Outrunners worth a damn? The goddamn sequel to Outrun?

HOOOOOOOLY FUCK

retroman

Nitpicking a bit here, but it's Wing War, not Wing Wor. Someone probably thought of Wings Of Wor while making that typo.

Camjo-Z

tfw just finished buying all the games on this collection

It'll still be worth it for those bonus games though (if it even comes out overseas). Clearly #1 will be what I voted for on the survey...
Bonanza Bros.!

retroman

It is... @o@
Holy shit Batman, I'm of to get it now.
Thank you retroman.

You're welcome. Enjoy the game! I think it's fun and quite underrated. I'm really glad Sega decided to create a 3D Classics version of Thunder Blade, even though the game isn't that popular.

Lettuce

Glad to see one more release from them for the 3DS, stocked to see Outrunners and Virtua Racing mentioned, would be great to see Rad Mobile as well

Espiox

It's probably gonna be Turbo OutRun, right? I'd rather have Golden Axe, but I'd be amazed if that was the #1 request.

Wonder what Master System games we'll get.

If Outrunners does come out I hope its the arcade release. Virtua Racing would be sweet especially if it includes the 32X extras (I know purists won't like that).

Knurek

HOLY FUCK OUTRUNNERS

HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

Is this seriously going to be the first home port of Outrunners worth a damn? The goddamn sequel to Outrun?

HOOOOOOOLY FUCK

Genesis port if anything.
I don't think 3DS is powerful enough to emulate the arcade board.

eXistor

Holy shit, Outrunners? Good shit. Hope it comes out over here on cart, I purposefully didn't buy most 3D Classics because I was waiting for a physical release.

It's really sad that Sonic 3 & Knuckles seems to be lost to the ages (outside of something like Steam). Taxman isn't even allowed to release an iOS port of it.

Rlan

It's really sad that Sonic 3 & Knuckles seems to be lost to the ages (outside of something like Steam). Taxman isn't even allowed to release an iOS port of it.

I'm concerned there's some licensing issue with it now, or there isn't but Sega are too worried about people making reference to Michael Jackson's influence that they just don't attempt it.

Just releasing it seems fine (Steam, XBLA), but as soon as you "remake" or "enhance" the game you might have some issues.

Of course, this could all be BS. And the last time Taxman was telling people to bug Sega about a Sonic 3 & Knuckles port, I imagine Sonic Mania wasn't on the cards back then either!

I'd love to have Ristar on this collection. Just one of those cool Megadrive games that really shines.

Yeah, fuck S3&K (and I love that game), if this means there's a chance that Outrunners or Revenge of Death Adder could get proper home releases, I'm pulling for those.

Tizoc

Yeah, fuck S3&K (and I love that game), if this means there's a chance that Outrunners or Revenge of Death Adder could get proper home releases, I'm pulling for those.
Likewise as much as i would t mind s3&k those other games are much more enticing
As long as ab cop is released with them too

Top Bottom