• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sorian

Banned
No lynching also gives you and Sawneeks another chance to hit scum.

With Darryl's flip and this tracker claim, we're already at more PRs than I was expecting and if that tracker claim is real then I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we aren't long for this world.

Sophia

With Darryl's flip and this tracker claim, we're already at more PRs than I was expecting and if that tracker claim is real then I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we aren't long for this world.

Can't you still block the night kill tho?

rac

Banned

so we should go after someone who hasn't claimed

if you are so sure about us being scum why block Ty4on and Trigger last night?

Sorian

Banned
Can't you still block the night kill tho?

Yes but that's only helpful if we get the game down to one scum. We can't report ahead of time who we blocked because then they would just kill with the other team--

It was at this point, I realized why this was a derp answer. Though it still doesn't allow us to clear a town player with our block because of the same issue.

Sophia

Yes but that's only helpful if we get the game down to one scum. We can't report ahead of time who we blocked because then they would just kill with the other team--

It was at this point, I realized why this was a derp answer. Though it still doesn't allow us to clear a town player with our block because of the same issue.

I was thinking more if you stopped the night kill, you'd effectively be a cop.

Sorian

Banned
so we should go after someone who hasn't claimed

if you are so sure about us being scum why block Ty4on and Trigger last night?

I'm not, I'm sure Ty and Trigger or Kark and Xbro is scum but Sawneeks is dead set on you two. I promised if I couldn't prove it on one of them with a block that we'd go for you because at this point I'm screwed on reading you two.

The correct play in mylo is always to no lynch because it forces scum to kill off someone and you have less teams to choose from. 4 people with 1 scum left is easier to hide in than 3 people with 1 scum left.

Oh, yeah, of course. That makes sense. Thanks.

Natiko

Banned
There is no downside and I've said as much here and in our chat, it's just I also highly doubt we are in mylo, I don't see a world with 4 scum teams for this game. I already agreed with Sawneeks that if we didn't stop a kill with Ty that I'd vote with her on rac and acohrs if we were still alive.

I was afk since I just got to work an hour ago though so didn't realize we were voting already.

VOTE: Rac

For the record, I'm also highly doubting that there is a neutral here, there's been nothing to indicate one and I don't think there are enough suspicious people left to justify a scum team AND a neutral imo.
I just don't see a good reason to lynch today without knowing for sure if we are or aren't in mylo so I don't think I'm good with putting a vote on someone. I will say I feel a little better about the odds of there only being two scum boats left now that we've seen Fran's claim. Tracker and roleblocker would be a decent town PR base.

That being said... I still strongly suspect one or two scum boats are among the top posters in this thread. I strongly doubt Fran/Worm are scum. Ouro is dead. Muffin was replaced and I don't think ever felt like a true top poster despite what the numbers would say. Monkey only came in part way and replaced an inactive slot. That leaves Ty, you, Sophia, and Crimson. I find it doubtful my vote will land on anyone but Sophia/Crimson until they're dead. I still think they are the most likely pair to have bussed kit. I still think they established themselves early and have been coasting since then. They went for the easy lynch yesterday too. As far as candidates outside of the top posters my money would still be on Kark.

Sophia

Yes, I realized that which is why I derped myself but i mentioned the bolded because we can only red check, we can't green check if they kill us.

Hmm.. that's some hardcore doubt regarding this game not being in Mylo then. :eek:

For what it's worth, I liked Sawneeks's post on Rac and Acohrs.

rac

Banned
I'm not, I'm sure Ty and Trigger or Kark and Xbro is scum but Sawneeks is dead set on you two. I promised if I couldn't prove it on one of them with a block that we'd go for you because at this point I'm screwed on reading you two.

ok so you block ty and trigger from getting a nk

how does that clear achors and i

Sawneeks

Banned
So that's where I'm at. I haven't actually gone very indepth, but it just clicks for me.

Since you are on this topic for a second what are your thoughts on Crimson/Sophia's votes for Days 1 and 2? You may have already given then but I don't remember. :x

Given what you just said why are you pushing a vote if you admit there's some chance we're in mylo? What would be the downside to no lynching today regardless?

I feel somewhat confident on them and that we're at a 3-boat Scum Team but if people want me to remove the vote for now I will.

I've never actually No Lynched this late in a game but Sorian and I discussed it a bit and we aren't totally against it. I do worry that not having a vote record other than a No Lynch wouldn't help find Scum but I get the logic in forcing Scum to narrow down the list and trying to read it from that. I personally would rather try and lynch scum though...

Also to your Acohrs' meta read I will agree he is playing more aloof than he usually does but at this late in the game I don't know if that's enough for me to say Town.

I just don't see a good reason to lynch today without knowing for sure if we are or aren't in mylo so I don't think I'm good with putting a vote on someone. I will say I feel a little better about the odds of there only being two scum boats left now that we've seen Fran's claim. Tracker and roleblocker would be a decent town PR base.

That being said... I still strongly suspect one or two scum boats are among the top posters in this thread. I strongly doubt Fran/Worm are scum. Ouro is dead. Muffin was replaced and I don't think ever felt like a true top poster despite what the numbers would say. Monkey only came in part way and replaced an inactive slot. That leaves Ty, you, Sophia, and Crimson. I find it doubtful my vote will land on anyone but Sophia/Crimson until they're dead. I still think they are the most likely pair to have bussed kit. I still think they established themselves early and have been coasting since then. They went for the easy lynch yesterday too. As far as candidates outside of the top posters my money would still be on Kark.

I feel like you've explained this to me before but how do you read their votes as a bus? I still have issues with them but it's one I'm less certain of.

Sorian

Banned
Hmm.. that's some hardcore doubt regarding this game not being in Mylo then. :eek:

For what it's worth, I liked Sawneeks's post on Rac and Acohrs.

I'm confused what the mylo and the block conversation have to do with each other at this point? I'd obviously like a smaller pool to block from where possible which is why I'm not up for an early mylo than necessary.

ok so you block ty and trigger from getting a nk

how does that clear achors and i

It doesn't but it damns whoever was blocked and now I don't care about you until the next day phase at earliest.

Natiko

Banned
Since you are on this topic for a second what are your thoughts on Crimson/Sophia's votes for Days 1 and 2? You may have already given then but I don't remember. :x

I feel somewhat confident on them and that we're at a 3-boat Scum Team but if people want me to remove the vote for now I will.

I've never actually No Lynched this late in a game but Sorian and I discussed it a bit and we aren't totally against it. I do worry that not having a vote record other than a No Lynch wouldn't help find Scum but I get the logic in forcing Scum to narrow down the list and trying to read it from that. I personally would rather try and lynch scum though...

Also to your Acohrs' meta read I will agree he is playing more aloof than he usually does but at this late in the game I don't know if that's enough for me to say Town.

I feel like you've explained this to me before but how do you read their votes as a bus? I still have issues with them but it's one I'm less certain of.
Given the pair structure of this game I don't think we're going to get forcibly turboed by scum regardless. Very unlikely four town votes get placed on one person and then all of the scum team shows up simultaneously. I personally just think no lynch is the right move to be on the safe side.

By process of elimination. I doubted nin was bussing as he easily could've pushed the lynch away from kit but didn't even at the annoyance to his partner. We now know he was town. I highly doubt Fran is scum. I still doubt that you're scum - just seems like a very unnecessary claim as scum. I will say today has made me a bit less sure, but not enough to change my mind. That leaves Ty/Trigger, Crimson/Sophia, and Xbro. Ty's vote was the first one and he had been pushing kit even the day before. That's one really early and committed bus. Xbro came in last and I could see being a scum vote, and as I said as far as lower activity boats go this would be my pick for scum.

But Crimson and Sophia are the interesting one to me. They come in and vote in the middle of the phase, present no outward argument, and when pushed to justify it mainly reference private posts. Neither of them really pushed the lynch. They weren't laying out an argument as to why people should vote with them. Sure kit gets lynched ultimately but say nin votes with Darryl - kit may have avoided being lynched. Say Ty doesn't argue for the lynch and convince Trigger - kit may have avoided being lynched. That's why it feels like a bus to me. They didn't do anything to drive the lynch and were passive through most of that phase, almost as if they were hoping town would potentially swing the vote away from kit.

Sophia

But Crimson and Sophia are the interesting one to me. They come in and vote in the middle of the phase, present no outward argument, and when pushed to justify it mainly reference private posts. Neither of them really pushed the lynch. They weren't laying out an argument as to why people should vote with them. Sure kit gets lynched ultimately but say nin votes with Darryl - kit may have avoided being lynched. Say Ty doesn't argue for the lynch and convince Trigger - kit may have avoided being lynched. That's why it feels like a bus to me. They didn't do anything to drive the lynch and were passive through most of that phase, almost as if they were hoping town would potentially swing the vote away from kit.

If you're referring to the Kitsune lynch, almost all of this is untrue.

1) We voted near the end of the day phase. Dates show August 10th for both of our votes, same day the lynch

2) I was actively engaging Kitsunelaine throughout part of Day 2.

Something about Kitsune's read on Fran/Dr. Worm feels off and I can't quite place my finger on it. Like there's a lot of fluff and weasel words in an attempt to make the read seem bigger than it actually is. The biggest example being right here:

Cut out the bullshit and get to the point. There's no reason to fill your reads with stuff like this unless you're trying to lead others on.
I mean if he thinks you're scum, then that's the logical accusation. It's kind of the Mafia's goal to twist and lie about stuff... : \
I mean, I was kinda sorta directly involved with the conversation you make here...

... and I have no idea what you're talking about with the bolded. Neither of which were implied when we had this conversation on Day 1. In the first case in particular, he's basically saying "Why is that a town tell?"
A lot of times I notice these "duels" just turn into word salad with a side of fallacies. It makes it difficult to follow a bit. Darryl vs Fat/Sorian for example just left me scratching my head and looking for the little details, so I ended up kind of feeling meh about both pairs. I got a similar feel with kitsunelaine's read of Fran/Dr.Worm. A whole lot of fluffy words, not a whole lot of getting to the point. *shrugs*

3) Yeah *I* did reference private conversations a little bit. Not so much Crimson tho. I've also put that info out there on the table as I'm not busy now.

Natiko

Banned
If you're referring to the Kitsune lynch, almost all of this is untrue.

1) We voted near the end of the day phase. Dates show August 10th for both of our votes, same day the lynch

3) Yeah *I* did reference private conversations a little bit. Not so much Crimson tho. I've also put that info out there on the table as I'm not busy now.

1) Poor phrasing on my part. You voted prior to the flurry of day end activity and then you just let your vote be.

2) Ah yes, a whole four posts in which you don't even say too much outside of maybe the first one. Then instead of trying to really sway anyone as to why kitsune was scum and should be lynched we get the following exchange when you vote several pages after your four previous posts:

Voting with my partner for now.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

I really want to know why people want to vote fep/kitsune over Dr Fran.

Cuz I have a scum read of Kitsune, and a slight town read of Fran. :p

Well that's definitive proof if I've ever seen it

Well I didn't say it was definite proof! You asked why, so I told you why...

You told me the end result of your "why"

So I've got to get going but I want to get my final thoughts out.

I still don't see the Scum Reads on Muffin, call it a gut read if you will but I'm not feeling their lynch. Especially with this little back-and-forth with Darryl it feels like Muffin is genuinely frustrated and exasperated with how it's going and how Darryl isn't budging. I'm fine with Ouro/Kit/Darryl getting the axe if it comes to it and it's why I voted for Ouro to get a choice going to see where others fell into place ( call it the Sorian method if you will ) but I wouldn't mind any of those 3. I'm also rather indifferent on Dr. Fran; I'm going with Sorian's lead on this one and would much rather see Ouro/Kit/Darryl go first.

As a side note this is roughly the second time this Day Phase I've seen Sophia only give partial answers and have to be prodded to give more. Why are you holding your thoughts back, Sophia?

Wait, what? That wasn't a partial answer... o_O;

He asked "Why are people voting Fep/Kitsune over Fran/Worm?" and I gave him an answer! Not my fault Ouro can't be assed to properly ask any follow up questions. : |

I assumed you understood what the word "why" meant.
But fine, I'll spell it out:

"Why do you have a slight town read on Dr Fran and why do you have a slight scum read on Fepsune?"

Let me put it this way, trying to get your full thoughts/opinions on things is like trying to pull teeth. You'll give just enough to somewhat answer the question but won't go into detail with the rest of your thoughts and just aren't putting yourself out there.

My question is why.

Much better! You're learning how to ask follow up questions! :p

I haven't really seen anything that shouts out "major scum" on Fran's part, and his behavior is familiar with what I know of town!Fran from previous games. Dr. Worm likewise hasn't done much to trip my radar after he stopped his early shit posting. As for Kitsunelaine, I really didn't like her earlier read on Fran/Dr Worm, as I noted at the time. I have less of a read on FEP, but my partner felt confident voting there, so I'm voting with my partner. There's also the fact that Kitsune was very defensive on Day 1, which kind of comes tom ind too.

You know, answering the question correctly in the first place would save you and your teammate a lot of shade-throwing.

*shrugs*

At any rate, gonna try and make sense of the Darryl/Muffin spat.

You went out of your way to avoid having to address the topic and then as soon as you did you shifted away from the discussion again. Boy, it really does seem like they were your top scum read and the lynch you wanted to happen. Or am I just saying more things that are supposedly not true?

3) You're a pair. The private conversations referenced by you are some of the only indication we have as to why Crimson voted on kit. I get that he was busy at day end, but there's not exactly much progression to be found on his part. It just happens and then you sort of explain it away later (and in the case of the 'full info' you put out way, way later).

So I'm working through some of the theories that are on the table. Flush and I had xKark down as town because they came right out with the silence report and we didn't think anyone else got hit. BUT I've also now looked back at Day 2 and while Xbro starts posting early about not digging the d1 lynch, Kark comes in at 27 minutes into the day and announces the silencing. Ty went over this already. I wanted to look at the other teams that day, though. If xKark is scum, others were silenced, too.

Kark was the first to mention that the power would be good against scum. I don't think the whole scum vs just boat discussion happens until Schmuffin brings it up, though there was some dancing around it thanks tot hat post by Kark. Noteworthy this day is that fepkits goes to the block and people keep suggesting they were bussed. Could well have been a sacrifice to get rid of the newbie, the one most likely to screw up, in case of more silences. fep was clearly frustrated about something. Could have been silenced.

Sophia voted with Crimson that day. Did not move her vote though she was there at end of day. Things were close. She could have moved it and it might have looked suspicious, but Crimson's vote was still on kits so they probably could have pulled it off. Xbro was the last kits vote, though. It wouldn't have saved them, though, just dropped it to 8-6 if Dr. Worm kept his vote on Sorian. Would have tied it had she changed directly. Would scum try to get the tie in at the last second to try to cause chaos votes? She could have.

I wanted to dig into this because I came into it thinking maybe I could find some evidence in favor of a scumSophist since that was being floated but mostly what I got here was inconclusive. Still putting it out there for others.

asks why I thought rac was defeatist

I just didn't feel like his posts were very motivated. Like you said, he throws out some things but doesn't really follow up on them. And like here, he just seems disengaged (how can silencer and roleblock claims not give info?). Way more concerned about the OK lynch in terms of PRs than probably is merited. I don't read that behavior as particularly scummy but I find it worth noting since racohrs doesn't have a huge presence in general.

Natiko

Banned
I just didn't feel like his posts were very motivated. Like you said, he throws out some things but doesn't really follow up on them. And like here, he just seems disengaged (how can silencer and roleblock claims not give info?). Way more concerned about the OK lynch in terms of PRs than probably is merited. I don't read that behavior as particularly scummy but I find it worth noting since racohrs doesn't have a huge presence in general.
Yesterday with a town boat easily the front runner for being lynched why would scum rac/acohrs push for a Sorian lynch and ignore the momentum on Star entirely? If your answer is because of Sorian's PR why do scum not kill Sorian last night then if it was such a concern?

Sorian

Banned
Yesterday with a town boat easily the front runner for being lynched why would scum rac/acohrs push for a Sorian lynch and ignore the momentum on Star entirely? If your answer is because of Sorian's PR why do scum not kill Sorian last night then if it was such a concern?

Setting up future lynches, getting town to take care of a big threat instead of using a NK to do it, especially if they already knew they wanted to kill Darryl/nin instead. There's a lot of "by the books" reasons why scum would just let town devour an easy lynch like that while staying off to the side.

Natiko

Banned
Setting up future lynches, getting town to take care of a big threat instead of using a NK to do it, especially if they already knew they wanted to kill Darryl/nin instead. There's a lot of "by the books" reasons why scum would just let town devour an easy lynch like that while staying off to the side.
They don't need to stick their necks out to setup a lynch on you. They can just not night kill you and we'd likely lynch you anyways if we're sure we're in lylo. Taking out Darryl also doesn't add up if their goal was to setup a lynch on you. If scum did want to push a lynch on you then isn't it more likely they would have sent rac/acohrs out with..I don't know..something even remotely resembling a reason for why we should lynch you? For a supposed push by scum it was very weak and lacking any sort of cohesion or sense.

Sorian

Banned
They don't need to stick their necks out to setup a lynch on you. They can just not night kill you and we'd likely lynch you anyways if we're sure we're in lylo. Taking out Darryl also doesn't add up if their goal was to setup a lynch on you. If scum did want to push a lynch on you then isn't it more likely they would have sent rac/acohrs out with..I don't know..something even remotely resembling a reason for why we should lynch you? For a supposed push by scum it was very weak and lacking any sort of cohesion or sense.

Taking out Darryl doesn't add up on anything unless they were there to kill the PR so that's a moot point. As far as reasoning is concerned, I don't see why they would come with anything serious as scum? There's no reason to distract from the easy lynch yesterday and the reasoning rac and Acohrs have been pushing since yesterday is "why is this PR still around?" You say yourself at the start that's how we get lynched anyway, what more reason is needed?

Sawneeks

Banned
Given the pair structure of this game I don't think we're going to get forcibly turboed by scum regardless. Very unlikely four town votes get placed on one person and then all of the scum team shows up simultaneously. I personally just think no lynch is the right move to be on the safe side.

By process of elimination. I doubted nin was bussing as he easily could've pushed the lynch away from kit but didn't even at the annoyance to his partner. We now know he was town. I highly doubt Fran is scum. I still doubt that you're scum - just seems like a very unnecessary claim as scum. I will say today has made me a bit less sure, but not enough to change my mind. That leaves Ty/Trigger, Crimson/Sophia, and Xbro. Ty's vote was the first one and he had been pushing kit even the day before. That's one really early and committed bus. Xbro came in last and I could see being a scum vote, and as I said as far as lower activity boats go this would be my pick for scum.

2) Ah yes, a whole four posts in which you don't even say too much outside of maybe the first one. Then instead of trying to really sway anyone as to why kitsune was scum and should be lynched we get the following exchange when you vote several pages after your four previous posts:

You went out of your way to avoid having to address the topic and then as soon as you did you shifted away from the discussion again. Boy, it really does seem like they were your top scum read and the lynch you wanted to happen. Or am I just saying more things that are supposedly not true?

3) You're a pair. The private conversations referenced by you are some of the only indication we have as to why Crimson voted on kit. I get that he was busy at day end, but there's not exactly much progression to be found on his part. It just happens and then you sort of explain it away later (and in the case of the 'full info' you put out way, way later).

I feel like Natiko is making some fine points here tbh.

I do want to look up something myself though so brb

To be totally honest I don't see how your last quote here shows you being 'actively engaged' with Kits. You just sort of give a blanket 'duels turn into words being thrown about and they just sort of feel meh to me'.

It's also possible they just decided it was better to stay out of the whole lynch entirely to not attract attention should it reflect poorly and instead sit nicely on someone who can easily be mislynched if they just leave them alive: Sorian and I. Say they leave us alive tonight and Rac/Acohrs are here the next Day Phase as well and it's either lynch us or push them, who do you think everyone would go for? The Team that 'hasn't done anything and doesn't stick out' or the team that just didn't die? Rac/Acohrs just need to make it to tomorrow and what better way to do that than to just not totally stick out? Be here, do just enough to be noticed, don't give out too much info in case it backfires and you're lynched, and then leave. I would also argue there wasn't any push at all, they came in and said I was scummy 'because gut', went back and forth a bit, voted, and then left. Didn't defend Star/AB or any of the other options, didn't say much on the lynch, they were just sort of 'there'.

Taking out Darryl does leave me scratching my head a bit. He's been on Sorian's case all game so taking him out doesn't make sense unless the other Scum is somewhere in the Top Posters and they just didn't want to narrow that field down.

I know I'm being quieter than usual but I'm thinking. I keep arguing myself out of every position before I can take it. Scum has covered tracks well this game but has it been misdirection or simply hiding in plain sight?

Yeah, Sawneeks, it's the Darryl kill that's sticking for me. There are a few ways to read that and I think the answer lies in picking the right one in that particular key but we are missing some info.

I'm gonna sleep on it. I have a long, boring class tomorrow so I will probably do some digging the

Karkador

Banned
The way Kark corrects him reads like he's shushing him. He is being very clear it is day and night instead of just casually mentioning they're blocked for night too.

...? I'm not even sure what you're saying anymore. Calling it "shushing", or that it "wasn't a casual mention" is kind of inventing stuff that was never said, and ignoring context.

The context is, we came off of a D1 and N1 where we stuck to the chat a lot, not expecting something like a silencer. There was no prep on our part to deal with something like a silencer, so the chat closed and we were caught off guard. Not helping matters is that Xbro and I play pretty damn differently.

So I dunno, is it really that crazy that it got awkward and the left hand didn't know what the right was doing? I got some idea about protecting the PR, Xbro thought he'd just keep quiet. It's pretty clear we tripped over each other, which I'm sure I'll get made fun of for it at the end, along with Xbro's 'purity'.

Xbro and I were literally in the middle of collectively gathering our thoughts about the silencing, without the benefit of the private chat. It's kind of irrelevant that you didn't find it casual enough. Not having a chat in this game, all of a sudden, is harder than it seems.

So if I had to make an obligatory return fire here, I'd say that I've already noted some disingenuous behavior from you in this game, and this is some low hanging fruit for you to retrofit a narrative onto.

rac

Banned
It's also possible they just decided it was better to stay out of the whole lynch entirely to not attract attention should it reflect poorly and instead sit nicely on someone who can easily be mislynched if they just leave them alive: Sorian and I.

I'll try this and see where it goes:

vote: rac/highlight]

VOTE: rac/highlight]

lol why not

looking at their posts quickly, I can see why you're heading here. Also as nonentity as I am, I don't want to help scum vote for town, so:

vote: rac/highlight]

couldnt i just vote absolutbro and then bring up the fact that you are still alive anyways

Sorian

Banned
couldnt i just vote absolutbro and then bring up the fact that you are still alive anyways

I'm confused what you mean. You were never in danger of being lynched, aren't these all the last minute votes that stuck for all of 2 minutes with like 5 minutes left in the day?

rac

Banned
I'm confused what you mean. You were never in danger of being lynched, aren't these all the last minute votes that stuck for all of 2 minutes with like 5 minutes left in the day?

just thinking how exactly we decided to not attract attention

Sorian

Banned
so my reason for voting for town roleblocker is to not attract attention, how did that fail

You flipped it again. It had nothing to do with who you voted for, it was the avoidance of voting Star that she is pointing out. I'm mostly just speaking for Saw here since I believe she went to sleep already.

Ty4on

Muffin/Sam's ignoring of Kits/FEP strikes me as Scum not knowing how to react to their partner and therefore just ignoring them or giving only half-reads. Their insistence on Darryl at the End of Day 2 reads to me as Scum not knowing how to save their partner and just staying out of it entirely which lines up with them just ignoring Kits/FEP despite them being a hot topic on Day 1 and Day 2. There was someone who said something along the lines of the Kit lynch 'feeling too easy' and this may be the reason for that? Their frustration towards Darryl is something I feel is rather NAI after thinking on it as I've seen both Scum and Town give that kind of reaction before when arguing with someone who they feel is using 'faulty' logic. Since entering the game, Rac and Acohrs have done a whole lot of nothing. From ignoring questions, deflecting questions, and hardly giving any elaboration they haven't really given any thoughts or comments to anything going on other than Sorian and Myself. When they do read others it's either a non-read on Nomad, slight shade on Monkey that goes nowhere, or promises of future reads that just also go nowhere. Nothing I have seen from either pair is pushing me towards a Town Read of them.

No, it is town not knowing what is going on and being fixated on Darryl instead.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

rac & acohrs (2)
Sawneeks 4091
Sorian 4098

No active vote for Day 5: acohrs, CrimsonFist, Dr. Worm, franconp, hey_monkey, Karkador, Natiko, Nomadic Sparks, rac, Royal_Flush (has previously voted), Sophia, Trigger, Ty4on, Xbro

Day 5 Postcount: acohrs 9, CrimsonFist 11, Dr. Worm 8, franconp 10, hey_monkey 14, Karkador 4, Natiko 13, Nomadic Sparks 13, rac 8, Royal_Flush 7, Sawneeks 10, Sophia 14, Sorian 17, Trigger 4, Ty4on 20, Xbro 5

Day 5 ends:
red_1503687600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

God that Ouro lynch still hangs over my head like Damocles' sword.

I was so goddamn sure that Ouro was scum, I was just so sure of it.

idk about Sorian, they seems off.

Like they're overplaying town to compensate for something?

Am I wrong?

Ty4on

...? I'm not even sure what you're saying anymore. Calling it "shushing", or that it "wasn't a casual mention" is kind of inventing stuff that was never said, and ignoring context.

The context is, we came off of a D1 and N1 where we stuck to the chat a lot, not expecting something like a silencer. There was no prep on our part to deal with something like a silencer, so the chat closed and we were caught off guard. Not helping matters is that Xbro and I play pretty damn differently.

So I dunno, is it really that crazy that it got awkward and the left hand didn't know what the right was doing? I got some idea about protecting the PR, Xbro thought he'd just keep quiet. It's pretty clear we tripped over each other, which I'm sure I'll get made fun of for it at the end, along with Xbro's 'purity'.

Xbro and I were literally in the middle of collectively gathering our thoughts about the silencing, without the benefit of the private chat. It's kind of irrelevant that you didn't find it casual enough. Not having a chat in this game, all of a sudden, is harder than it seems.

So if I had to make an obligatory return fire here, I'd say that I've already noted some disingenuous behavior from you in this game, and this is some low hanging fruit for you to retrofit a narrative onto.
I'm trying to read into it. For a townie Xbro's mistake is small and almost meaningless, but for a scum it's a big deal to get that part right. That's what I meant by it, you seemed really set on correcting him as if it was important.

It's a low hanging fruit I guess, but someone has to pick it lol

Ty4on

I'm confused what the mylo and the block conversation have to do with each other at this point? I'd obviously like a smaller pool to block from where possible which is why I'm not up for an early mylo than necessary.

It doesn't but it damns whoever was blocked and now I don't care about you until the next day phase at earliest.
Isn't it possible, especially knowing that you survived the night, that scum can circumvent your block?

Otherwise I don't see why they spare you. A switcher messing with their NKs is one PR too many.

Ty4on

I dunno.

D1 is... Something. If Xkark flips scum they probably tried to protect him, even going so far as to bus kitsune briefly. It's clear looking at the votes they preferred an Orb lynch.

Sorian

Banned
Isn't it possible, especially knowing that you survived the night, that scum can circumvent your block?

Otherwise I don't see why they spare you. A switcher messing with their NKs is one PR too many.

When more than one of them are alive, it shouldn't really be difficult to circumvent my block, I've been pretty clear cut with who I scum read and who Saw scum reads, that's why this isn't super useful right now, it's pretty clear scum has someone lurking in the top posters/town read area. Or they just have a strongman who still has/had shots.

After re-reading day 2, I just don't think xKark is scum. I think there would have been more chaos that day or at least one example of strange behavior had we hit the whole scum team with our silencing shot and the only possible evidence is fep's frustration, which could have been attributed to any number of things, from the RL shit he'd just been through to the way his partner had become a target. But there's really not anything else in that day that particularly stands out. Unless the scum team had decided early to bus kits regardless to earn cred (which is possible), it seems uneven. I welcome other thoughts on this.

Top Bottom