• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Not getting my hopes up for the Nintendo announcement. They won't show anything new.

I'm excited as fuck.

Silence! Zelda U it is

Silence_SHARPENED.png

Hindle

Banned
Dishonoured II and the new Hitman are possible wildcards as well.

Square have said they want to release more frequent games in the series, and Square Montreal are heavily rumoured to be making a new game in the series.

A Dishonoured sequel being made is a given, but there are no indications it will be at the VGX. However Bethesda will want to capitalise on the positive reception the first game received and may want to announce a sequel sooner rather then later.

People get confused because EAD teams are very plastic and people get reassigned based on demand. I imagine Monolith Kyoto is helping the team out with asset production again too. Tokyo Monolith is likely too busy with X.

I honestly think Zelda is likely for release nex year, or at the very least, Nintendo is planning to release it then short of any delays or tea table up ending. have a sneaking suspicion they want Animal Crossing for next holiday too but new IP, Smash, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and X on top of the rest of next years line up sounds too good to be true.

JDSN

Banned
Im counting on a Fallout 4 tease and Telltale's new game.
Nintendo in VGX is a bit of a wildcard, they could easily show anything from Zelda to that Steel Diver f2p.

IGN seems pretty adimant that their Game of Thrones videogame by Telltale story is true, so what's the chances it's 'officially' revealed at the VGX....one year after Walking Dead won GOTY there?

Frodo

Calling it now: Nintendo will announce they bought Crash Bandicoot and are releasing a new game exclusive for the Wii U. Out Spring 2014.

Rage ensues. Thread on NeoGAF reaches 20+ pages within the hour. Mostly tears.

SJRB

Gold Member
I had no idea the VGAs were in two weeks already, pretty cool. Fingers crossed for a Watchdogs release date [I don't know, I just want SOMETHING goddamnit]

Other than that I'm really looking forward to seeing new, unannounced games. And of course gameplay from The Order, which would be pretty sweet.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Looking forward for Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 4 reveals.

And people saying Demon Souls 2 need to leave the train now before it crashes into disappointment.

EvilPengy

Banned
Oh man I remember the backlash after the SSX Deadly Descents trailer. They did a total 180 on that game and I love them for it.

I hope a true sequel to Tricky/3 is announced at the VGX

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That link saying they have a source that confirm the next ME will be announced there is also saying it will release in late or even early 2014... yeah right.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
For what it's worth, the Official Nintendo Magazine just put up a post about Reggie teasing something for VGX (no new info) and they wouldn't normally put up a story if it were just a rumour/wasn't true. Might be some significant reveal in this case.

BY2K

Membero Americo
There's no way it's Zelda Wii U, but it would SLAY me.

Maybe a full gameplay reveal for X? Final name? New Smash trailer with brand new character reveal? It could be anything, good or bad.

Kouichi

Nintendo tease?!

Whelp, now I'm even more hyped for this. I'll try to keep my hype in check, but I would love a Smash trailer.

Xun

Nintendo revealing something here would be great, but whatever it is I hope it's something unannounced.

It also makes sense to show off something big before Christmas to entice more people to get the Wii U.

wrowa

For some reason, I think Nintendo might show a new Smash Bros. trailer. Seems like the obvious choice for that event to me.

I just have a hard time thinking BioWare would tease Mass Effect this early out when Dragon Age is their game that has all hands on deck, and even that isn't coming until late next year.

Could be a Zelda Teaser from Nintendo. Aonuma said a few weeks ago he wants to prepare something for the not so distant future (even when we all now what that means in Nintendo language...)

Tnetennba

For some reason, I think Nintendo might show a new Smash Bros. trailer. Seems like the obvious choice for that event to me.

It's a game with broad appeal, and it's also one of the titles most likely to shift consoles next year. I think it makes sense for them to throw out a new trailer with a new character or two in it. I mean, I'd like it to be Zelda or Metroid, but I can't see them announcing a new title at an event like this. It just doesn't seem their style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom