• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

South Park tho.

Stick Of Truth wasn't a play on words, was it?

I know it's SP, but 'fractured butt hole' not really being a saying and Stick Of Truth not being a play on words, it wasn't very obvious to me

Actually I only realised when I heard them say the title out loud on Screen Play

I know it's SP, but 'fractured butt hole' not really being a saying and Stick Of Truth not being a play on words, it wasn't very obvious to me

Actually I only realised when I heard them say the title out loud on Screen Play

Nope but since it is South Park it wasnt that hard to figure out the word play on fractured but whole if you have watched the show alot. Fart and poop jokes and all that.

Or maybe i'm just that smart? rofl :p

abundant

Did you watch the Announce Trailer back in 2015? It was obvious that it was a play on words when Cartman chuckled after saying The Fractured But Whole.

The Rednecks, Mr. Mackey, and PC Principal mention it in there dialogue, but nothing for gameplay.
Aside from scenes that specifically reference it, I haven't noticed much.
Well I'm a female and it has been mentioned or hinted at throughout the game by your parents, by one of the heroes when the first pop up to save you and the others have said a few times that they can't tell if I'm a boy or a girl. (and perhaps one or two other comments like that)

Also stuff like Race was brought up once by my parents at night, like I chose Scot and our dad I think pops their head in and goes "We're proud Scots" (one time they wrote this with two Ts, for shame >_> before that, they had consistently used it with one T)
Alright, I guess that's as good as it could be. Thanks!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Which seasons should I watch to get the most out of this game (references to the series etc.)? Except for a few random episodes, I haven't watched the series in a while so it seems like a good idea to catch up before starting my first playthrough.

The Coon
Coon 2: Hindsight
Mysterion Rises
Coon vs. Coon & Friends
The Poor Kid
Franchise Prequel

And I would watch the PC principal season just for little references and changes in the town.

N° 2048

I'm like five or so hours in and still haven't even talked to Mr.Mackey.

I'm just taking everything in, every tiny detail.

So. Gorgeous.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I just had my first bug that forced a reload, went down a ladder, and at the bottom, it just the animation locked and it looked like it was still trying to go down and no other button would work outside of pause (which allowed me to reload)

Thankfully it autosaves every new screen.

The game is a lot more buggier than Stick of Truth was, I think we all can mostly agree on that.

It was actually extremely solid for me. After 8 hours of continuous play my audio started glitching off for fractions of seconds. Restarted the game fixed it which only took 30s on PC. Only bug I saw and for an initial release version that's very good.

Pilgrimzero

I'm like five or so hours in and still haven't even talked to Mr.Mackey.

I'm just taking everything in, every tiny detail.

So. Gorgeous.

Same. Though I did finally talk to Mackey. Its kind of lame to get rewarded with artifacts that give say 20 might etc when I’ve already found 40 might ones. Heck I think I could craft a 40 before Cartman gave me the first one (a 15) and told me how to use it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Day 2 and second fight with
Kyle's cousin was amazing especially when Kyles Mom is a big fat bitch played in the background.

Flaboere

Anyone else have grey bars in the top and bottom of the screen? My resolution is set correct, so not sure what it'd be. Maybe the game simply doesn't support 1920x1200?

The Goat

How is everyone feeling about the combat, compared to Stick of Truth? So far, I much prefer SoT. Something is off about the combat now. Or, my recollection of SoT is off. Either way, not enjoying the encounters as much.

How is everyone feeling about the combat, compared to Stick of Truth? So far, I much prefer SoT. Something is off about the combat now. Or, my recollection of SoT is off. Either way, not enjoying the encounters as much.

The combat is fine, but it's not what i played the game for.

Not sure what made the game about 5 hours longer than SoT, maybe it is the many boss encounters? Surely there were less side quests? Maybe the cutscenes were longer too.

I always just assumed this was in reference to the WoW episode of South Park with the Sword of a thousand truths or whatever.

I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more. SOT all I did was use the same Mage spells over and over.
Similar to my thoughts. Let's face it with stick of truth you would likely spam a status effect on an enemy or two, and then go with your strongest attack you had available at the moment. Your partner was usually whoever fit your playstyle the best.

In this game having 3 partners is amazing. More depth to it. With a grid based system you attack based on your enemies position and status. You choose your super based on your need.

Being limited to 3 attacks is kind of shitty, but I can see why they did it because if not youd be way overpowered. I'm playing on normal and since day 2 in game I haven't struggled with any encounter. So the game isn't hard but at this point there's little need to switch to hard mode.

Quonny

Only thing I'm not liking is how all attacks are basically left/right and there are none that are up/down outside of cross/AoE attacks.

Anyone know when/if they’re going to release Stick of Truth by itself on PS4? I know it was a preorder bonus, but I’d like to try that one out first before spending $60 on this game.

Demain

Just finished this earlier today, loved it but nowhere near as risqué as the first game!
Favourite part was
the fight with cousin Kyle which then made it against him, Shiela and Kyle. Loved the music!

Liked the smaller additions to the map, but felt there could have been more especially with the fun Canada portion in the first game.

Poppyseed

Can anyone confirm if I buy the game digitally on PSN for PS4 in the US - do you still get the Stick of Truth free with purchase?

I don't see any mention of it on PSN, but Ubi's site says this:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025379/FREE-SOUTH-PARK-THE-STICK-OF-TRUTH-OFFER

"POST LAUNCH:
If you decide to buy South Park: The Fractured But Whole DIGITALLY after release (Oct. 17, 2017) from either the Uplay Store, Steam, the PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace, or other eligible PC digital stores*, you will receive South Park The Stick of Truth immediately as a download unlock for your platform."

shaneo632

I really wish you could skip through the battle animations. I've just fought a boss near the end of the game and it's really annoying having to watch the same minute-long animation every time you start the fight again.

Also battle speed options would be nice. Died twice on a really long boss fight so it took me almost an hour to beat it in total.

Pachinko

So if "coon and friends" and all related episodes are some of my most hated in the series will I get anything out of this game ? I loved the first one .... course I haven't watched the show in 2 years so ....

shaneo632

FUCK the final battle in this game
Takes like 10-15 minutes to even get to the final part and if you die you go all the way back to the beginning.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So if "coon and friends" and all related episodes are some of my most hated in the series will I get anything out of this game ? I loved the first one .... course I haven't watched the show in 2 years so ....

If you can ignore the super hero clothing go for it. If you loved the first one you might like this one.

I honestly doubt you'll like this game then. Also you will miss out on alot of references and so on if you haven't watched the show in 2 years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone confirm if I buy the game digitally on PSN for PS4 in the US - do you still get the Stick of Truth free with purchase?

I don't see any mention of it on PSN, but Ubi's site says this:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025379/FREE-SOUTH-PARK-THE-STICK-OF-TRUTH-OFFER

"POST LAUNCH:
If you decide to buy South Park: The Fractured But Whole DIGITALLY after release (Oct. 17, 2017) from either the Uplay Store, Steam, the PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace, or other eligible PC digital stores*, you will receive South Park The Stick of Truth immediately as a download unlock for your platform."

The promotions runs until January 31st as per the official site.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

You'd like it. It's like the first game but with superheroes and a much better battle system. The story has nothing to do with the BP spill.

Well thank god for Steam's return system.

I mentioned this early on in the thread but I couldn't play the game because I'm locked out of my Uplay account... Several days latter I'm still locked out of my account so I just returned the game and I'll either buy it on PS4 at some point or wait until it goes on sale.

Fuck double DRM on this shit, I was so excited to play this game and fucking Uplay has to ruin everything.

Top Bottom