• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

This is more for when things go full steam once the JP version launches.

Questions like?

I attempted to cover most of the questions (like game length, both true end and completionist, as well as "do I need to play the original" and stuff like that) that I thought would be asked most in the Information section of the OP.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Questions like?

I attempted to cover most of the questions (like game length, both true end and completionist, as well as "do I need to play the original" and stuff like that) that I should would be asked most in the OP.

What Im saying is you should have a single section where you compile the Q&A stuff for simple things which has a visible label so users who generally look at FAQ stuff first to see if their question is in there will find it easily.

Otherwise lots of users will skip over trying to read through everything in the OT to hunt just for that specific piece of information. Then again in general nobody reads the OT after a certain point in the thread, but its good for your other users who are participating in the thread to point folks who dont read to the FAQ section that would have the answer to their question.

While you already have the answer written out in the product info section one of the more common questions will be total play time.

Other stuff you should be able to come up with on your own or reorganize with the information you already have present. As you do not need a lot of super indepth stuff, but just general answers to questions you know users would ask.

Pretty much that small section after the product information part is a FAQ. Good place to have a banner for it as its up at the top so easy to see right away. You might want to toss the playtime info in there too if you decide to make a banner for that section you did. The quoted section below to be clear.

What is NieR?

Sadly overlooked as one of the hidden gems of last generation, the original NieR was an action RPG released 7 years ago that told a story about a man trying to save his daughter from a seemingly incurable disease in a post-apocalyptic world nearing its end. Though it didn't release to critical acclaim, it resonated with many passionate fans who praise its story and music to this day. Directed by none other than Yoko Taro - yes, this guy - it shunned expectations and left a mark all its own, combining genres and shocking players with its raw storytelling. (Text Adventure Pun Intended)​

What is NieR: Automata?

NieR: Automata is an Open World Action RPG that places a strong focus on storytelling. Though you don't need to have played it to enjoy the game, NieR Automata takes place thousands of years after Ending E of the original NieR. Unlike the original however, Yoko Taro & his crew are this time backed up by Platinum Games, known for their high quality action games like the Bayonetta Series & Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, and they've been given almost complete creative freedom by publisher Square Enix.

In short, NieR: Automata is set to combine more of the deep, surprising storytelling of the original with a completely redone combat system created by some of the best action game developers in the business.​

What if I want to play the original first?
If that's what you want to do, you should take a look at Amazon for your country, or a local game store to see if they have any used copies. Otherwise, you should be just fine catching up to speed with either - or both - of these:

What's with that OT Title?

How can I import the game?
You can order JP or HK PSN cards on Play Asia or another code reseller to buy the game through the corresponding PSN Store. (Requires JP/HK PSN Account)​

Since once again thats pretty much a tiny FAQ as is so having one of those nifty banners you create would be great just to catch the readers eye better that this is the section with general Q&A

T.O.P

Banned
Can't friggin wait for the EU release

Let's just hope that i'll be done with Zelda by the time this drops, such an insanely busy month

Anyone tried the Honk Kong demo and selecting "order game"
Oddly enough the HK demo isn't available if you search for it on PSN via browser or on the PS4. Had to google it for a link and hit the download button so I could download on the PS4. Sony HK's own page links to purchasing the digital version of the game but that just takes you back to the demo page.

Edit: just checked, there's no order option unlike the NA/EU version. Just 'Check back soon!'.

Olimar

Neo Member
Really excited for this one, although I don't believe it will be a day one purchase for me. I'll have to watch some Twitch streams before I think about settling down.

Game looks great, combat is fluid, and I was actually very impressed by the demo despite never playing any game in this series prior.

I just want to make sure this game is right for me. I have been torn against Nioh and this, and not sure what game william be more forgiving in the end. Not too big of a Dark Souls fan which is what Nioh seems to resemble.

There is just only so much time in a day...

Parakeetman

What I want to know is when are they going to release the OST for the game as gotta preorder that NOW lol

Really excited for this one, although I don't believe it will be a day one purchase for me. I'll have to watch some Twitch streams before I think about settling down.

Game looks great, combat is fluid, and I was actually very impressed by the demo despite never playing any game in this series prior.

I just want to make sure this game is right for me. I have been torn against Nioh and this, and not sure what game william be more forgiving in the end. Not too big of a Dark Souls fan which is what Nioh seems to resemble.

There is just only so much time in a day...
"what game william be more forgiving in the end"

Freudian slip, your destiny has been laid bare before your eyes. Nioh first it is.

It has and will always have its own merits - if people don't want the game they don't need to buy it.

It's simply no secret that its originally well-placed release date has now been severely threatened by much larger titles, and NieR: Automata deserves a chance if the person is interested.

Admittedly, it was left over from the 'Hype Thread.' If it's truly an issue it can be removed.
Fuck that. Yoko Taro needs all the help we can get him to get the recognition he deserves. People still aren't realizing that for fans of his and in general, the fact that this game ever got made is still a miracle.

LotusHD

Banned
Fuck that. Yoko Taro needs all the help we can get him to get the recognition he deserves. People still aren't realizing that for fans of his and in general, the fact that this game ever got made is still a miracle.

Then make a thread, or feel free to bug people in other threads or within the OT I guess. But it really doesn't need to be in the OT itself, just makes it sound like the game's a charity case lol, especially when you bring up other big titles.

We all know it's a miracle, but we should have at least some formality since it's the OT thread.

Eolz

Great OT! Like the title too :)
Subscribing but won't go in until some time in case of spoilers ahah

I hate the fact that I'll be at work tomorrow when it releases and then I have to go get a desk from my aunts so I won't be able to play it until awhile into the evening.

I'll be checking this OT constantly though

Since once again thats pretty much a tiny FAQ as is so having one of those nifty banners you create would be great just to catch the readers eye better that this is the section with general Q&A

Done - thanks for the advice.

I'll keep an eye out for other questions that keep popping up, so that I can add answers to those as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is Nier having a sequel that miraculous?

I mean, Drakengard had 2 sequels after all lol

Considering: Production costs exploding in the HD era, the decline in popularity of JRPG's in the west, the diminished state of the console market in Japan, and little in the way of critical approval or commmercial success internationally...

Yeah. Its miraculous alright.

I've watched an entire Nier playthrough and read a ton of analysis/lore stuff and I'm still not entirely sure what exactly happens between Nier and this game.

Something about
*******aliens and Emil making a ton of clones of himself
lol?

Lime

Can someone make me an avatar of 2B from this picture

https://abload.de/img/img_3451t1u6q.jpg

i hope this links right, im on my phone

not sure if this is what you wanted

neogafhelp34q15.png

Plumpman

Is this import friendly? I heard it has English Subtitles, but was unclear on if the menus were translated.

EDIT: Yes I'm impatient! HNG!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Quick heads-up: There are evidently people out there with copies already, so be careful folks. I've already stumbled across footage (albeit potato-quality) of a short stretch of gameplay in a style that's not been shown up to now...

Parakeetman

Is this import friendly? I heard it has English Subtitles, but was unclear on if the menus were translated.

EDIT: Yes I'm impatient! HNG!

Seeing how the JP demo had options to turn the game into English. Would imagine the full version will also.

Ferr986

Considering: Production costs exploding in the HD era, the decline in popularity of JRPG's in the west, the diminished state of the console market in Japan, and little in the way of critical approval or commmercial success internationally...

Yeah. Its miraculous alright.

That already was a thing (even more than now) when Nier 1 released.

And even though it wasn't a big seller, it got a small cult. IMO it was more surprising to launch Drakengard 3 than Nier 2.

Jiraiza

Quick heads-up: There are evidently people out there with copies already, so be careful folks. I've already stumbled across footage (albeit potato-quality) of a short stretch of gameplay in a style that's not been shown up to now...

Well, if the Day 1 patch is real, then they won't have all that much to spoil except for the first few hours.

Top Bottom