• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

In other Fuck UFC 146 news, Dave Herman will be replacing Gabriel Gonzaga vs Roy Nelson.

Can't wait for Sugar Cain and JDS to both pull out.

UFC 146: Mir vs Nelson 2 after Bigfoot pisses hot in a random drug test

In other Fuck UFC 146 news, Dave Herman will be replacing Gabriel Gonzaga vs Roy Nelson.

dave-herman-5.jpg

He hated UFC 146 before it was cool.

Wow.. On tonight's UFC Ultimate Insider JBJ is sitting in a hotel room preparing for a video interview and he gets a tweet from Lebron James wishing him luck, saying he'll be watching. JBJ then proceeds to ask an assistant next to him to take his phone, and then asks her what he should tweet back, then she tweets it. Yup, this dude is fake.

How is this Saturday's show on Fox looking? I need to watch some better sports entertainment, but I haven't watched UFC in a long time (Last show was probably Lesnar v Mir) so I don't really know who any of the fighters are on the card.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Everyone should check out James Thompson's blog if they haven't already, it's actually really good.

http://colossalconcerns.com/

He's so well spoken and articulate. I mean he really speaks well.

Yeah, MMA fighters seem to have a hard time embracing the hate to their advantage, e.g. Jon Fitch.

Jon Fitch is too terrified of his purer-than-pure martial arts going down the slippery slope to pro-wrestling to be anything else than the brown-paper bag that he is.

Heel

How is this Saturday's show on Fox looking? I need to watch some better sports entertainment, but I haven't watched UFC in a long time (Last show was probably Lesnar v Mir) so I don't really know who any of the fighters are on the card.

Not that great of a card on paper. Why they do this for primetime television I'll never know. I guess to build new stars? Even then, where is the promotion?

Don't let that dissuade you from watching, though. Questionable cards on paper usually turn out great.

Just saw Koscheck is on the card. I remember him. He's a pretty good heel.

Didn't Diaz get suspended recently though? I thought I heard Metlzer talking about that on one of his shows.

EDIT: Just saw that it was actually his brother that got suspended. Nevermind then.

Heel

Just saw Koscheck is on the card. I remember him. He's a pretty good heel.

Didn't Diaz get suspended recently though? I thought I heard Metlzer talking about that on one of his shows.

Yeah, Nick Diaz got suspended. Nate is his little brother. That should be a good fight. They have similar styles.

Palhares vs. Belcher is an interesting grappler vs. striker match up to look out for too.

Not that great of a card on paper. Why they do this for primetime television I'll never know. I guess to build new stars? Even then, where is the promotion?

Don't let that dissuade you from watching, though. Questionable cards on paper usually turn out great.
Don't listen to Heel, this card looks awesome.

Heel also said that the recent Fuel card didn't look good and it was great. Much better than the UFC 145 PPV IMO and I predicted that.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
ugh fuck UFC 146.

Evan Dunham is injured, Jamie Varner will be replacing him vs Edson Barboza.

There goes the former potential FOTN.

Either Barboza destroys him spectacularly, or Varner lays on him.

Damn!

Was looking forward to that match up. Well, I guess I'm curious enough to see what will go down with Barboza/Varner.

Heel

Don't listen to Heel, this card looks awesome.

Heel also said that the recent Fuel card didn't look good and it was great. Much better than the UFC 145 PPV IMO and I predicted that.

When I say "doesn't look good on paper" I mean lacking star power, not predicting how the fights will go. It probably will be great. For example, Pat Barry and Lavar Johnson are cans but someone will probably get KO'd silly. I just don't care in the grand scheme of things.

dream

How does one do gay for pay? How would you even be able to get it up if a guy's giving you a blowie and you're not into it?

Heel

Jamie Varner survived not only a fight with Drew Fickett, but his chilling promo too. The man is clearly ready for another shot at the Ultimate. Ninja Scooter will corroborate this fact.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Well least it'll be a show, Herman better get airborn and try kick Nelsons head off.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just want to say goodbye to the sports entertainment era and get back to pure discussions of this wonderful sport we call mixed martial arts.

Heel

Not sure why my good friend yacobud wants to leave us.

That's yacobud's evil split personality "Sire Pentine" talking.

Sire, if you're still there, please do not name your place of origin on your way out. The rest of us are enjoying our insularity and sense of invincibility.

ehh fuck it i'm buying a couple cheapie tickets for 148, worse comes to worse i'll sell em on stubhub.. I'll just drive to Vegas this time.

parrot, just a reminder they go on sale in about 10 minutes.

ehh fuck it i'm buying a couple cheapie tickets for 148, worse comes to worse i'll sell em on stubhub.. I'll just drive to Vegas this time.

parrot, just a reminder they go on sale in about 10 minutes.
I have a feeling they will be gone by the time I get in a position to click the buttons :( I guess I'll be hitting up stubhub in the near future heh.

I have a feeling they will be gone by the time I get in a position to click the buttons :( I guess I'll be hitting up stubhub in the near future heh.
if you make it there in the first 10 minutes or so you should be fine. just don't expect to get the cheapest tier, you can NEVER get those on presale.

so yeah I had 1 ticket dead center in the top level... but fuck it I don't want to be all pissed about this card falling apart when the main event ends up being Ortiz/Griffin 3

Heel

I think yacobud would be better served converting the Wrassle-GAF non-believers.

Their souls need saved, yaco. After a decade of complaining about John Cena, it's time to release them from their vicious Monday night cycle. Sports Entertainment needs a revolution, and you are the catalyst for change.

Top Bottom