• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I want Hsien-Ko to be in the roster.

I'll also be greedy in wanting both Masamune and Yukimura from Sengoku Basara.

That is all.

MrCarter

I doubt Marvel has any power in which characters Capcom can use from thier own IP's. I really want Ken in this game and maybe a good power stone character.

Neoxon

I doubt Marvel has any power in which characters Capcom can use from thier own IP's. I really want Ken in this game and maybe a good power stone character.
As mentioned earlier, there's a rumor that Marvel shot down Demitri due to the Midnight Bliss move.

Lulubop

Since X is likely going to be the soul rep for the X series, I doubt Sigma will be in or playable anyway. So in that case I would like to see protoman or Wily in a mech of some sort reppin the classic series.

Jawmuncher

Honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't get in. He's reasonably popular and has a new game coming up. Why would he get cut of all characters?

Why? 4 just came out...
What makes you say that?

It's a popular series, he was a popular character in 3. He was in 3 even tho he didn't have a game coming out. Weird prospective their brah.

It's because of Dead Rising 4 I say that.
Though thinking about it. It shouldn't matter, at least I hope it doesn't.

There's also word going around that the roster size will exceed expectations.

Let's hope. Somewhere between 32 and 36 characters in the base game seems like a reasonable hope.

I've posted my hopes list before, but as far as what would make me really, really happy regardless of anything else, character-wise:

Capcom: A Power Stone character, one of Hayato or Joker, a non-Batsu Project Justice character, Firebrand, a male Darkstalker, at least one Phoenix Wright character (Edgeworth or Fransziska Von Karma is fine)

Marvel: A Runaway (preferably Arsenic and Old Lace as one whole character), A non-symbiote Spiderman villain (preferably Doc Ock), Luke Cage

I sure hope that we get a Power Stone stage at the very least - the stages from Power Stone 2 are dynamic, and one of those might be a good choice. A Cannon Spike-themed stage would be sweet as well.

As mentioned earlier, there's a rumor that Marvel shot down Demitri due to the Midnight Bliss move.

Is there anything to back that up? There's a lot of misinformation out there about why characters did or did not get in to MvC3 and UMvC3. Plus Marvel's got a lot of genderswapped versions of their characters as it is.

Reposting my desire for a Strider Villain, preferably

Solo
latest

Zesh

There's also word going around that the roster size will exceed expectations.

Wonder what exactly that implies. I believe MvC3 had 36; does this mean that we can expect more than that?

I suppose it wouldn't be too far-fetched considering they seem to be reusing animations from MvC3.

Lulubop

I don't think Demitri is going to get in this time, again because of Midnight Bliss. Sad. I don't think Jedah will get in either because his self mutilation.

MrCarter

Regardless. I don't think Marvel can have a say in which Capcom characters they can use in a game that they are developing. I'm sure it will be discussed but the final word is on Capcom.

Regardless. I don't think Marvel can have a say in which Capcom characters they can use in a game that they are developing. I'm sure it will be discussed but the final word is on Capcom.
They have a say in how their own characters are portrayed, which is why Midnight Bliss is a no go.

brettreyu

Information

Marvel Vs. Capcom Discord: If you want an invite to the chatroom, Quote this to get MVC Discord invite. . For lurkers, if you are interested to join the discussion with MarvelGAF. Feel free to contact me on Twitter. My username would be same.

Invite for discord would be great!

Hoping the Capcom side is pretty wacky with tons of Darkstalkers characters.

Ryce

Darkstalkers has got to be the least popular IP with the most popular characters. The entire series hasn't even sold one million units.

MrCarter

They have a say in how their own characters are portrayed, which is why Midnight Bliss is a no go.

Midnight bliss isn't even that controversial and there are ways to go around that without portraying Marvel characters in a different light. Besides I don't think Capcom would even want to animate that move with every single character in 3D.

Jawmuncher

Darkstalkers has got to be the least popular IP with the most popular characters. The entire series hasn't even sold one million units.

That's the case with a lot of the capcom fighters and games from that era.
It's really surprising.

Hey, remember those Doomsday scenarios people had when UMvC3 and MvC Origins got pulled from the digital stores last gen? How it meant "the end of MvC as a franchise" when literally all that either Marvel or Capcom had to say was Radio silence? How people were saying "Marvel does not appreciate the FGC's "thuggery"?

That was a dumb time.

7Th

If they're adding a second Darkstakers and Deadpool is in the game Bulleta would be a much better choice than Felicia or Hsien-Ko.

Jawmuncher

Hey, remember those Doomsday scenarios people had when UMvC3 and MvC Origins got pulled from the digital stores last gen? How it meant "the end of MvC as a franchise" when literally all that either Marvel or Capcom had to say was Radio silence? How people were saying "Marvel does not appreciate the FGC's "thuggery"?

That was a dumb time.

Well we still have half of that going on.
Still waiting on MVC2 and Origins to be relisted for 360 and PS3.

Jawmuncher

BB is a better choice than Felicia and Hsien Ko just because she plays much differently than them.

Plus she can give us a villain role.
I remember when I was younger thinking BB Hood was the coolest character because of her cute look and how she becomes so menacing when actually attacking.

Jawmuncher

Midnight Bliss is a stupid move anyways, now you gotta animate like 40 different sexy versions of characters

hard pass

Yeah if I brought dimitri back. The move would be nothing more than a life force suck. Wouldn't have the blood or the transformations.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Im Blanking out on Big characters for Capcom

Nemesis
Tron Bonne

so im thinking... Victor(Darkstalker)?
Sasquatch?(Dalkstalker)
Q(SF3)?
Regenerator/IronMaiden(RE4)?
Chainsaw man(RE4) ?
Executioner Majini(RE5)?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just updated Thread OP with a lot of informations. a huge thanks to Neoxon and Enzo_GT for saving my arse. When we get new materials from Capcom or Marvel, I might be tempted to overhaul the OP for better. Thanks everyone for being patience with me, and I really appreciate that.

Top Bottom