• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Nzyme32
Member
(01-03-2017, 09:23 PM)
Nzyme32's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

No Yakuza 0 on PC, y'all
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1330373

This will be a fun thread to reference in future :P
ArjanN
Member
(01-03-2017, 09:25 PM)
ArjanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

No Yakuza 0 on PC, y'all
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1330373

Never coming to PC until it is.
Mr. Smiley
Member
(01-03-2017, 09:26 PM)
Mr. Smiley's Avatar
where is vanquish

why the pushback
AcceptableGhost
Member
(01-03-2017, 11:53 PM)
AcceptableGhost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley

where is vanquish

why the pushback

i would post that picture of the skeleton typing at the keyboard but i think i have posted that in response to sega pc ports about 10 times
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(01-04-2017, 12:44 AM)
Bronetta's Avatar
Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?
jett
D-Member
(01-04-2017, 12:51 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?

Honestly I wonder why did they even release VC in the first place.
TheFlow
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:52 AM)
TheFlow's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Honestly I wonder why did they even release VC in the first place.

to torture people who wanted VC2 and 3 on the pc. or at least consoles.
Theonik
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:53 AM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheFlow

to torture people who wanted VC2 and 3 on the pc. or at least consoles.

It's how SEGA do.
Nzyme32
Member
(01-04-2017, 12:55 AM)
Nzyme32's Avatar

Originally Posted by AcceptableGhost

i would post that picture of the skeleton typing at the keyboard but i think i have posted that in response to sega pc ports about 10 times

Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(01-04-2017, 12:56 AM)
Bronetta's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Honestly I wonder why did they even release VC in the first place.

I guess there was a bunch of those shitty Sonic games.
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:00 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nzyme32

any day now
KimonoNoNo
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:03 AM)
KimonoNoNo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?

Makes me think that the person who spearheaded the PC port push, got let go or was shuffled else where in a company reorganisation.

We'll see in due time what these mythical PC announcements are, but I'm willing to bet they turn into a whole load of nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for at least VF5, anything else is gravy.
Last edited by KimonoNoNo; 01-04-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Uzzy
(01-04-2017, 01:04 AM)
Uzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Honestly I wonder why did they even release VC in the first place.

I can only imagine that there's been a falling out between Sega Europe and Sega Japan at some point.
Mivey
Banned
(01-04-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?

As I said, Atlus convinced Sega to just give up on the PC platform after they were purchased. It adds up chronologically.
Pachael
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:39 AM)
Pachael's Avatar

Originally Posted by celsowmbr

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/stat...13291774672898

Still staying tuned, though Hardin's already ruled out two titles.
s_mirage
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:42 AM)
s_mirage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uzzy

I can only imagine that there's been a falling out between Sega Europe and Sega Japan at some point.

IIRC Sega Europe were scaled down, and Sega Japan is just being as they always have been: clueless muppets. Don't get me wrong, they've produced good games over the years, but their management seem to have a painful history of missed opportunities, unjustified arrogance, and horrible misreading of markets.
ZoddGutts
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:30 AM)
ZoddGutts's Avatar
Maybe they saw the sales of Sonic Lost World and said "see ports to PC are a waste of time!" Seriously who even ask for a port of that game?
CertifiedFP
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:34 AM)
CertifiedFP's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZoddGutts

Seriously who even ask for a port of that game?

Sonic fans.

Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(01-04-2017, 02:39 AM)
Bronetta's Avatar

Originally Posted by CertifiedFP

Sonic fans.

Lmao Tell 'em
always crazy bacon
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:43 AM)
always crazy bacon's Avatar
Still no news on Vanquish? It's been requested enough.
IcyRhythms
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:51 AM)
IcyRhythms's Avatar
Leaving money on the table for some of these games. The struggle is real for JRPG's in today's industry as it is. You would think that they want all the help they can get.
Celcius
Member
(01-04-2017, 05:28 AM)
Celcius's Avatar
Still holding out hope for Jet Set Radio Future
ArjanN
Member
(01-04-2017, 10:02 AM)
ArjanN's Avatar
I see we've returned to out regular scheduled chicken-little-ing.

Originally Posted by KimonoNoNo

Makes me think that the person who spearheaded the PC port push, got let go or was shuffled else where in a company reorganisation.

We'll see in due time what these mythical PC announcements are, but I'm willing to bet they turn into a whole load of nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for at least VF5, anything else is gravy.

I think Sega on PC have just been pretty conservative and like to bet on mostly sure things, and that means known quantities get priority over porting older stuff. Yeah, VC was a big hit, but that doesn't mean everything else will be.

That said, I do expect them to still have to occasional classic port in between Football Manager, Total War, Dawn of War etc.
GhostTrick
Member
(01-04-2017, 10:05 AM)
GhostTrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArjanN

I see we've returned to out regular scheduled chicken-little-ing.



I think Sega on PC have just been pretty conservative and like to bet on mostly sure things, and that means known quantities get priority over porting older stuff. Yeah, VC was a big hit, but that doesn't mean everything else will be.

That said, I do expect them to still have to occasional classic port in between Football Manager, Total War, Dawn of War etc.



Not everything else will be. But selected titles could be. Bayonetta ? That's a sure thing. Vanquish ? High chances. Yakuza ? At least over 100k. Resonance of Fate ? Not guaranted but still can carry some good word of mouth. Virtua Fighter 5 ? Maybe too late to the party.
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:24 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celcius

Still holding out hope for Jet Set Radio Future

If JSRF comes out on PC I hope someone can mod the game to make it actually fun
PantsuJo
Member
(01-04-2017, 01:38 PM)
PantsuJo's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

If JSRF comes out on PC I hope someone can mod the game to make it actually fun

w
u
t
TimmiT
Member
(01-04-2017, 02:28 PM)
TimmiT's Avatar

Originally Posted by CertifiedFP

Sonic fans.

I don't remember there ever being a huge demand for a PC port of Lost World. General consensus was that nobody really cared for the game in the first place.

Sonic fans are asking for a Sonic Unleashed PC port, though fwiw that's seemingly more because of the modding community than because of how good the game is.
Last edited by TimmiT; 01-04-2017 at 02:40 PM.
sixteen-bit
Member
(01-06-2017, 01:14 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
SEGA registers Shenmue HD domain

Thread Tools