• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

alt27

This might only affect a small number of the GAF Destiny community, but I'm trying to find information about Destiny 2 and the silver shop/eververse in Japan.

I bought Destiny 1 on my US PSN account and played it on my Japanese PSN account as I do with all my games. When the silver store came out, for some reason or another, the Japanese side did not get this feature (If I recall correctly it was something about not being able to refund credits if and when the game ceases service).

If anyone has any information at all about if the silver shop system will return for Destiny 2, and if the Japanese side has changed their conditions, I'm all ears.

I'm not really one for in-game shops but being completely left out/not having the option at all is a bit shitty.

Bungie have not discussed the economy systems yet for D2, but you can bet your net worth thast micro transactions will be in there. Not sure how they will address the issues with Japanese PSN though, I live in Japan but bought destiny via a UK PSN account.

FyreWulff

This might only affect a small number of the GAF Destiny community, but I'm trying to find information about Destiny 2 and the silver shop/eververse in Japan.

I bought Destiny 1 on my US PSN account and played it on my Japanese PSN account as I do with all my games. When the silver store came out, for some reason or another, the Japanese side did not get this feature (If I recall correctly it was something about not being able to refund credits if and when the game ceases service).

If anyone has any information at all about if the silver shop system will return for Destiny 2, and if the Japanese side has changed their conditions, I'm all ears.

I'm not really one for in-game shops but being completely left out/not having the option at all is a bit shitty.

They'll probably just omit it again. They've also turned off silver on the 360 / PS3 versions worldwide, so all the MTs are gone on last gen as well. Hopefully it's just the current setup D1 is in where all the MTs can eventually be gotten for free.

FyreWulff

*sigh*

I just want to play Clash, why are we forced to only play what Bungie wants us to play every week?

Playlist consolidation is pretty standard practice by Bungie as they move onto their next titles. The rotating method basically means you can eventually play a gametype, and it'll actually have people in it, versus what they had before with like what 17 playlists, some of them were going to have 30 minute match times if they didn't do anything.

ramyeon

It's definitely difficult getting players to form fire teams for the low level strikes :( trying to get at least one person for The Summoning Pit and it's just not happening.

It's definitely difficult getting players to form fire teams for the low level strikes :( trying to get at least one person for The Summoning Pit and it's just not happening.

Go into matchmaking and add your random to your party (psn/xbl). Eventually you'll get someone you like.

All the strikes are easily solo as well. But of course it is more fun to play with others.

Magik

Seeing how the crucible has devolved over the 3 year lifespan has me a bit worried for D2.

PvP is such a mess. Basically revolves around ability spam and weapons circumventing special ammo.

Jaykay

Been getting back into Destiny the past few days. I played a lot during the first year, but stopped shortly after TTK came out. I've purchased everything through TTK as of a year and a half ago, so is my best bet to buy the the $30 Rise of Iron to be up-to-date?

Been getting back into Destiny the past few days. I played a lot during the first year, but stopped shortly after TTK came out. I've purchased everything through TTK as of a year and a half ago, so is my best bet to buy the the $30 Rise of Iron to be up-to-date?

Yup

Lgndryhr

Started Destiny back up today. Haven't played since rise of iron release month. Have had a hard time finding people for matchmaking and in patrol areas. Game seems empty. Is this normal now?

Sighs. Guess I'm on my own to do​ some stuff in the game then. Gives me less faith for destiny 2. I'll probably wait a year before I jump in.

Don't sweat it. Hell, me and this random have been stuck on this strike for a good 30 minutes and neither of us refuse to quit.

Sometimes, we can be just as hard-headed.

Need a third? I'm on PS4.

Xbox.

PS4 for D2 but, I got no friends on either.
gyMraUQ.png

How long does it take for Amazon to send out the beta code after preordering? Preordered the PS4 digital deluxe yesterday morning but haven't seen anything yet.

Kyoufu

How long does it take for Amazon to send out the beta code after preordering? Preordered the PS4 digital deluxe yesterday morning but haven't seen anything yet.

It took a few days for me I think. If you don't get one in the next 7 days you can just contact their livechat support and ask for one.

Aw man lol. I'm torn on PC or PS4. Most of my PS4 D1 friends moved on from D1 due to different reasons.
I'm torn as well. I'm taking the 8th off so I'll most likely be playing on PS4 to start. Then once the PC version drops, I'll probably double dip. Cancel the FF14 sub and become the Destiny-Lifer that Bungie wanted me to be. Logging just shy of 1200 hours just isn't going to cut it in D2.

Good to see you can still queue up for strikes. Did a bunch of legacy ones trying to hit level 40.
They're a lot easier now. I'd wipe with randoms on the summoning pits all the time after launch lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I'm sure we've got a few sword bearers here. I just ran with a random group on LFG at Crota and the sword bearer got his health down to just under the R in the first wave.

My normal group doesn't do this. Does anyone know of a good combo to use which would achieve it?

ramyeon

Finished the Vanilla campaign yesterday, I really enjoyed it despite the somewhat barebones story. I felt really OP by the end of it, I didn't grind at all but ended up at level 24 which was way beyond the suggested level (And indeed over the Vanilla level cap) and had rare loot dropping left right and center. I imagine it would be a different experience back when it first released!

Time to move onto the expansion content.

Deku Tree

So I'm sure we've got a few sword bearers here. I just ran with a random group on LFG at Crota and the sword bearer got his health down to just under the R in the first wave.

My normal group doesn't do this. Does anyone know of a good combo to use which would achieve it?

I am assuming they were using WoL and got in two big combos perfectly with a super. Not easy to pull off. Or got in three downs. See Dattos video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM

Gragen

Hey guys, quick question. What LL do legendary engrams max decript at? When I stopped playing back in the fall they stoped at 385. I just had a few decrypt at 390 with my LL at 387.

Thanks.

Only Pro sword bearers can pull it off :p

C8bvjRnUwAIdGKL.jpg

1 combo, 2 slams
1 combo, 2 slams + super.

WoL bubble is required. Sword timing + max agility helps a lot.

Spec for maximum agility, raid boots that give +agility, gloves with +melee speed and weapon with +2 agility.

Dthomp

The Destiny gods have been crapping all over me tonight. I've played well myself, problem lies in the either games in progress or games of 6-4 where I'm on the 4...

Was hoping to get some of these 10 wins I need for DO Exotic class item, not likely to see even 1 win tonight.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm torn as well. I'm taking the 8th off so I'll most likely be playing on PS4 to start. Then once the PC version drops, I'll probably double dip. Cancel the FF14 sub and become the Destiny-Lifer that Bungie wanted me to be. Logging just shy of 1200 hours just isn't going to cut it in D2.

same boat.....double dipping

whatever at least when PC launches I can skip cut scenes and stuff and get to the niddy griddy stuff with my community

I'll double dip if they have account transfers. Otherwise it's not worth it for me. I love all 3 classes and really enjoy playing the game as a collector. Filling bars, completing everything, getting all loot. No way do I want to do that on two platforms. I just want all my stuff under one profile so I can bask in its glory when I complete my objectives and become legend TM.

What I wouldn't do for a kiosk with all armor sets. Omg.

Arrrammis

I'll definitely double dip if there's cross-saves,but even if there's not I might double dip and just play the PS4 version super casually with some college buddies who liked Destiny, but didn't play much endgame stuff (were never interested in raiding or even IB, just play some strikes or crucible). Gonna be no-life-ing it on PC though.

GlamFM

Banned

C8bvjRnUwAIdGKL.jpg

1 combo, 2 slams

Spec for maximum agility, raid boots that give +agility, gloves with +melee speed and weapon with +2 agility.

Uuuuhhhh... I´m taken!

FyreWulff

NF is Dust Palace - Epic, Berserk, Small Arms, Chaff, Match Game

edit: annnd knocked off due to stability update on PS4. watch out for that.

strikes are Solar, Beserk, and Brawler
story is Void and Small Arms

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'll definitely double dip if there's cross-saves,but even if there's not I might double dip and just play the PS4 version super casually with some college buddies who liked Destiny, but didn't play much endgame stuff (were never interested in raiding or even IB, just play some strikes or crucible). Gonna be no-life-ing it on PC though.

I told myself I wouldn't double dip unless it was cross save...but who am I kidding? I know I will on the PC release to supplement my PS4 Pro main account.

Really, what Bungie is doing, staggering the releases, is by far the best idea for them to get a massive double dip pool going forward. As long as they give it a decent gap like 3-4 months minimum, then they'll get a ton more sales (but lose a few who only want PC and give up I guess).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone else had issues with silver dust vanishing? I had 25 on Friday, bought a shader for 15 so had 10 left over. Just did some games today and got 4 from two crates. So that leaves me with 14, went to put it in the vault and the 10 from Friday has gone. Doubt I can do anything since it was dust from rewards not purchased.

I am assuming they were using WoL and got in two big combos perfectly with a super. Not easy to pull off. Or got in three downs. See Dattos video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM

C8bvjRnUwAIdGKL.jpg

1 combo, 2 slams

Cheers guys, had another go last night and my friend managed to get close to it. A lot better than what our other sword bearer had been doing.

Dalek

Are there still scheduled raids for GAF on Thursdays? I need to do all the Raids for my Triumphs still and I'm someone who never has time to raid.

Actually-is anyone planning to do Vault of Glass tonight PST? I've done the raid before 4 or 5 times but I don't know anything about the Challenge mode.

ramyeon

No raid matchmaking is really confounding to me. I'm working my way through the DLC content now and I'd really like to try Vault of Glass and Crota's End but getting together a 6 man group, especially taking into account timezones etc. is going to be so difficult.

Sigh, the Heroic Story playlist doesn't count for the Rise of Iron book's heroic story mission node. Void burn was the only thing making these tolerable.

Top Bottom