• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter spoilers:

Ch. 858 Meeting
Pekoms is being treated by the Sun Pirates in the Eastern Bay.
He is worrying whether Jinbe told BM about what Bege is planning.
Aladine and Praline have been advising him to take it easy, but Pekoms felt suspicious about a figure that came into the bay in the middle of the night carrying cargo and attempted to go to BM but was stopped by the Sun Pirates.

Chopper meets with Luffy and Sanji at Bege's hideout and takes a bath at Monster Gun Vito's request. Vito recounts how his boss does not want to meet with dirty folks.

Switches to a Nami and Carrot bathing scene.
Nami discusses with Lola's twin about her meeting Lola.
Her twin recounts about the day where BM became hated by the world's giants, where Lola was proposed to by Elbaf's prince Loki. With the bad blood with the giants being wiped away and gaining the army of the famous Elbaf, the strongest kingdom in the world, Big Mom cried tears of joy.

However, Lola ran away, and BM gave up trying to befriend the giants and began research into giantification. Since they are like peas in a pod, she thought that she would suffer badly as well and would be killed one day.

3 hours and 30 minutes till the tea ceremony.
After Luffy and the others finish their bathing, they begin their meeting and discussion with Bege, but for some reason Ceaser appears at the meeting.
Bege has gotten his hands on Ceasar's heart and helped him run away, making him one of his subordinates.

The meeting becomes hectic, but everyone shouts "NO!" to the question of whether they like Jinbe's boss BM. Jinbe declares that everyone here is an ally, and that they are here to seek a temporary alliance.

Luffy: "What's the plan!?"
Bege: "We'll come up with a flawless one."
Ceasar: "Let's do this quickly! It ends here!"

End

caliph95

So Lola deal was what everybody pretty much predicted, so much for the Pudding memory theory though.
I guess we are doing a Fanservice-exposition Game of thrones style

IHaveIce

Banned
I think by now everybody thought this already about Lola.
I still wonder why Lola talked so fondly of Big Mom and was sure she would help friends of her? I mean what she did pissed her off to no end.

Loki as the name for the prince of the giants he? Nice.

Caesar, Bege, Jinbei, Luffy, Vinsmokes and I still have hopes for Urouge to show up lol with their people against Big Mom?
Shit does she go down afterall?

Ray Down

Banned
Cp0 strikes again in here. Be strong sanji

image.php

What are people expecting out of the climax and ending of this arc, anyhow, I want to see some thoughts.

Hard to tell. Usually, the arcs are their own little stories that can be completely wrapped up but with this one, I feel like the Big Mom threat isn't just going to be all wrapped up.

SIRF

I would love to see Big Mom really hurt everyone. I would hate it if she got defeated right now. it seems like there is a huge amount of people teaming up, what better way to show how incredibly powerful Yonkou are by having that come crashing down.

Straw hats can still escape and than be more scared of Kaido fight.

I would love to see Big Mom really hurt everyone. I would hate it if she got defeated right now. it seems like there is a huge amount of people teaming up, what better way to show how incredibly powerful Yonkou are by having that come crashing down.

If she isn't defeated now I doubt she will be. I'd rather see a Yonko actually be defeated than just kind of lose and still be somewhere off panel while the rest of the story happens.

What are people expecting out of the climax and ending of this arc, anyhow, I want to see some thoughts.
Some understanding between sanji and his family whether it be an end to the relationship or a start to a new one

Some end or start of a new conflict with big mo

Carrot joining officially

Ray Down

Banned
Three words only.....

COMPLETE FACKING CHAOS!!!

giphy.gif

Hard to tell. Usually, the arcs are their own little stories that can be completely wrapped up but with this one, I feel like the Big Mom threat isn't just going to be all wrapped up.

True
especially with the recent spoilers

I'm sure BM will wreck shit, but in berserk mode. Attack foe, friends and faily alike.

I think they won't escape though, they will leave freely with making a deal/cure Big Mom sickness. We got a doctor, a cook and a baker.

Some understanding between sanji and his family whether it be an end to the relationship or a start to a new one

Some end or start of a new conflict with big mo

Carrot joining officially

I don't know about that, at least with Judge, dude irredeemable imo. The others may be set up later to grow but I rather they not change now due to Sanji.

That spoiler:

tumblr_inline_ni5ag3SpIb1t2ch5m.gif

The bomb blowing up in Big Mom's face, leaving her with a look of surprise and a blackened face.

13dd38a0854f4195d1cc0173bd3ea49060679321694b40930708f80e9f3cf1d1.gif

Capone assasinates Luffy, Bropper becomes captain.

Then we get into the resurrect Luffy arc.

Sanji absolutely wrecking the wedding, taking out a Sweet Commander/Mafia bosses and stealing the show this arc

I kind of hope if (more like when) the plan goes south with Bege, Sanji is the one to give him a beating.

Ray Down

Banned
Next week, spoiler will leak one day earlier than usual due to holiday in Japan.

Editor's comment in the preview says, "Finally the wedding has begun!!"

Huh. That really was Caesar.

Now I'm certain Big Mom isn't going down any time soon. The giants are going to help, which means a trip to Elbaf.

Yeah, considering the few glimpses we saw of Big Mom's power, there is no way she is going down at this stage, unless somebody else steps in. Maybe BB or somebody else will be waiting in the wings and jump into the frey at the last minute?

Metal B

... okay, so i didn't think about it before, but Carrot actually now has a chance of joining the crew. She looks like to be really into seeing the world and especially the giants.

The Giants arc is clearly going to be about Norse mythology (a prince named Loki), which makes sense, since they have been portrait as Vikings all along. Goddammit! Loki, the god of trickstery, against Lysop!!! This makes too much sense! Also Lysop became a god ... amazing! So his dream will be a fulfilled with a battle against the god, who is well known of his lies. I can't get over it!

Verelios

I really liked this week's color spread. Not many spreads have been as good after the timeskip and the tagline had me laughing.

So, what was up with Carrot's super serious face when the topic of Big Mom being a horrible parent came up? A). She's a traitor or B). She has her own complicated relationship with her mother

Just stood out to me when Carrot rarely goes that deadpan

GhostBed

That scene with Luffy and Brook drinking milk to heal had me rollin. That's the kind of gag humor I really love out of this series.

These next few chapters are gonna be straight insanity. Really excited to see who all shows up to the wedding. Plus it'll be great to finally see Capone's crew in action. I wanna see guns do some real damage for once in this series.

Stuff with Lola and the Elbaf king was super interesting. Who would've predicted that Lola was this important? I feel positive that we'll see her again now.

Great chapter all around.

A lot of carrot panels...I'm just saying

The fact that really was CC in the firetank pirates shot is hilarious. Gastino lol.

Lola was supposed to marry the freaking prince of elbaf...eh id hate her forever too if I was in big moms position

Puffy trying to punch Capone was classic. That alliance is fucked completely different feel than when it happened with law

GhostBed

Ya know, I never really took the "Carrot for crew member" stuff seriously, but with each passing chapter it feels more and more realistic. She is getting a ton of screen time and dialogue.

But I can't shake how weird it is that she had such a small role in the Zou arc. If she was gonna be a future crew member, I feel like Oda would have gone out of his way to give her some bigger lines or flesh her out a bit more.

But who knows. Franky got introduced and characterized in a pretty weird way originally, so it's not exactly like there's a strict rule book for this stuff. I could see it going either way.

Ya know, I never really took the "Carrot for crew member" stuff seriously, but with each passing chapter it feels more and more realistic. She is getting a ton of screen time and dialogue.

But I can't shake how weird it is that she had such a small role in the Zou arc. If she was gonna be a future crew member, I feel like Oda would have gone out of his way to give her some bigger lines or flesh her out a bit more.

But who knows. Franky got introduced and characterized in a pretty weird way originally, so it's not exactly like there's a strict rule book for this stuff. I could see it going either way.
Robin says hello

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This chapter kind of solidified Carrot joining the crew because a) slight fan service aka prepping the "sanji likes girls regardless of race train" and b) she seems truly intrigued by the outside world. She's not gonna go back and the Straw Hats are gonna end up with 1 of every race on their crew, except for maybe giant, to show how magnetic Luffy and the crew are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom