• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Uniqlo has a bunch of flannel shirts in stock now in preparation for the fall/winter seasons.

I snagged these two to go with my black jeans:

goods_08_401842

goods_59_401838

Anyone know how best to describe various fits on a t-shirt? Even better, any brand suggestions for unconventional (subtle or otherwise) fits?

Not exactly interested in length experimentation, possibly a tight upper but loose lower end. I'm definitely interested in sleeve variation though, like wider arm holes on either very short sleeves (Probably a thin material) or longer short sleeves.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Uniqlo has a bunch of flannel shirts in stock now in preparation for the fall/winter seasons.

I snagged these two to go with my black jeans:

I like black and green flannel.

One of the nicest plaid pattern I saw, black and red, was the blurred shadow one from John Elliott, but sadly the fabric isn't brushed. If it was I would have been willing to buy it, since I have only one flannel shirt and it's all gray.

Anyone know how best to describe various fits on a t-shirt? Even better, any brand suggestions for unconventional (subtle or otherwise) fits?

Not exactly interested in length experimentation, possibly a tight upper but loose lower end. I'm definitely interested in sleeve variation though, like wider arm holes on either very short sleeves (Probably a thin material) or longer short sleeves.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but John Elliott has a lot of varied styles. My tees are either JE or Reigning Champ. RC quality is better IMO, but JE has more style and color variety. Fanmail US also has some variety. Good quality there, but yeah, they're expensive. I only got two sherpa sweaters from them, got them on sale.

I really like the JE shirts as well, but after waiting an entire week for a pair of their pants only for them to arrive in poor condition, I'm kind of hesitant to buy from them again (not that it matters since they're sold out in size small anyway.)

I really want to pick up another shirt from Wolf vs Goat, the one shirt I have from them fits me like a glove and feels super soft.

I also need a new sweatshirt, which is probably gonna end up being something from Reigning Champ.

EVOL 100%

You can try ASOS, they have a fairly varied selection. They're pretty cheap too, so they might be good if you're trying to experiment and find what you want

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I really like the JE shirts as well, but after waiting an entire week for a pair of their pants only for them to arrive in poor condition, I'm kind of hesitant to buy from them again (not that it matters since they're sold out in size small anyway.)

Never bought anything else than tees and a pair of sweats from them, but it doesn't surprise me. They got great designs and campaign, that's what I follow them for first and foremost, mainly inspiration for outfits. I really like the image of the brand, but it's not affordable enough.

Fritz

I really want to pick up another shirt from Wolf vs Goat, the one shirt I have from them fits me like a glove and feels super soft.

I also need a new sweatshirt, which is probably gonna end up being something from Reigning Champ.

Classic Fruit of the Loom has a very modern fit with it's high neck.

kiyomi

Definitely will have a look at the trenches but I dunno about anything else in that collection tbh.

Quantum what happened to your post? I saw it yesterday, seemed like you were happy with the Acne jeans. What happened?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Squid you have to try pants in store or from places that ship and return for free!

-----

For sunglasses, I wear warby parkers, ellison. quality, nice, good price. I'm thinking of getting another pair or two, different models.

How do you guys keep up on sales, do you have any tips?

I created a Facebook custom list for all clothing stores I follow, but Facebook temoved them some time ago and for whatever reason I can still access and edit them through a bookmark. Otherwise, subscribe to the sites to get their mails and make a rule to send all that to some folder. Follow some on Instagram too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Sunglasses: who still wears em what y'all got what's your grail

I have prescription sunglasses, like a true middle-aged person. Warby Parker Topper in matte black. Unfortunately the last pair of Warby I'll be buying because my prescription has evolved past what they can manufacture.
DTwoLOh.jpg

My husband bought his "grail" pair last spring: Dior Technologic. My eyes were watering when he [eventually] admitted how much they cost, lol but at least it's not supporting Luxottica

iexsgy9.jpg

Went to the new Arket store in London today, latest member of the H&M/Cos family.

Pretty good stuff. Bit overpriced for what are essentials but quality seems good. Picked up a crew neck and work shirt.

CFMOORE!

What is Luxottica and why do people hate them?

They have a crazy monopoly on the glasses market and set prices absurdly high in every piece of eyewear that people think come from famous design houses. They tried to buy Oakley for instance, when they refused to sell, luxottica removed Oakley from their stores which depressed the stock so much that Oakley sold in order to remain a brand in business. That's just one evil

They design and manufacture almost EVERYTHING. People should really seek out non scummy independent companies

robox

They have a crazy monopoly on the glasses market and set prices absurdly high in every piece of eyewear that people think come from famous design houses. They tried to buy Oakley for instance, when they refused to sell, luxottica removed Oakley from their stores which depressed the stock so much that Oakley sold in order to remain a brand in business. That's just one evil

They design and manufacture almost EVERYTHING. People should really seek out non scummy independent companies

because the of the monopoly, it's why i thought for the longest time that 400$ glasses were the norm.
it's why warby parker became such a big deal for breaking into the market and offering stuff for 1/4 of the price

kiyomi

Arket seems like a weird thing. Looking at their collection a lot of it feels Cos-ish, pretty minimal, basic. Looks like they also carry some non-store brand stuff though. I'm not seeing the need for the differentiation between the two brands tbh.

I get a Uniqlo-ish feel from Arket, but it's pricier.

Lotto

I recommend SALT optics and Moscot for glasses brands if you don't like Luxottica. Warby Parker is good too, much less expensive but quality isn't as great.

How is it? I saw it on sale, I think it was on Notre.

new ALD season is looking hot.

I got the same, if that's the midweight. Great fit and quality.

yep, it's the midweight.

for some reason i got someone else's tracking link in my "your order has shipped!" email, but the one they texted me is correct. DHL is weird

Zekes!

How is it? I saw it on sale, I think it was on Notre.

new ALD season is looking hot.

I really like it. It's lightweight but substantial. Will be a good transition piece until I start wearing heavier jackets. My only issue is that I wear a lot of olive pants come the fall, but I wear enough denim and black that I'll probably still get a lot of wear outta it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
yep, it's the midweight.

for some reason i got someone else's tracking link in my "your order has shipped!" email, but the one they texted me is correct. DHL is weird

I got their black melton wool varsity jacket for free because they billed my credit card to a different company name once, which caused me to cancel my card thinking it had been hacked until I realize it was the same sum as for the jacket. When they realized their mistake and I told them I canceled the card, they said "Oh. Well, keep it then!", probably cause they still got their payment. They're awesome though, that jacket was actually out of stock in my size and after I emailed them asking if they would restock any they said they had one in one of their stores left and would contact me the next monday to put it back on their site so I could buy it. I got the email, told them "I'm ready!", refreshed the site, and boom it was there.

I really like it. It's lightweight but substantial. Will be a good transition piece until I start wearing heavier jackets. My only issue is that I wear a lot of olive pants come the fall, but I wear enough denim and black that I'll probably still get a lot of wear outta it.

Nice. Olive is really a lot more versatile than most people think. Gray, white, black and brown/beige work well as main pairing colors, but you can add poping colors too be it for accents, sneakers, layering; yellow, cyan, salmon, orange, pistachio green. It's really versatile.

NinjaBoiX

Coloured buttons on a shirt for a wedding? They're navy blue tortoiseshell on white twin weave cotton, the suit is navy too.

I can't decide if it's a potential faux pas or not...

NinjaBoiX

Hmm, the thing is it's a really nice fit. I got a plain white one from Next instead to play it safe (it was all sealed so couldn't try it on until I got home) and the collar is super stiff and comes up too high and the arms are too long. It's a really awkward fit, don't like it at all.

I think I'll just get the one with the navy buttons, I like it and think it'll work and to be fair the tie will cover most of the buttons anyway! It'll just look like a plain white shirt apart from a single button visible at the cuff that matches the suit colour anyway.

It's half the price of the really stiff, awkward one too...

EVOL 100%

because the of the monopoly, it's why i thought for the longest time that 400$ glasses were the norm.
it's why warby parker became such a big deal for breaking into the market and offering stuff for 1/4 of the price

Ugh, that's straight up cartoon villain amounts of evil.

Any other alternatives other than the aforementioned Warby Parker?

CFMOORE!

Ugh, that's straight up cartoon villain amounts of evil.

Any other alternatives other than the aforementioned Warby Parker?

As I mentioned on the other page, I really like Moscot, an NYC family owned operation for 100 years, SALT are independent, Barton Perrerira, Maui Jim is apparently still independent. You can usually find a whole list by typing into Google "independent sunglasses company" or "non luxottica owned companies". I am personally not a fan of Warby Parker's quality, but appreciate their disruptive efforts.

Top Bottom