• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R patched to 1.3: 60fps, story mode camera changes, lag improved, etc

tsundoku

framerate definitely feels doubled
that coupled with the improvement they made to input lag makes online feel very good now

also at some patch along the way they definitely improved how sliding around corners works

default cpus are piss easy now

Zalman

Gonna test this later, but props to Konami for supporting this game. Bomberman is a perfect fit for the Switch.

God damn it, I didn't need another expenditure this month with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

But honestly this was one of my most anticipated Switch titles and I was so disappointed in the 30fps and the input lag reports. Now that it's fixed there's no way I'm not gonna buy it.

Sayad

Was really puzzling why a game that look like this wasn't 60fps in first place, good to see Konami stick to their word about supporting the game.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's really cool and these updates are making me interested.

That said, I'm not buying this game until it's dropped in price as it's currently more expensive on the eshop than Zelda.

Regiruler

Patch 1.4 wishlist:
-the new characters
-reduce shop prices
-add the extra stages to the online rotation
-fix the superspeed issue (in some online games things move too far or too quickly and it breaks some mechanics)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm glad they made the Story Mode a bit easier. I'm not usually one to complain about challenge, but some of those bosses were ridiculous.

I might pop this back in the Switch and play through it again.

Edit - Damn, this patch has a ton of positive changes. Nice job, Konami.

If that list is true...I mean this is ANOTHER game...!!!!

NimbusD

FML lol k literally sold this game yesterday because the single player was way too hard with cheap ai and it was the only way to unlock shit for multiplayer which is the only part of the game I cared about.

Well, I'll definitely pick it up again when there's a good sale but it's a little too late sorry Konami!

Josh7289

I would definitely take lower quality graphics for 60 fps. Would like to see a more rigorous analysis to confirm that it's 60 fps now. If so, I'll more seriously considering purchasing it.

DKL

I'm too lazy to go put the game in, but this is actually crazy.

Gonna maybe put some time in this weekend if I can drag myself away from KOF :v

Okada

Just loaded up the game.

It's definitely 60fps now. I only played for a few seconds so no idea if there are drops.

Feels like there might have been a resolution drop (only tried handheld) but to be honest I can't remember what it was like before.

Edit - Playing against the AI is way more enjoyable now too.

OryoN

That's pretty awesome.

Each time a patch comes out for this game, I'm always tempted to be snarky and jest:
"Dat 60 fps incoming!" :D

I'm glad I never did though, cause the joke would've been on me! (Admittedly, I would have probably played it off as a really sharp prediction, rather than a backfired joke, lol)

Anyway, good on Konami for keeping up the support for Bomberman R. While I'm sure the positive sales gave them more incentive, you could tell that quite a few of these early Switch games were under very tight schedules and performance patches were highly likely.

Is there any precedent for a retail game going from target 30fps to target 60fps after a patch?
Battleborn's final update boosted the framerate on console from 30 to almost 60fps. That's the only game I can think of. I think Recore improved the fps but not by a lot.

Tsunamo

Figures this happens after Konami up the eShop price in Australia so it's less appealing for me to re-buy it. Great that they took heart with the issues and improved them though.

This is great but it's poor timing with Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart out next week. Hopefully when the free DLC is released they celebrate it with a sale.

jonno394

To be fair, a game this ugly with competitive multiplayer should've been 60fps in the first place

Indeed, but the fact they actually fixed it when they didn't have to, especially after already selling a few hundred thousand copies worldwide, is laudable imo.

Great post launch support should be applauded.

So happy I bought this game on release!
Local multiplayer was awesome and now with 60 fps it will get even better

Maybe I should try some online with gafers

Konami saw the sales and realized that they should care about Bomberman.

I greatly welcome these improvements (even if Unity is in the way), and I hope this means Bomberman has a future still.

Top Bottom